Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default EZ Switch So Far... How about Password Keeper?

Wow, I'm not really great with electronics, but so far this has been a breeze.....
    I use a Mac and my BB DM let me throw my calendar, photos, and contacts all into the equivalent mac programs and then I just synced the new 4S and wa la!
    I used password keeper on my BB..... Is there something similar for iphone?
    - Dave
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    15,147 Global Posts

I use LastPass on Android, BlackBerry, and PC. It's available for iphone here: App Store - LastPass for Premium Customers
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    628 Global Posts

There's quite a few of them in the app store. Just search password keeper and quite a few will come up.
    O.G.

Global Posts
    12,347 Global Posts

I recommend eWallet. Works great for me and has excellent reviews. Yes, it does cost $10 though. Great app though and syncs to its desktop counterpart on Mac or PC.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,859 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avt123 View Post
    I recommend eWallet. Works great for me and has excellent reviews. Yes, it does cost $10 though. Great app though and syncs to its desktop counterpart on Mac or PC.
    I have eWallet on my 9700 and will spend the $$ to update it to the 4S when I get it. love the app for sure!
     @Rockdog97 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,806 Global Posts
    PIN
    iMessenger

For a simple but free PW Keeper, I use Lockbox.
    iPhone 4S Jailbroken
    iPad 3rd Generation Jailbroken
    Apple TV
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts

If you used Ascendo Datavault on your BB, you need only to purchase and install the the iPhone software, which will sync with the same Windows desktop and database.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,453 Global Posts

I've been using BBs for a long time (still do but I'm using and appreciating Apple simplicity ALOT these days). Over the years I've slowly cultivated quite the long list of items in my password keeper BB app. This is one of the very few things I've backed up and carried from berry to berry as it grew (my contacts calendars email are on a server do no need for that) I've been using apple a lot and like you-- I searched for an alternative. Ultimately I chose an app simply called-- Passwords. I like it cause it's one of the only ones that is local, in the phone and it ends there. You steal my phone, try to access my passwords, enter the wrong password multiple times and it gets zapped. end of story. all these other fancy apps brag about how they create back ups on their server so you could access your info in the event you loose your phone. That's really nice but I don't know or trust an app guy to have my most valuable sets of numbers in his server. Passwords. It's a black icon. simple and good. And graphics wise, it's very fancy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Addict

I use pKeeper. There's a paid one and a free one. It's simple and pw protected
    Please support my new site
    Chellie’s World™

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,165 Global Posts
    PIN
    IT TO THE FLOOR!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tedzone View Post
    I've been using BBs for a long time (still do but I'm using and appreciating Apple simplicity ALOT these days). Over the years I've slowly cultivated quite the long list of items in my password keeper BB app. This is one of the very few things I've backed up and carried from berry to berry as it grew (my contacts calendars email are on a server do no need for that) I've been using apple a lot and like you-- I searched for an alternative. Ultimately I chose an app simply called-- Passwords. I like it cause it's one of the only ones that is local, in the phone and it ends there. You steal my phone, try to access my passwords, enter the wrong password multiple times and it gets zapped. end of story. all these other fancy apps brag about how they create back ups on their server so you could access your info in the event you loose your phone. That's really nice but I don't know or trust an app guy to have my most valuable sets of numbers in his server. Passwords. It's a black icon. simple and good. And graphics wise, it's very fancy.

I agree with you on not needing my passwords to be backed up on a server, but I would like to back them up on my PC. Does this "Passwords" app back up at all?

CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,453 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by maxiang View Post
    I agree with you on not needing my passwords to be backed up on a server, but I would like to back them up on my PC. Does this "Passwords" app back up at all?

Very good question maxi. I think it's possible. I'm gonna mess with it tomorrow and let you know.

O.G.

Global Posts
    12,347 Global Posts

eWallet backs up to the PC, Mac and even Linux I believe. You click "sync" on the iPhone and "sync" on your computer within the app on the iPhone and computer and everything saves and is transfered.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,165 Global Posts
    PIN
    IT TO THE FLOOR!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tedzone View Post
    Very good question maxi. I think it's possible. I'm gonna mess with it tomorrow and let you know.

I just bought msecure after doing a bit of research Covers most of the simplicity that I learned to appreciate from my BB's and a free back up utility for my PC with a paid sync/manager if I want it. Thanks for looking though

...oh, and it's "maxiang" or I don't mind "max" Like I used to say during my theme building days, maxi sounds like a feminine hygiene product LOL!!!

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    489 Global Posts

DataVault was my choice after moving on from splashid for syncing reasons.

The customer service is excellent.

iPhone Password Manager Comparison - The Best Password Managers for iPhone