Hi everyone

First, sorry for my english I'm French ^^

My old Bold 9780 doesn't work anymore so I just bought an iPhone 4 running iOS6 to keep me waiting until BB10 N-Series' launching. Now, I'm wondering if iOS is as secure enough for business as a BIS-connected BlackBerry.

With my BlackBerry, I was used to save my very important passwords with the native password keeper app wich is very efficient, I talk about business on BBM and talking about sensitive information like bank accounts, money transfers... Unfortunately many of my business mates have switched to iPhones (since the last year massive BB outage) so BBM is becoming less important for me.

So, does anyone could tell me if it is secure to talk about business in emails with iPhone (because there isn't a BBM like), to keep my passwords saved on a app like PassSecretPlus, etc... ?

Many executives have iPhones but it's not an argument for me, they often pressure their corporation to have this smartphone whereas IT managers prefer BBs. For me, smartphones' security is very important for business.

Thank you very much

PS : Please don't advise me the Bold 9900, I have had three this year so I hate this unreliable device (crashs, low radio signal, battery...).
    10-06-12 08:12 AM
    Blackberry is WAY more secure but for the holdout until BB10 I guess the iphone will do. Just make sure you use those secure apps you used before, they should help.
    10-06-12 08:33 AM
    iPhone's security is pretty good. You can read the following article about it and decide for yourself.

iPhone Security Unbreakable? Security Gurus Disagree - Smb - Security
    10-06-12 01:53 PM
    Thank you for the answers.

I have read the article and it shows that the iPhone's security is adequate, so I will keep it until BB10, even if I miss a lot my qwerty keyboard...

Thanks
    10-08-12 05:21 AM
    what is the difference between an iphone and blackberry?
    10-08-12 07:52 AM
    well,I think there is a lot difference,first,the iPhone was mainly developed for Entertainment – Multimedia,to give you excellent video, music and image handling entertainment. There is just a single point that Blackberry stands ahead and that is the quality of its camera nevertheless in respect of multimedia abilities iPhone is considered better one.
    10-29-12 07:46 AM
    One has millions more users.
    olliegrl likes this.
    10-29-12 07:57 AM
    The iphone camera works when you need it to, and the iphone plays back videos it created without giving you an "unsupported format" error. Those are just two examples :-)

There is just a single point that Blackberry stands ahead and that is the quality of its camera nevertheless in respect of multimedia abilities iPhone is considered better one.
    The camera on the 9930 sucks!
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 11-01-12 at 12:05 PM.
    GingerSnapsBack likes this.
    11-01-12 09:31 AM
    There is just a single point that Blackberry stands ahead and that is the quality of its camera .
    Is this for real? Or sarcasm?
    11-01-12 10:40 AM
    It's got to be a joke...there's no way anyone really believes that nonsense.

look at that poster's join date, that says it all...lmao
    11-01-12 12:06 PM
    You beat me to it.
    11-06-12 09:49 AM
    You beat me to it.
    Still have that 9550???? I'm sure mine is in a landfill by now....at least I hope it is!
    11-06-12 01:39 PM
    LOL. Maybe an autocorrect mishap?
    11-06-12 01:50 PM
    Still have that 9550???? I'm sure mine is in a landfill by now....at least I hope it is!
    I use it as a mass storage device at work. IS has the right to take my work computer without notice and wipe the drive or just take it because they're bored. I've got a lot of stuff I don't want to lose so it's on the Storm's memory card.
    11-07-12 11:35 AM