My son dropped and cracked the glass screen on my 1st generation iPad. Does any one know how much it will cost to replace it?
    06-24-11 10:21 PM
    I'd say check with an Apple shop directly. Did you happen to buy the Apple Care protection?
    06-24-11 10:51 PM
    I was going to check with them, but I was wondering if anyone has had to go through this and how much it cost. I bought my iPad off of EBay used. It was three months old when I bought it.
    06-24-11 10:56 PM
    Take it to Apple and ask before you do anything. A friend of mine broke his while traveling and when he took it to the Apple store to check on cost they replaced it for free. They replaced one of our iPods that was out of warranty too, with a brand new iPod.

Not saying you'll get it fixed for sure, but worth a shot. Be.nice, explain what happened, and don't demand anything.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-11 12:59 AM
    Take it to Apple and ask before you do anything. A friend of mine broke his while traveling and when he took it to the Apple store to check on cost they replaced it for free. They replaced one of our iPods that was out of warranty too, with a brand new iPod.

Not saying you'll get it fixed for sure, but worth a shot. Be.nice, explain what happened, and don't demand anything.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thank you for responding!
    06-25-11 06:04 AM
    I went to the Apple store, and I spoke to a salesman, and he informed me that it would cost 250 on up because they can't fix the screen. They don't do that. What they would do is simply replace the whole unit. I didn't get to talk to a technician because they were so busy. They told me to come back.The iPad is under warranty till December 25, 2011, but that doesn't cover hardware damage. Also, the apple protection plan is not offered in Florida. I tried to buy one before I went to the store. Does anyone else know where I can get the screen replaced? The iPad works perfectly. The back is in perfect condition also.
    06-25-11 04:03 PM
    06-25-11 05:16 PM
    Thanks! They have a location near me that I can drive to.
    06-25-11 05:32 PM
    So I took a chance and spoke to a Tech Rep, and I got a new iPad for free! Apple rocks! They informed me that you have to buy the apple protection plan in an store in FL. You can not buy them online. The ihospital wanted 199 to replace the screen.
    06-27-11 06:46 PM
    Awesome...glad it worked out for you!
    06-28-11 02:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD