Now for my on topic post . I really don't believe that anything will happen with this. We will probably never even hear about it. There's so many patents that pretty much everyone is taking from everyone. Usually most of these company's have worked out deals with each other and there's never any lawsuits.
    I believe there's 2 reasons why a company would end up doing this. They are ether beat and broke and this is a way for them to make some more money. Or it's to slow down the other companies progress.
    In any case I don't think this will even make it to court.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by TheBBman; 04-01-10 at 12:05 AM.
    03-31-10 11:27 PM
    PARC was a division of XEROX, and you can spin it how you like. When Apple sued MS, PARC sued Apple but it was thrown out over a statute of limitations. Not that the case had no merits, but that they took too long to file it.

I agree about companies stealing and also about many patents being ambiguous, at best. But if you look at the Apple sues HTC thread posted above, you'll see some of the same posters from this thread with a completely different stance, based on where Apple sits in the litigation. My comments were basically lifted from that thread.

RIM gets sued over patents = GUILTY
    HTC gets sued over patents = GUILTY
    Apple gets sued over patents = Everybody does it, suit probably has no merit, RIM hasn't innovated
    I get what your saying, and I am not trying to spin anything. I was just stating my understanding of the situation. I never said that Apple was not guilty of anything, just thought it was really stupid of you to try and say that they have not innovated at all. Apple been innovating to the extent that Windows 7 was built to look and preform very much like Apple OS X. Again I think you make some valid points and I think it is stupid that Apple sued HTC, like they were the only one's who thought of mutitouch devices.
    04-01-10 01:52 AM
    Yeah, that's why I added the little smiley guy at the end, it was just a little ribbing...

Didn't realize some would take it as blasphemy.
    04-01-10 10:28 AM
    Yeah, that's why I added the little smiley guy at the end, it was just a little ribbing...

Didn't realize some would take it as blasphemy.
    Oh okay, just saw that. Sorry I was not trying to flame you or anything. Like I said you make some very good points.
    04-01-10 02:05 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD