Hello everyone! I have just switched to AT&T because I couldn't take it anymore and I had to have the new iPhone! I LOVE the phone, however I'm already starting to have "issues" with AT&T service, I'm having a few dropped calls and sometimes I cant get a call out. This while having service, even 3G. I see this option called "Data Roaming" on my phone and by default it is switched off, if I turn this on will in maybe decrease the amount of dropped calls I get? Also, if I go somewhere were there isnt 3G or even edge (Like if I were to go camping or something like that) do I need to turn it off to avoid having these huge phone bills that people sometimes get from roaming, or is that only if you leave it on and go out of the country?

Second question...is there some time of way to update the towers my phone uses, maybe I just need to do that...on Verizon it was *228 and then option two. Is there something like this for AT&T?
    Thanks everyone!!!!
    09-29-08 09:10 PM
    Ensure you d/l the new firmware 2.1. Also going into Settings --> General --> Network and switching '3g' to "off" can increase (usually does) reception.

You can call AT&T and have them send OTAs to your device. Also for AT&T, the short code is #002# and then hit send within the phone app.
    09-29-08 09:30 PM
    Ensure you d/l the new firmware 2.1. Also going into Settings --> General --> Network and switching '3g' to "off" can increase (usually does) reception.

You can call AT&T and have them send OTAs to your device. Also for AT&T, the short code is #002# and then hit send within the phone app.
    Thanks for your quick reply. I do have the 2.1 Firmware, I didnt know that switching 3G off can improve reception, I'll try that. This might make me look really dumb but what do you mean by "The short code is #002#"?
    09-29-08 09:54 PM
    Not even sure I used the correct terminology as I'm on meds right now feeling drowsy, but you can enter that code into your phone to have it reset your registration. Being that there are other ways, this is the shortest/quickest way to accomplish this and hence I called it a 'short code'

Also no question is dumb. Ask away. We are here for that.
    09-29-08 10:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD