does everyone here have a pin lock on their iphone. I don't and have never locked my phones, however I just had someone at work have their iphone stolen from their desk, they fortunately had their phone locked, went on lunch and then the phone reappeared on his desk with a note that said sorry.

I am thinking of maybe doing this but it seems like so much of an extra step just to access my phone. Just swiping to start the phone was an adjustment, I couldn't imagine this.

What are your takes on it? Is it worth the step? Or should i be ok as long as the find my phone is on?
    Last edited by candy84; 12-09-11 at 02:16 PM.
    12-09-11 02:14 PM
    I think it's worth it. You have a better chance of finding it through Find my iPhone and reporting it to the police if it's stolen. Honestly, it takes < 2 seconds to type it in.
    12-09-11 02:26 PM
    Candy if someone grabs your phone Find My Phone is of little use if you don't have it locked.

Also find my phone is great but it wont tell you your phone is on the next floor two cubes over.

absolutely and for a little extra security:

How To Create An Alphanumerical Passcode On Your iOS Device [iOS Tip] | Cult of Mac
    Last edited by Accidental Post; 12-09-11 at 02:30 PM.
    12-09-11 02:28 PM
    I have to say in all the years of having blackberries and now my iPhone, I've never used a pin to unlock my ph. I have to say it's always attched to my body in someway.
    12-09-11 04:04 PM
    How r u attaching the iPhone to urself now

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    12-09-11 05:36 PM
    How r u attaching the iPhone to urself now

Lol, it's either in my hand or in my front pocket(jeans, running suit, yoga pants etc)
    12-09-11 06:15 PM
    My phone is never out of sight, so I have no need to lock it. The only thing I do have locked is my password keeper.
    12-09-11 07:16 PM
    Yes. Too many embarrassing texts I do banking etc. on my phone and it was also a requirement at my last company if you wanted to access company email. I also went to a stronger passcode from the 4-number one.
    12-09-11 08:25 PM
    My phone is never out of sight, so I have no need to lock it. The only thing I do have locked is my password keeper.
    Same here. I have the "keeper" app on my phone and that has a pin.
    12-09-11 08:42 PM
    For the longest I didn't lock my phone. Then I experienced a situation where it would have be really awesome if my phone had been locked. Ever since then I have locked my phone. At first adjusting was a little weird. But now as I sit here and type this to you I feel as if I couldn't fathom approaching any of my own personal devices any other way.
    12-09-11 10:25 PM
    Mine locks after 5 minutes. My reasoning is that my phone is basically always on me and if I'm using it a lot I won't have to unlock it, but if I'm not using it there's a better chance I'm away from it -- although still probably not -- but just in case. I've had a lot of personal stuff on here; over 1,000 picture/videos, ongoing chats, Facebook, etc.
    12-10-11 03:15 AM
    Mine is set to lock after 15 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone4s using Tapatalk
    12-10-11 08:48 AM
    I used to think that until a criminal literally put a gun in my face and took my bb. Speaking of which his trial is Tuesday.

12-10-11 08:50 AM
    i cant believe you guys dont lock your phones. have you seen the prices of iphones on ebay craiglist. for the last 7 years of me owning a smartphone they have all had a lock code. my blackberrys...my ipad...my playbook...my iphone. it only takes 1 second to unlock and its only 4 codes.
    12-10-11 09:08 AM
    I used to think that until a criminal literally put a gun in my face and took my bb. Speaking of which his trial is Tuesday.

omg !!
    i cant believe you guys dont lock your phones. have you seen the prices of iphones on ebay craiglist. for the last 7 years of me owning a smartphone they have all had a lock code. my blackberrys...my ipad...my playbook...my iphone. it only takes 1 second to unlock and its only 4 codes.
    guilty. This is one thing that I just never advnced in as far as owning any type of smartphone. I always said, yeah one of these days I'll do it, but just never do.

With that being said, also my reasoning is, when I'm home my phone stays either on the kitchen counter or in my handbag. AND if my ph goes off and I need one of my kids to check it, I don't feel like having to go through telling them the pw every time, because I wouldn't expect them to have to rem it.
    12-10-11 09:14 AM
    I've never had a lock on any of my phones, although my son keeps telling me to do it. He says that if you use a 5 digit code, as opposed to the standard 4 digit code, it makes a world of difference. Just as iPinkk, my phone is usually attached to me in some way.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    12-10-11 09:44 AM
    Well after reading all the comments I have officially locked my phone

pakosaur likes this.
    12-10-11 12:19 PM
    Well after reading all the comments I have officially locked my phone

Good. My phone is on me all the time but always locked. I have auto lock after 1 min. Im used to it already. Good job candy

12-10-11 12:34 PM
    I do because we often pass each other's phones around at work to demonstrate something to a customer. I trust my coworkers but still...
    12-10-11 01:39 PM
    reeneebob hows that silver back holding up mine arrived today but I think my wife wants to make it a Christmas present so it sit's on the counter still packaged......
    12-10-11 02:18 PM
    SJ I posted links in the other thread of your badges
    Last edited by Accidental Post; 12-10-11 at 03:04 PM.
    12-10-11 02:21 PM
    SJ I posted links in the other three of your badges
    where?....
    12-10-11 02:48 PM
    I've password protected my phones since my Palm Treos.
    12-10-11 04:37 PM
    reeneebob hows that silver back holding up mine arrived today but I think my wife wants to make it a Christmas present so it sit's on the counter still packaged......
    It's doing well - although I do kinda miss my pretty white back.

I'm considering the see through one in white. The only thing I wish was on the silver backing is that the edging was white, not black. The see through has a white edge, so I'm toying with the idea.
    12-10-11 09:25 PM

In addition to my 4S, I also have a concealed weapons permit, and I use it to ward off such instances as you described.
    12-11-11 07:02 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD