I may or may not be using my dad's soon, so before I do do you like it? Yes or no, and why?
    09-28-08 02:44 PM
    yes, im an apple addict, always had my ipod touch so now i have both devices in one. Love my blackberry too tho. Gotta have em both.
    09-28-08 02:47 PM
    I meant he might be getting one soon since he dove into a pool w/ his curve in his pocket, as a replacement if it doesn't work. Of course, being me, he won't get to use it since i'll have my dirtly little hands on it
    09-28-08 02:55 PM
    I love my iPhone 3g. Your dad should try it out before he gets it to make sure he likes it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-08 03:42 PM
    okay... well it will be more like 2 days now, so I'll probably take him to AT&T tonight and make him try it.
    09-28-08 04:25 PM
    Update... Went to AT&T tonight and he's so-so on it. He will decide tomorrow, as he's not sure about the on screen keyboard

09-28-08 06:22 PM
    I love it... I also love my BB. I will list the reasons for the iPhone...

Text/SMS... Great threaded messaging, even better than the treo.

Email... This is what true HTML should be.

Voicemail... On my BB, I used to have the box full as most of the times I know who sent me a message and what they said. On the iPhone, usually under 3 or 4 as I am able to just delete right from the voicemail app. I also love the fact that I don't have to go in the order that they came in.

Browser... As this article proves, worlds ahead, just a bit closer now with the Bold's browser. I also love having tabbed browsing like Firefox/Safari.

MobileMe... 20 times better than what BIS offers. I take a pic, I upload it to my MobileMe account (20 gigs of storage) and delete. Contacts/Calendar push... forgot about it. I have a friend who is helping me look up appointments for apartments. She would just add it to my calendar on my MobileMe account and it's instantly on my iPhone while I travel with the address that I can hit and locate in the Maps application.

App store... Wow. Applications are just coming in left and right.

Games? Wow multiplied by 2. All touch and has great games.

Storage?... Not just 16GB of storage for media/files, but also for applications. I've already download over 25 apps and no slow downs what so ever. On my BB, I kept about three 3rd party apps due to precious space. (Opera Mini, Twitterberry & Telenav) Even after a while I took Telenav off.

iPod... Although I don't use this portion... for those who love watching movies or listening to music, this is awesome.

Tons more stuff, not enough time. Even after all of this, I'm not saying either device is better than the other, but for me, it's as perfect of a device as it's going to get. Once again, not perfect, but the most for my needs/wants.
    09-28-08 06:54 PM
    Love it. .
    09-28-08 06:57 PM
    I love my iphone, especially the browser and all the free games. Will try get the BB storm when it comes this year.
    09-28-08 06:59 PM
    I have a Bold, but I am getting the iPhone 3G as my second phone.
    09-28-08 07:18 PM
    i had the first iphone and did not like it that much so I bought a curve... now i have the iphone 3g and i must say that im enjoying it more this time around.
    I do miss my curve but im having a good time with my iphone.
    09-28-08 07:27 PM
    good! hope he decides to get it so I can steal it ill just cheat and use the wifi at my house for the internet bcause he won't let me change my data plan.
    09-28-08 07:34 PM
    I love the iphone 3G, lots of games and helpful,fun apps. I hate the battery life.
    Last edited by Teek; 09-30-08 at 10:33 PM.
    09-29-08 09:47 AM
    I'm not an apple person, at all...but I have to say I love this phone. If I didn't use the PIN system so much I would have cut off my blackberrry already. Just wish I didn't feel the need to carry around my usb cord all the time.
    09-29-08 01:28 PM
    great! found out yesterday that I won't have to change my data plan to get wireless surfing without wi-fi. yaay!!!!!
    09-29-08 04:34 PM
    Love Love Love my iPhone. Don't know how I lived without it. F'realz.
    09-30-08 12:07 PM
    okay thanks for your advice! it's on order so I'll be getting it soon. I'll post how I myself like it when I get it. thanks again!
    09-30-08 04:09 PM
    I just asked a friend of mine to pick up for me a factory unlocked iPhone 3g from Italy. Can't wait.
    09-30-08 04:52 PM
    good!!! me either.
    09-30-08 08:45 PM
    i've had mine for 3 days and was selling my blackberry 8830 world phone, today i finally decided NO WAY! The iphone is nice for the youtube feature and the web browser and WIFI, thats IT!

Can't text good with it
    can't control with one hand
    the email function is slow
    there is no warranty and it feels if it falls your screwed!

AT&T unlimited plan $175
    Sprint unlimited plan $120
    09-30-08 10:04 PM
    i've had mine for 3 days and was selling my blackberry 8830 world phone, today i finally decided NO WAY! The iphone is nice for the youtube feature and the web browser and WIFI, thats IT!

Can't text good with it

AT&T unlimited plan $175
    you know, sprint's unlimited is $99. and I can very easily operate it with one hand. I've read really good reviews about it. so okay, you are entitled to your opinion. Not sure why one wouldn't like it, especially after all these positives.
    09-30-08 10:25 PM

Can't text good with it

AT&T unlimited plan $175
    No warranty? There is a standard 1 year warranty. You can even purchase another year (AppleCare).

Your other points are purely subjective as I text better on the iPhone than I did with my Curve, easily could drive and text one handed (although I don't) and find the email to push great with Yahoo! and my Me account as well as beautiful HTML emails.
    09-30-08 10:34 PM
    No warranty? There is a standard 1 year warranty. You can even purchase another year (AppleCare).

Your other points are purely subjective as I text better on the iPhone than I did with my Curve, easily could drive and text one handed (although I don't) and find the email to push great with Yahoo! and my Me account as well as beautiful HTML emails.
    I agree... I'm not a hater.
    09-30-08 10:39 PM
    Yeah, what is not to like. This is an excellent phone.
    09-30-08 10:43 PM
    yaay! This post is off of the iPhone 3G! I love it! Thanks for the advice!

10-03-08 06:59 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD