Is there a way to have your favorite list for phone numbers as an independant icon on your screen? This way you will not have to hit phone, then favorites, then the name.
    09-23-12 08:41 PM
    No there isn't a way to do this unless you jailbreak your phone. But really though, is that one extra tap of the screen a big deal?
    09-24-12 07:03 AM
    It must be or I would not have taken the time to post the question. But thanks for your 2 cents. Speed dial is even better, like on all the other phones.
    09-24-12 01:25 PM
    No there isn't a way to do this unless you jailbreak your phone. But really though, is that one extra tap of the screen a big deal?
    For me it is a big deal as I do make a ton of calls on my phone. This annoys me when I use my iPhone, hit the button and scroll down to find the name from my 1000+ contacts, to do all these extra steps. When I use my Android phones, having a shortcut or widget on the screen for quick dial is a huge plus for me. Having all the keys as speed dial on my BB9900 is huge and a big reason why I prefer it as my daily driver. This may not be a priority for some people who don't do many voice calls or just use their phone for personal use, but for some, myself included, who call a lot and use their phone for mainly business, it is absolutely a huge plus and saves a ton of time. Have you ever tried dialing while driving? The BB is king for this with the speed dial keys. I know you shouldn't do it as it's dangerous to dial and drive but that wasn't my point. It's just ease of dialing your frequent callers.
    09-26-12 10:25 AM
    Tell you what, being able to just Pin any contact to the start screen (in Windows Phone) is the best 'speed dial' I've experienced.

It's too bad Apple can't make this happen.
    09-27-12 02:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD