Hi - I can't set up exchange on the iphone. I have it on my BB with no problem.

First I get a message saying it can't verify and I click continue anyway & it tries to verify again and says unable to verify acct info

Our IT people can't (won't) help. I read a thread a long time ago about something to do with checking certificates and now that I have an iphone, I can't find it.

Can anyone help me set up my work email on the iphone 3Gs?
    08-08-10 03:56 PM
    I just set mine up through Exchange at work. I had a BB on BES before. Our IT department allows it. All we have to do is sign a paper stating that we follow corporate email policies and they will not help me out with any problems other Han setting it up. I am not sure what they had to do on their end. I do know they had to open up a port to allow iphones and Droids. On my iphone I set it up as follows:

Email address
    Server = mail.abcd.com
    Domain = abcd
    User name = my network user name
    Password = network password

Once all of that was entered it synched email, folders, calendar and contacts.

Does tour company have a mail.company.com website where you can access your email on a computer?
    08-08-10 07:16 PM

First I get a message saying it can't verify and I click continue anyway & it tries to verify again and says unable to verify acct info

Our IT people can't (won't) help. I read a thread a long time ago about something to do with checking certificates and now that I have an iphone, I can't find it.

BB and iPhone use different systems, BB uses BES and iPhone uses Exchange Active Sync. Your IT department must enable or activate this. If they don't or won't you are out of luck. Microsoft Active sync is included in the Server software.
    08-08-10 08:47 PM
    BB and iPhone use different systems, BB uses BES and iPhone uses Exchange Active Sync. Your IT department must enable or activate this. If they don't or won't you are out of luck. Microsoft Active sync is included in the Server software.
    Thanks for both of the answers. I am BIS (not BES) with the Blackberry. I did not realize the Active Sync had to be set up. I will ask our IT person and see but......

Since I am still carrying both the BB and Iphone, I'll live. If I could get my work mail, I as seriously thinking about just using the iPhone.
    08-09-10 12:32 AM

What OS are you running, iOS 4.0.1?
    08-09-10 08:10 AM
    4.01. I emailed IT toask if Active Sync is enabled and so far no answer. They had tried with someone else to set up iphone for exchange and said it could not be done. I am going to see if I can get the server settings and try imap settings.
    08-09-10 01:56 PM
    4.01. I emailed IT toask if Active Sync is enabled and so far no answer. They had tried with someone else to set up iphone for exchange and said it could not be done. I am going to see if I can get the server settings and try imap settings.
    Sounds like they don't know what they're doing. Microsoft Active Sync needs to be enabled just like they had to enable BES to access the email server.
    08-09-10 03:45 PM
    The iPhone has had exchange and "push" email bugs with 4.0 and 4.0.1, 4.1 is coming out and it does in fact correct these bugs as I have tested it on both 4.1 b2 and b3. 4.0.1 was suppose to correct it but it didn't for me.
    08-10-10 11:27 AM
    The iPhone has had exchange and "push" email bugs with 4.0 and 4.0.1, 4.1 is coming out and it does in fact correct these bugs as I have tested it on both 4.1 b2 and b3. 4.0.1 was suppose to correct it but it didn't for me.
    4.0.1 supposedly fixed the Exchange bug, and I believe it did. Before with 4.0.0, I had to download the Exchange patch, but with 4.0.1, I didn't have to.
    08-11-10 04:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD