I just updated my iPad last night to iOS7. The update was smooth but I have been experiencing glitches on my iPad operation since last night. Also, like anything new, I have been grappling to learn how to use this new iOS7.

I guess the moral of my posting is that BlackBerry is not alone with issues relating to software updates. Plus, there is always a learning curve associated with most things new, especially with a whole new and totally re-engineered platform such as BB10.

Patience is virtue; Cut BlackBerry some slack and lets cut down on the excessive whining and complaining.

PS: VARIETY IS A SPICE OF LIFE>>>>I am truly enjoying multi-platform I love my BlackBerry and I like Apple and devices too.
    drum, ibpluto and bluetroll like this.
    09-19-13 10:29 AM
    people on cb seem obsessed with Apple and iOS.

jus saying
    09-19-13 10:33 AM
    I guess the moral of my posting is that BlackBerry is not alone with issues relating to software updates.
    I don't recall reading any commenter seriously claim that BBRY was alone with issues relating to software updates. All software has issues. The end.
    09-19-13 10:38 AM
    Well, considering that many CrackBerry members have experience with more than one device, sharing information about situations on another lets folks know that not all is peaches and cream and bunnies on the other side of the wall.
    09-19-13 10:38 AM
    I just updated my iPad last night to iOS7. The update was smooth but I have been experiencing glitches on my iPad operation since last night. Also, like anything new, I have been grappling to learn how to use this new iOS7.

I guess the moral of my posting is that BlackBerry is not alone with issues relating to software updates. Plus, there is always a learning curve associated with most things new, especially with a whole new and totally re-engineered platform such as BB10.

Patience is virtue; Cut BlackBerry some slack and lets cut down on the excessive whining and complaining.

PS: VARIETY IS A SPICE OF LIFE>>>>I am truly enjoying multi-platform I love my BlackBerry and I like Apple and devices too.
    Which iPad do you have? When are you experiencing the orientation issues? This may be due to the age of the iPad, mine is two years old and used to occasionally hang for a second before rotating, haven't noticed it since the upgrade. Have you gone to iMore to seek assistance?

As far as a learning curve, that is not a glitch. That is simply learning a new OS.
    09-19-13 10:58 AM
    I'm not so sure how much are real glitches versus iOS 7 really taxing older hardware. I can definitely tell you that iOS 7 pushes my iPhone 4 to its limits. It runs smooth (some spots of hesitation here and there) overall, but I can definitely tell iOS 7 is the end of the road for pre 2012 hardware.

I'm sure Apple will release iOS 7.0.1 and 7.1 etc. smoothing things out further pretty soon. Right after a major OS release I can see Apple in a massive data and information gathering stage where they compile all the issues people point out. Companies can test hardware and software all they want in closed environments before public release, but we all know the most significant test phase is the first few months the product is in the hands of consumers.
    09-19-13 11:12 AM
    Thanks. Mine is about 2yrs old. Did you upgrade last night too? Yes I know its simply learning a new OS and honestly I have no issues with that. Also, I have had the same philosophy with adapting to the BB10 platform. I'm quite comfortable with the fact that BB10 is a young platform and needs time to mature, so I don't complain and whine.
    Ironically, I personally think that this whole learning process is very good for me. I have learnt a lot of technical things since the launch of the BB10 platform. Knowledge is power. I'm confident that the "bugs" will disappear gradually.

Which iPad do you have? When are you experiencing the orientation issues? This may be due to the age of the iPad, mine is two years old and used to occasionally hang for a second before rotating, haven't noticed it since the upgrade. Have you gone to iMore to seek assistance?

As far as a learning curve, that is not a glitch. That is simply learning a new OS.
    09-19-13 01:38 PM
    I'm not so sure how much are real glitches versus iOS 7 really taxing older hardware. I can definitely tell you that iOS 7 pushes my iPhone 4 to its limits. It runs smooth (some spots of hesitation here and there) overall, but I can definitely tell iOS 7 is the end of the road for pre 2012 hardware.

I'm sure Apple will release iOS 7.0.1 and 7.1 etc. smoothing things out further pretty soon. Right after a major OS release I can see Apple in a massive data and information gathering stage where they compile all the issues people point out. Companies can test hardware and software all they want in closed environments before public release, but we all know the most significant test phase is the first few months the product is in the hands of consumers.
    I totally agree.
    09-19-13 01:44 PM
    Forbes: iOS 7 bug lets anyone bypass the iPhone's lockscreen to hijack photos, email, Twitter http://www.forbes.com/sites/andygree..._medium=social LOL fail already

CB10 - Z10 -10.2.0.1725
    09-19-13 02:11 PM

There is such a huge difference in the way People talk about BlackBerry VS different vendors. If this was BlackBerry People would be all over them, talking about what a failure they are etcetra... But this is not BlackBerry this is Apple and so it is all alright....

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 02:27 PM
    Thanks. Mine is about 2yrs old. Did you upgrade last night too? Yes I know its simply learning a new OS and honestly I have no issues with that. Also, I have had the same philosophy with adapting to the BB10 platform. I'm quite comfortable with the fact that BB10 is a young platform and needs time to mature, so I don't complain and whine.
    Ironically, I personally think that this whole learning process is very good for me. I have learnt a lot of technical things since the launch of the BB10 platform. Knowledge is power. I'm confident that the "bugs" will disappear gradually.

Yes, I upgraded my iPhone first and that went from 1:30 to 2:02 from beginning to end, including the times when I couldn't hit the server. My iPad downloaded the software at around 4:30 but didn't verify it until around 5ish. So by 5:30 I was finished with both. The actual updates on both lasted just under half an hour.

My iPad is the iPad 3, so it's around two years old.

Learning is an adventure. You can either accept it and have fun with it like you are doing or you can complain and moan and become a drama queen like some do.
    wincyUt likes this.
    09-19-13 02:45 PM
    Forbes: iOS 7 bug lets anyone bypass the iPhone's lockscreen to hijack photos, email, Twitter iOS 7 Bug Lets Anyone Bypass iPhone's Lockscreen To Hijack Photos, Email, Or Twitter - Forbes LOL fail already

CB10 - Z10 -10.2.0.1725
    Easily remedied by disabling control center access on the lock screen. It takes a couple of seconds of effort.

09-19-13 02:48 PM
    This is a huge fail this shouldn't happen in the first place..

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 02:50 PM
    This is a huge fail this shouldn't happen in the first place..

Posted via CB10
    those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones........Z10 reboots on vzw.
    Deanig_12 likes this.
    09-19-13 04:09 PM
    Easily remedied by disabling control center access on the lock screen. It takes a couple of seconds of effort.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/20/ypajyba9.jpg
    Off topic.........but can anyone see how much better this screenshot looks without a black background? please BlackBerry give me an option!!! I don't like the black themes!!!!! And I don't care about the battery!!! It's my battery!!!! My charger goes with me everywhere anyway!!!!!!!!

Posted via the Super BlackBerry Z10
    09-19-13 04:45 PM
    those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones........Z10 reboots on vzw.
    Not only that....can you say Dingleberry???? From a company whose number one selling feature is security??????

Sent from my iPhone 5 on iOS7 using Tapatalk
    09-19-13 04:46 PM
    Not only that....can you say Dingleberry???? From a company whose number one selling feature is security??????

Dingleberry has been resolved along time ago. More importantly device security wasn't compromised when you dingleberried your Playbook you Just had root permission.

The problem that IOS7 faces right now is a whole other order of magnitude, here, device security is actually compromised when you are able to simply use a password protected device simply by bypassing the protection.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 01:25 AM
    Wanna know the Apple difference? Bugs like these are patched in days...

I haven't done the update to iOS7 yet, will tackle that today.

PS: There are always reports of glitches and bugs with each succeeding iOS updates, usually in a small subset of users. This isn't anything new...and they are reported in the media.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 02:47 AM
    Dingleberry has been resolved along time ago. More importantly device security wasn't compromised when you dingleberried your Playbook you Just had root permission.

The problem that IOS7 faces right now is a whole other order of magnitude, here, device security is actually compromised when you are able to simply use a password protected device simply by bypassing the protection.

Posted via CB10
    Of course it was patched after the fact.

My point is that BlackBerry makes a great deal of effort in security. Yet its very first QNX device launched with a vulnerability.

This issue is easily solved by disabling Siri and lock screen access. And Apple will release a fix much more quickly than BlackBerry responded to Dingleberry.

Again, no drama. Unless someone wishes to look for it.

09-20-13 09:03 AM
    Maybe some conscientious security minded Blackberry enthusiast should go up and down the Apple lines formed around the world and inform the Apple fans, and show them the Z10..

Best marketing. Captive audience.

Best wishes
    09-20-13 09:26 AM
    Haha....nice wish. Maybe you should lead by example.

Maybe some conscientious security minded Blackberry enthusiast should go up and down the Apple lines formed around the world and inform the Apple fans, and show them the Z10..

Best marketing. Captive audience.

Best wishes
    09-20-13 10:08 AM