This maybe a stupid question but do the apps have a thing where you can click to close them to make sure they are off and are not still running in the backround? When I have played around with the iPhone in stores all I noticed was the button at the bottom, however I am not sure if that closed the app or left it running while I did something else.
    09-12-10 03:21 PM
    Are you on OS4 or OS3? With OS3, you can only run one Application at a time. With OS4 some applicAtions will run in the background. To shut them, double click on the home button at the bottom and your running applications will be shown. Press on the first until a red cross comes up in the top left hand corner of the icon. Tap on this.and the icon will disappear. Do this for all the icons to shut everything down.
    Hope this helps.
    09-12-10 04:02 PM
    Except for streaming audio apps, there's really no reason to manually shut anything down.
    09-12-10 06:22 PM
    Except for streaming audio apps, there's really no reason to manually shut anything down.
    Unless of course, if you're OCD -like me
    09-12-10 07:30 PM
    I use "Remove Background" in SBSettings. It kills them all in one shot. I can't stand having things running in the background if I don't want them to.

You can also hold on one of the icons in the Multitask Dock and the red dots will appear to shut them down.
    09-13-10 02:59 AM
    Coming from an 8330 I'm conditioned to shutting down my apps. Took me a while to just "let go"
    09-22-10 07:00 AM
    Unless of course, if you're OCD -like me
    Me too!...and especially cause I still use a Berry too. I wanted to try SDS setting but I heard that there are some issue with 4.01 so I'm waiting.
    09-25-10 02:02 PM
    I'm new to the iphone and only had mine for a week now, coming from bb. Where do I fine the "Remove Background" at. I have the iphone 4. Thanks for your help.
    09-26-10 03:19 PM
    Remove Background is an app used with SBSettings. I'm not sure if you are Jailbroken, but if you're not, then it wont work for you. If you are, it can be found on Cydia.
    09-27-10 05:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD