Saw this thread in another forum and thought I'd ask the question here.
    Personally, I don't like to spend a lot of money on any computer/laptop. But I
    gotta say since using an iPhone a long time ago, it's given me the urge to buy
    a Mac. Just haven't gotten around to it because I simply don't want to plunk
    down the money for one.

What about the rest of you?
    08-22-10 03:17 PM
    I had a Mac when I got the original iPhone. That one lasted us quite a few years until it had a logic board meltdown. We then purchased a Mac Mini to replace it. We just got our iPhone4's last week, but I can see how having an iPhone would peak curiousity into getting a Mac.

I personally love mine, and cannot see myself ever going back to using a PC as a main computer at home. I do have a Toshiba laptop that I occasionally use, but it will never be my main computer.
    08-22-10 03:28 PM
    It's peaked mine never owning a Mac before if it wasnt for the high cost. I know you get some better sync and integration with a Mac (like with iphoto for places and faces, etc).
    08-22-10 03:49 PM
    I HAVE to use Windows for work. If not for that, I would've gone Mac a long time ago.
    08-22-10 03:54 PM
    I have both. Mac at the office and pc at home. The iPhone never gave me the urge to get a Mac nor do I really care for them. They both do the same I my eyes only difference is the price tag
    08-22-10 04:22 PM
    I was the opposite, owning a Mac made me want to own an iphone.

I tried every iphone but disliked them until now. The battery & multitasking issues have been resolved.

I Doubt I'll ever go PC again.
    I may go BB again tho if one calls my name...
    08-22-10 08:09 PM
    No. I'm strictly a Windows guy. Before getting my awesome iPhone, I've never owned any Apple products. As a matter of fact, I just bought a new Windows laptop last Friday.
    08-22-10 08:21 PM
    Hello,

Owning 2 MBPs and an iPad made me buy an iPhone. The iPhone was icing on the cake. I have to use Windows at work but use Macs at home. AFAIK, computers that cost $1000+, Apple owns 90% of the market.

Macs boot fast, there is no registry to correct, low maintenance, no virus and spyware scans, monthly OS updates, no headaches. I spent too much time maintaining Windows instead of using it. And, I can use Windows on a Mac via Bootcamp and VMware Fusion.

The key is the user experience. I will pay for a good user experience. And Windows is not it.
    08-22-10 08:44 PM
    No. Not at all.
    08-22-10 08:50 PM
    I have a mac and it never made me want an iphone. Infact I have most apple products and the last thing I want is an iphone for some reason
    08-22-10 08:58 PM
    I am exactly the same way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-10 09:07 PM
    I was the opposite, owning a Mac made me want to own an iphone.

I tried every iphone but disliked them until now. The battery & multitasking issues have been resolved.

I Doubt I'll ever go PC again.
    I may go BB again tho if one calls my name...
    Same here. I've wanted an iphone since the 2g but I knew it was best to wait. Now I will be buying a iphone4 early next month.
    08-22-10 11:01 PM
    Having owned both (Mac and PC), Mac all the way. I've had a Toshiba laptop PC and nothing but problems. My Mac Mini is so rock solid, it just WORKS without issues. It plays with my iPhone 4 much better than Microcrap Vista ever did.

Just got a TrackPad and man this thing rocks!
    08-23-10 12:12 AM
    I bought my iMac 6 month before my iPhone.
    08-23-10 06:50 AM
    Interesting thread. I just got my iPhone 4 (my first ever apple product)... now I am thinking about getting a MacBook Pro as well. I will probably wait till the next model comes out. It gives me a cooling-off period to think about this big purchase as well.
    08-23-10 09:11 AM
    I do think Apple products are contagious. When you have a good experience with one you want to buy more. And this is what Apple has built it's company one. Given a great user experience to build a loyal customer base.

I was intrigued with Macs back in 2004-05 when my college roommate had the white macbook. I only knew macs from the mid to late 90s and I didn't really know how far they came because I was a PC guy. So me and my roommate was discussing it one day and he was telling me how easy it was to use and how it never runs slow, doesn't freeze etc.... Of course I didn't really pay it any mind until I had to use his computer for something. After using it a couple times I was like "man, I gotta get me one of these". Well they were too expensive for me as a college student so I had to wait.

Well a couple years later, I had money to buy one and this is when the first generation iPod touch came out too. So when I bought the macbook, they gave the iPod touch free with it. At this time I am using a blackberry. So i'm 100% happy with my computer and now I have this iPod touch that I can do things with that I couldn't do with my blackberry. So I said to myself "Well if an iPod touch is this fun, how much easier would it be to have an iPhone to have everything in one package". Needless to say, I went out and bought an iPhone, sold the touch and been good with Apple products since then. And my experience with the iPods (I've always had them), iPhones, Macs caused me to get an iPad and that has become useful to me as well.

I think with any company, if they make something that you have had a great experience with, you are more likely to buy other products from them. So right now, I have an aluminum macbook that came out in 2008 (I got it last year), iPhone 4 and iPad. I'll be looking to upgrade my macbook next year and of course the next gen iPhone. Not sure about the iPad. Depends on what it offers.
    08-23-10 09:54 AM
    Just got my iPhone 4. I've been thinking about getting a MAC since before getting it though. PC's are just always so prone to viruses and problems. As soon as my last PC croaks (any day now hopefully...) I'm switching!
    08-23-10 10:20 AM
    I originally loved my BlackBerry, and really never minded touting my iPod Classic everywhere I went.

I saw my friends with their 4gb and 8gb iPhones leaving behind their iPods and BlackBerrys, which made me a little jealous.
    (Especially during gym time.)

But I refused to get a device to replace my iPod that only had 4/8gb.

I finally sprung for an iPhone when they secretly launched the 16gb model in 2007, and it was then that I realized how stupid ******** iTunes was on my Windoze computer.

Finally I caved in and got a MacBookPro, it took me a little bit to reverse engineer my brain to accept the absence of the Right click, but I survived.

Since then, I've purchased an AppleTV for my room, and a Time Capsule.

You'll find that the only thing better than using an Apple product, is using it with other Apple products.

It's weird, that after 2007 I have built a mini apple ecosystem of sorts in my room, but everything is in sync, looks hawt, and just works.

And that's what matters to me most.

iTunes on a Mac is 1,000x better than on a Windoze computer.

iPhone on a Mac is 1,000x better than on a Windoze computer.
    Last edited by xxxxpradaxxxx; 08-23-10 at 10:57 AM.
    08-23-10 10:51 AM
    Although I've been using an iPhone pretty much since the 3GS, I never really used
    it as my iPod. I had my music and everything loaded, but would still use my classic
    in my truck or at the gym. I'm just getting around to using it as my regular iPod now.

Hopefully using my Windows Vista laptop doesn't sicken me enough to spend money
    on a Mac. But man those Macs are f'ng fast!
    08-23-10 11:36 AM
    Does using an iPhone give you the urge to buy a Mac?
    No, Never.

08-23-10 11:43 AM
    I was already a mac user, but I could see how using an iPhone or iPod Touch could make someone want to use a mac. You right away that Apple puts the user experience very high on the list.
    08-24-10 01:18 AM
    Had a macbook pro but then it crashed. Bought a windows vista laptop soon after and haven't looked back. Haven't had any issues with my laptop. A lot of software isn't compatible with macs which make macs expensive garbage imo.
    08-24-10 01:53 AM
    I had a MacBook before I had an iPhone. I then owned a 3GS and bought a MacBook Pro almost a year later. I can't see myself buying a Windows machine anytime soon. Maybe a cheap one in the future just to have. I like the performance of my Mac much better. The MacBook Pro is the best laptop I have ever used/owned, besides my MacBook.
    08-24-10 06:19 AM
    I've had the i Phone 3g and it has given me the urge to get a mac..I ended up getting a mac mini..I upgraded to the blackberry torch 9800 and that's how I ended up with this forum on my browser pretty cool and I don't regret I was getting tired of the i Phone anyways

But yes it will give the people an urge to get one since when you first get an i Phone you're going to be fascinated by how it works and you wonder how it would be with a mac which to be honest is one of the best computers I ever had to date..

I don't know about anyone else but this definitely happened to me

08-24-10 10:00 AM
    The iMac with the 21.5 inch screen will be my Xmas present to myself. Awesome, fast, fabulous machine. Sorry I waited so long. I'm sick of the PC.
    08-24-10 03:57 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD