FaceBook now reports that they have implemented an iPad version of FaceBook into the App Store.

While FaceBook appears to have a page, here, stating that they have released an iPad version of their popular social networking app for iOS, the link, "Get The App" only takes me to an iPhone version of the app. FaceBook may be very close to releasing an iPad-resolution version of our favorite social networking site. It's important to note that FaceBook has posted this page on FaceBook; although, the app is not out yet. The fact that FaceBook's official page says that it's out seems to hint that it might be on it's way out – perhaps even today. Keep your eyes peeled.

Recently, the only way to get FaceBook on your iPad was to use a jailbreak hack that enabled the hidden iPad code in the iPad app. FaceBook quickly picked up on what jailbreakers were doing and released a patch which killed the usefulness of this tweak (FaceForward). FaceBook was expected to bring the iPad version of FaceBook out at Apple's, "Let's Talk iPhone" event the day just before Steve Jobs' death. FaceBook never appeared on stage. Could this be their follow-up?

EDIT: FaceBook for iPad appears to have been officially released. It is universal for all devices. As always, it is free. It comes with FULL iPad-resolution support. The wait is finally over.

From modmyi.com
    10-10-11 05:03 PM
    Great. Now parents will never get their iPads back.
    GolfnCPA likes this.
    10-10-11 07:47 PM
    The new app is great - and it's a lot like the WebOS Touchpad version which I adore.

Love it so far on my phone.
    10-10-11 10:07 PM
    Congrats, you finally get facebook! I had it from day one, don't use it.
    10-10-11 10:13 PM
    Man that took long enough...

I'm glad it's out, but I'm surprised it took FaceBook that long to roll it out (I'm assuming the hold up was on their end and not Apple's), especially considering the iPad is the current marketshare holder in the current generation of tablets.
    10-11-11 01:06 AM
    It has always been out. This is the version for the iPad
    10-11-11 05:51 AM
    It has always been out. This is the version for the iPad
    Sorry I wasn't clear, I meant it took them long enough to roll out the iPad version compared to other tablets which have had a specific version for a while now.
    10-11-11 06:39 AM
    Don't trust Facebook so not loading the app. Have the app on my BB. One is enough. Lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-11-11 06:54 AM
    Sorry I wasn't clear, I meant it took them long enough to roll out the iPad version compared to other tablets which have had a specific version for a while now.

Yeah it did I think that was because of the little fight Apple and FB had a while ago.
    10-11-11 07:43 AM
    Given my experiences and feelings about the new and improved 'real' Facebook, I'm giving this as wide a berth as possible on my (recently acquired) iPad. The FB app on my iPhone has not (yet) been hopelessly buggered and that's good enough for me from a mobile standpoint.
    10-11-11 10:54 AM
    It's cool on my iPad. I'm just glad the 4.0 came to iPhone as well.
    10-11-11 04:35 PM
    Congrats to iPad users!
    10-11-11 06:26 PM
    Are you saying that this app is from facebook itself (and not from a third party)? Cause there was already a facebook app... sorry if I sound confused... newbie here
    10-13-11 10:17 AM
    It's the official Facebook app.
    10-13-11 10:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD