I'm surprised that so far we have heard really very very little about the next iPhone. Can we be positive that there even will be a new iPhone this summer? It would be breaking Apple tradition of every year upgrading their devices but at the same time Apple could still sit on the iPhone 3Gs for another year.

Also, I'm guessing the the iPhone won't see life on Verizon until LTE is fully rolled out but anyone know if the chances are good that we will see one before LTE rollout?

Other than that, what you guys think the obvious upgrades will be? I'm gonna say that a new OS (probably multitasking capable), higher resolution screen or two sure things.
    03-13-10 09:22 PM
    You shouldn't be that surprised. Apple news usually isn't leaked and we don't find out until they are ready for people to know about it. It's not like blackberries where someone somewhere got a picture of an upcoming device. Also Apple doesn't usually say anything about the iPhone until WWDC which is usually in June. So if anything, we won't hear anything about a new iPhone until then with release shortly afterwards.
    03-13-10 10:28 PM
    You shouldn't be that surprised. Apple news usually isn't leaked and we don't find out until they are ready for people to know about it. It's not like blackberries where someone somewhere got a picture of an upcoming device. Also Apple doesn't usually say anything about the iPhone until WWDC which is usually in June. So if anything, we won't hear anything about a new iPhone until then with release shortly afterwards.
    Well if memory serves me well the first iPhone was revealed in January and then released in June/July. I guess the 3G and 3Gs were revealed in June and then release a few weeks later.

But yeah I definitely remember the original iPhone was revealed like 6 months before its release.

Also you bring up an interesting point about leaks. Is it Apple is just more secure with their info or does RIM is some way want bits and pieces to leak to keep people interested?
    03-13-10 11:55 PM
    Well if memory serves me well the first iPhone was revealed in January and then released in June/July. I guess the 3G and 3Gs were revealed in June and then release a few weeks later.

But yeah I definitely remember the original iPhone was revealed like 6 months before its release.

Also you bring up an interesting point about leaks. Is it Apple is just more secure with their info or does RIM is some way want bits and pieces to leak to keep people interested?
    Both.

Remember this? Foxconn employee commits suicide over missing iPhone prototype | Edible Apple
    03-14-10 12:14 AM

Yes I agree about the first iPhone but that was first one and they hadto build anticipation. But for the next 2 models WWDC is usually the announcement.

And also Apple passes stuff through the FCC simultaneously with when their product becomes ready for sale which stops a lot of leaks and we generally don't know too much about their products until they tell us.
    Last edited by scorpiodsu; 03-14-10 at 12:29 PM.
    03-14-10 09:40 AM
    Now if we could only get the fanboys to follow suit we would really have something

"What a wonderful world it would be!"
    03-14-10 09:49 AM
    I supposed the newer version will include a better camera, perhaps a front facing cam as well and higher screen resolution. doubt that there might be multi-taking capabilities cause even the iPad doesn't have those.

Here in Singapore, we don't call them fanboys, we call them iWhore
    03-14-10 11:10 AM
    I think that the next iPhone will have a higher resolution, release with OS 4 which will probably allow users to customize their home screen and organize apps. I expect a better camera, support for Wifi N, and better battery life as well. All of the givens such as a faster processor and more memory capacity should be there as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-14-10 12:25 PM
    Now if we could only get the fanboys to follow suit we would really have something

"What a wonderful world it would be!"
    The difference between a Nokia fanboy and an iPhone is fanboy is that the iPhone fanboy actually uses a phone that's not crappy
    03-14-10 12:31 PM
    The difference between a Nokia fanboy and an iPhone is fanboy is that the iPhone fanboy actually uses a phone that's not crappy
    Nah, the only difference between apple fanboys and any others is that the apple ones are much louder, which gathers them a lot more flak.
    03-14-10 12:57 PM
    Nah, the only difference between apple fanboys and any others is that the apple ones are much louder, which gathers them a lot more flak.
    Yeah and it's a bunch of blackberry fanboys who are just as bad. But if you're a blackberry user, you're more likely to ignore that and think that everyone that owns something different is a fanboy. Just like the other guys were arguing on the iPad thread about people just buying the iPad because it's made by apple but ignore the fact that people just buy blackberries because it's RIM. Whatever RIM puts out, a bunch of people will buy it because RIM made. And see, I have no issue with that and I don't get the problem with that. For most people it's about brand loyalty. Just like some people will never own any other car but a Honda because of their experiences, its the same here. People wouldn't buy the products if it didn't work for them. How many people bought the Nexus One, a phone that you couldn't test but a bunch of people got them because Google makes it. It's the way of consumers.

Having said that, I'm tired of all the talk. I really don't care what anyone uses. If someone asks me I will get them my opinion based on my experiences and not other users. All that fanboy talk is so old and immature it's sickening. I guess I'm a Sony fanboy as I have 3 Sony flat screens, dvd player, home theater and playstation 3. Never mind the fact that I just like their products and they work. I got the products because of my fanboism. No other reason at all.

Don't people have anything better to do? Seriously!?
    03-14-10 02:32 PM
    Yeah and it's a bunch of blackberry fanboys who are just as bad. But if you're a blackberry user, you're more likely to ignore that and think that everyone that owns something different is a fanboy. Just like the other guys were arguing on the iPad thread about people just buying the iPad because it's made by apple but ignore the fact that people just buy blackberries because it's RIM. Whatever RIM puts out, a bunch of people will buy it because RIM made. And see, I have no issue with that and I don't get the problem with that. For most people it's about brand loyalty. Just like some people will never own any other car but a Honda because of their experiences, its the same here. People wouldn't buy the products if it didn't work for them. How many people bought the Nexus One, a phone that you couldn't test but a bunch of people got them because Google makes it. It's the way of consumers.

Having said that, I'm tired of all the talk. I really don't care what anyone uses. If someone asks me I will get them my opinion based on my experiences and not other users. All that fanboy talk is so old and immature it's sickening. I guess I'm a Sony fanboy as I have 3 Sony flat screens, dvd player, home theater and playstation 3. Never mind the fact that I just like their products and they work. I got the products because of my fanboism. No other reason at all.

Don't people have anything better to do? Seriously!?
    I was going to write a witty response, but I realized that you were trying to disagree with me, but actually ended up reinforcing my point. Fanboys defend their decisions and their peer's decisions regardless of the logic presented in opposition.

I'm not condemning people's decisions, just using logic to balance out the argument a bit.

Back to the original topic of this post, is anyone sure whether or not the next iPhone will come with OS4? I think it's much more likely that it will come with a version of OS3.2 similar to what is on the iPad.
    03-14-10 03:39 PM
    A fanboy is a fanboy, there is nothing more to it than that.
    03-14-10 04:24 PM
    I was going to write a witty response, but I realized that you were trying to disagree with me, but actually ended up reinforcing my point. Fanboys defend their decisions and their peer's decisions regardless of the logic presented in opposition.

I'm not condemning people's decisions, just using logic to balance out the argument a bit.

Back to the original topic of this post, is anyone sure whether or not the next iPhone will come with OS4? I think it's much more likely that it will come with a version of OS3.2 similar to what is on the iPad.
    It's actually more likely for it to come out with OS 4.0 and features that only the new iPhone can use. Just like Apple did with the 3GS.
    03-14-10 07:21 PM
    Is there a list of features that one can be relatively certain to see in the 4G?
    03-14-10 07:45 PM
    Is there a list of features that one can be relatively certain to see in the 4G?
    Nothing confirmed that I'm aware of, but there are several rumours including a few more apps capable of multitasking (similar to the way itunes does), system wide multitouch and some UI improvements. In all honesty, everything is rumours until Apple says otherwise.

Apple iPhone OS 4.0 features detailed! Also, Apple calling tablet the iTablet? � Boy Genius Report
    03-14-10 08:45 PM
    Great! Thank you....I'll read that!
    03-15-10 05:58 AM
    I really like how apple makes its products available within a week or a couple weeks after they are annouced. I have been following the rumored 9650 for my mother since around Nov and it haven't even been announced yet. People kept saying January and it's almost april and nothing.
    03-15-10 07:33 AM
    I really like how apple makes its products available within a week or a couple weeks after they are annouced. I have been following the rumored 9650 for my mother since around Nov and it haven't even been announced yet. People kept saying January and it's almost april and nothing.
    Hence the fact that it hasn't been announced yet...it was leaked, that has nothing to do with its release.
    03-15-10 10:38 AM
    Hence the fact that it hasn't been announced yet...it was leaked, that has nothing to do with its release.
    oh sure but i haven't seen iphone 4gen pictures that are pretty much the device itself for release and been waiting for over 4 months for a official annoucement/release.
    03-15-10 01:49 PM
    oh sure but i haven't seen iphone 4gen pictures that are pretty much the device itself for release and been waiting for over 4 months for a official annoucement/release.
    That's because all Apple prototypes are all safely kept under lock and key in Steve Jobs' bedroom.
    03-15-10 04:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD