Do you buy Apple cos it's 'cool'?
02-10-13 09:24 AM
- Good article on people buying things as they're deemed 'cool'
Do you buy Apple and fly Virgin because you think they're 'cool'? Grow up, for God's sake – Telegraph Blogs
BlackBerries are pretty cool if you ask me09-25-12 10:47 AM
- It's a given that in today's culture a lot of consumer behaviors are guided by what's "cool". It applies to clothing, tech, cars, homes, etc.
For me personally, before I purchased my iPhone 4 (still currently my device) I was using a 1st generation Blackberry Storm. The Storm was "ok" at best, definitely left a lot to be desired. Once the iPhone hit Verizon I was pretty much set on it because I knew that the hardware and iOS simply worked and that I wouldn't have any problems.
And currently my iPhone is the only Apple product that I own.09-25-12 05:36 PM
- I bought a 64gb PlayBook on launch day. I liked it but I was underwhelmed. After a few weeks I decided to switch to an iPad 2 and see what the fuss was all about. I get it. I still have it. (I still have a32gb PlayBook as well, back up now though)
Fast forward to July 2012, I was given an iPhone 4. Thought I'd give it a shot. Still using it. Bold is gone. Having said that, I did not upgrade to the iPhone 5. I really hope BB10 is a hit. I want it to succeed. I want a viable reason to return to BlackBerry.
So Q1 2013, please come along so we can see what RIM is actually going to put in the hands of users.09-25-12 09:57 PM
- I don't buy apple because its too overpriced and even if they weren't overprice the fact that they're over hyped like something to be worshipped puts it right off the product. I don't see Apple making any products that can be taken seriously for productivity! BB and windows OS ftw!
Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk09-29-12 07:51 AM
- Ssssh...! Don't tell anybody because they may get sue or litigation happy but I beleive there is a secret Jimmy Hendrix Purple Haze 5 model. I think the screen saver has Jimmy's words rolling across.
"Purple haze all in my brain
lately things don't seem the same
Acting funny and I don't know why
excuse me while I kiss the sky"
iPhone 5 users report 'purple haze' camera News | TechRadar09-29-12 12:00 PM
- I have no doubt that there is a segment of the population that buys Apple products because they are 'cool'. What sucks is that there is a segment of users who have been Mac computer users since Mac's were anything but 'cool'. I have always used them for work (over 15 years now) because I like them for my work and they have performed fantastic for that. So to have to defend myself as an Apple user feels ridiculous.
Also, I can remember back when using a Blackberry was 'cool' and Blackberry users put down anyone not using one. A habit that continued until the iPhone exploded. That seems to be a bit of history that people like to forget on this forum.
Also, I love on this forum how it's ok to go into the iPhone or Android sections of the forum just to post an articles that insult the users... but if you went into one of the Blackberry sections and did the same thing, the thread would be likely locked lol.
Last edited by torndownunit; 09-30-12 at 04:58 AM.09-30-12 04:54 AM
- 09-30-12 09:11 AM
- 09-30-12 02:12 PM
- John YesterRetired SuperstarMy .02
I choose to buy what suits my needs - just as you choose to buy what suits yours. To pass judgment on my decisions is no different than passing judgment on someone else's choice of a car, religious beliefs, or food choices. It's asinine, and it proves nothing but your own intolerance.
I don't care what anybody else uses. I really don't. I'm secure enough with my own beliefs that I don't need others to believe the same thing I do to feel confident that I've made the best decision for how I choose to live my life.
Perhaps if more companies took a hard look at the quality of products they were producing instead of looking over their shoulder or seeing what their competitors were doing... we'd all have better products than what we have now.
That, and no company - nor any of its devices - nor any platform - is perfect. This should be obvious. We all make choices, and forcing other people to agree with our own choices is just............
Well you get my point10-01-12 09:24 AM
- I buy what I like, and I don't care what anyone has to say about that... My iPhone 5 IS COOL and extremely practical, just like all the other mobiles I've bought over the years, they've all had something cool about them otherwise I probably wouldn't have cared for it. If a product can grab my attention on coolness as well as perform its task...thats a win win. Plus 'cool' can be defined in so many ways...whats cool to me may not be cool to the next person.
If RIM releases a phone that impresses me just like how the iPhone has for the last couple of years, then who knows, I may switch back. But until said product is out there on the open market, I really couldn't care what RIM have cooking, because right now my needs are being met.10-12-12 05:01 AM
I always ask people this question. So far, no replies, except for the usual 'Skype' 'Netflix'.10-14-12 09:06 PM
- Tre LawrenceBetween Realities
My point is, Skype and Netflix are hurdles when it comes to returning to current RIM offerings.10-14-12 10:25 PM
My iPhone use is very photo/video centric. Creation and editing. While there are some photo editing apps for the blackberry the workflow is awful for me and I've yet to find a video editing app. The iPhone/ipad have an abundance available that are "desktop class" (sort of, but they're amazing for mobile apps).
Any device can communicate, the blackberry excels at that, but my needs have progressed beyond mere communication.
Examples of the apps I use for comparison sake.
Vyclone (multi camera). This app is actually fairly unknown but I'm able to set up 3 or more devices to shoot the same scene (time coded) and it'll even produce a rough cut for me.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk10-15-12 08:43 AM
- I had android phones and downloaded these "great 3rd party apps" that every android user claims makes android superior to apple along with the "open" OS. well i got a virus on nearly EVERY single 3rd party app, so what's the point? yes, i know you can set permissions, but i shouldn't have to set permissions to decide whether or not my phone is going to need a master reset.
I have apple cause i've always used apple products. my first computer ever was a mac and i've followed the apple progress from then. i have an iphone cause i know i can depend on it. it might not be the fanciest thing out there, but darn it, it works.
plus, like i said in another post, things like motion, NFC, and s voice on the GS3 (which is the last android i had) were gimmicky. I only knew one other person with a GS3 and she lives 20 minutes away. i'm not going to drive to her house just to send her a photo by touching phones. S voice never worked for me. aka: "call dad" "i didn't understand that". and the motion call never worked for me even after i triple checked that it was turned on.
again, apple might not have all these flashy new features, but if they don't work or really serve a purpose, what's the point of having them? I'm not trashing on android here. what you want is what you want. but i just found the OS not very dependable.11-01-12 08:43 AM
- BlackBerry OS Phone Forums
- More BlackBerry Phones
- Other Platforms
- Apple iPhone/iPad
Do you buy Apple cos it's 'cool'?
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD