I'm curious here....
    When I get any type of Facebook message, comment, or response, my BB notifies me immediately.
    Does the iphone do this too?
    01-22-11 05:12 PM
    Yes. The phone screen comes alive with a blue message saying about updates or likes..etc.
    Although the Facebook app feels a bit buggy if you ask me. I always tell people to restart the phone, once it's installed and re-log in and leave it that way.

here is a sample of the facebook app on iphone:

Last edited by Shodan775; 01-22-11 at 05:25 PM.
    dloreski likes this.
    01-22-11 05:17 PM
    I don't know why, but in the past month, I've had to delete it on my BB and FB account, then reinstall it on avereage twice a week to keep getting the notifications.
    01-22-11 05:19 PM
    I'm going to request all those people.. hahahaha...

kidding..
    01-22-11 05:25 PM
    I don't know why, but in the past month, I've had to delete it on my BB and FB account, then reinstall it on avereage twice a week to keep getting the notifications.
    in general, the facebook app sux, regardless of which phone you have. I do like the iphone version, although sometimes I just bring it up in the browser instead.
    01-22-11 05:29 PM
    I had problems with the Facebook app on my bb all the time. I like that I can get notifications and check the news feed, but the overall app for bb sucks IMO. I love the facebook app for the iphone. For me the notifications come a LOT quicker and I like that I can facebook chat and just the overal interface is better.
    01-26-11 09:50 AM
    The overall GUI on the Facebook app on an i4 is better than it was on my Torch. Faster and easier to navigate.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by pilsbury; 01-29-11 at 03:18 PM.
    01-26-11 10:45 AM
    Much better app on the iphone.
    01-26-11 12:36 PM
    I do wish that notifications, period, on the iPhone were more consistent...
    01-28-11 10:55 AM
    I think it's the Facebook app with crappy notification coding; Sportacular and Words with Friends notifications are perfect.
    01-28-11 05:28 PM
    Sorry, but for me, Word With Friends fails with notifications quite often...

I have to remember to open the app from time to time, to make sure I have no games\notifications pending...

I think it's the Facebook app with crappy notification coding; Sportacular and Words with Friends notifications are perfect.
    01-29-11 12:17 AM
    I'll have to disagree with the majority here. The Facebook app is the one app on my iPhone that doesn't play nice.

With me, the notifications aren't consistent. Sometimes I get alerts and other times I have to open the app and update to pull through any pending alerts. It's a little annoying.

I've checked all the settings and everything is set to alert me, so not sure what is going on.
    01-29-11 09:16 AM
    I'll have to disagree with the majority here. The Facebook app is the one app on my iPhone that doesn't play nice.

With me, the notifications aren't consistent. Sometimes I get alerts and other times I have to open the app and update to pull through any pending alerts. It's a little annoying.

I've checked all the settings and everything is set to alert me, so not sure what is going on.
    I would have to say carrier related. Here in the states for me, AT&T + iPhone = WIN.
    01-29-11 03:20 PM
    I don't even use the FB app built in notifications anymore. I use Boxcar and now that it is 100% free I would advise anyone to do the same thing.
    01-29-11 05:48 PM
    I find both to be a bit flaky on delivery. The iPhone app is hit and miss on notifications and the BB app ether pushes all the notifications or none of them (the past two weeks I haven't gotten any).

The iPhone app looks a little prettier, but in use they seem pretty much the same to me. Then again, I'm not really that into Facebook. I only do very basic stuff and not that often. I don't use chat at all...not even on the PC.

If the quality of the FB app is of utmost importance, I've heard that the Android version is much better than any of the other ones, though I haven't actually used it and can't confirm that!
    01-29-11 06:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD