Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Craigslist App With Alert Feature & GPS....

I buy and sell some specialty items and the feature where the app notifies me when something in my alert list was posted for sale is very helpful.
    I have just started playing with it, but it seems that it will only alert me if the GPS is turned on, which really drains the battery quick.
    Is this correct?
    CrackBerry Addict

I can't answer your question, but didn't know that app existed. Very nice, thank you! If no one else has the answer, I'll see what happens after I play with it. I'll have a business related post I need to put up on CL soon.
    Storm 1 → Curve 8330 → Tour → Bold 9650 → iPhone 4S
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Its so much nicer to search for items with this app vs on the computer because you can save searches for multiple cities instead of having to do it one by one.
    I just can't get it to send me alerts without it using the gps constantly.
    CrackBerry Addict

I don't see an option to set Alerts. Which developer's app are you using, and is it free or purchased version? I installed the freebie version to check it out, but see I also d/l the wrong one. I was going for Escargot Studios freebie based on high downloads and good reviews, but hit the next one down, YYH Creative by mistake. (Not enough coffee yet. ) . YYH Creative has no alerts in free version that I can see. I do see in Escargot Studios screenshots it appears they offer more features & use maps? Freebie from YYH does not. (Actually, YYH has a nice app, but alerts would be nice for sure.)

I'm trying Escargot freebie now. (And need to pay attention to what I select in the future. And also how to uninstall apps. Don't want to clutter this up. I have fears of freeze ups and spinning red wheels ala BB.)
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

I'm using CraigsPro+
    It was $2.99
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    636 Global Posts
    PIN
    :)

Quote Originally Posted by dloreski View Post
    I buy and sell some specialty items and the feature where the app notifies me when something in my alert list was posted for sale is very helpful.
    I have just started playing with it, but it seems that it will only alert me if the GPS is turned on, which really drains the battery quick.
    Is this correct?
    Honestly I'd imagine so, the premise being it needs to use your location to determine whats in the area.

Perhaps send the developer an email to either alter or provide a setting for location update? Essentially, only ping your current location say every hour or day or never (set manually), which would be helpful if you stay in the same area a lot.

iPhone 4S - 5.0.1
    BlackBerry Torch 9800 - 6.0.0.600
    BlackBerry Curve 8900 - 5.0.0.461
    BlackBerry PlayBook - 1.0.8.6067
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by dloreski View Post
    I'm using CraigsPro+
    It was $2.99
    I don't see one with that name for $2.99 (Don't know if you're aware, so don't be insulted. If you go to app store, and search for CL, it will show you what you've installed and you can get the developers name there.)

The two developers I mentioned above have "Pro" versions and they are .99 each.

Already hit something GPS related I don't care for in Escargot's freebie. I wanted to narrow search results by a specific town. There was a setting "Auto Locate Nearby Cities". Clicked on it to check it out, it asked if I wanted to use GPS location services. I selected No and was about to go back to prior screen and the app started searching for GPS location anyway. It's still sitting there trying to retrieve coordinates and won't stop. It's sapping my battery in front of my eyes. Don't know if it's still searching GPS because I have a setting blocking it or the app is bunged up. Regardless, I don't like GPS feature, don't need it, so this app is getting uninstalled (when I figure out how).

Unless I find a CL app that doesn't use GPS and does give alerts, I'm sticking with YYH Creative freebie for now.