BB has this amazing e-mail service, so I started wondering could Apple replicate this? Are they trying to do this with the push notifications?
    09-14-08 08:09 PM
    BB has this amazing e-mail service, so I started wondering could Apple replicate this? Are they trying to do this with the push notifications?
    It's called Mobile Me. It's BIS on Acid...LOL much better than BB email service.
    09-14-08 08:55 PM
    Mobile Me is good, BIS on Acid? Was the acid what caused the rollout issues?
    09-14-08 09:05 PM
    Mobile Me is good, BIS on Acid? Was the acid what caused the rollout issues?
    Could have been
    09-14-08 09:07 PM
    I wish they would replicate it. I was so used to my pop mail coming to my BB.

I really wish we didn't have to use a mobile me account and have it check external mail for our mail.

I would like to be able to put in my e-mail address like I did with BIS and then it push the mail to my device.

I would also like an option to delete from server or handheld like it does on the BB.

Other then these few short comings I really like the iPhone.
    09-15-08 08:00 AM
    Eventually they will...but as of now, no. But its getting fixed as we speak though.
    09-15-08 06:38 PM
    I like the Email client the way it is as long as it works. There are ways around push.

Create a yahoo account and forward all mail there. Once you get it, you know you have mail waiting.

I use yahoo and me anyways, so I'm all good.

HTML email, the way it should be!
    09-15-08 08:04 PM
    I like the Email client the way it is as long as it works. There are ways around push.

Create a yahoo account and forward all mail there. Once you get it, you know you have mail waiting.

That's great and all, but really annoying to have to do that.

Some companies don't like for you to forward mail to another mailing provider.

If Apple can do push with Mobile me, what is stopping them from allowing me to put in my PoP account and have that be push mail too.
    09-16-08 07:11 AM

I already use Ymail, but sometimes it doesn't push as its suppose to. So what I did was this:

1) Created a Mail2Web account
    2) Forwarded everything to that
    3) Then I use one email address on my phone to send out e-mails (my YMail account).

Works great.
    09-16-08 09:16 AM
    That's great and all, but really annoying to have to do that.

Some companies don't like for you to forward mail to another mailing provider.

If Apple can do push with Mobile me, what is stopping them from allowing me to put in my PoP account and have that be push mail too.

This is true as I lost my company phone and wanted the mail forwarded to my Yahoo account with rules and it didn't allow, but if they aren't allowing you to forward, are they even allowing you to set it up on your iPhone?

Because they don't have enough support for that. They don't even have enough iPhone subscribers to see a benefit in doing this.
    09-16-08 09:29 AM
    I just forward my gmail account to my mobileme email and it works great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-08 09:38 AM
    I already use Ymail, but sometimes it doesn't push as its suppose to. So what I did was this:

1) Created a Mail2Web account
    2) Forwarded everything to that
    3) Then I use one email address on my phone to send out e-mails (my YMail account).

Works great.
    Have you upgraded to 2.1 and then erased and reinstalled the email account? I noticed push working perfectly on my device. The only thing I notice though is that the email comes in with 2-3 seconds, but the sound notification comes 5-10 seconds after.
    09-16-08 10:55 AM
    Have you upgraded to 2.1 and then erased and reinstalled the email account? I noticed push working perfectly on my device. The only thing I notice though is that the email comes in with 2-3 seconds, but the sound notification comes 5-10 seconds after.
    yeah I actually did this....twice...and still having issues. The Mail2Web though is blazing fast. I tested it with my Mac and with the phone being on 3G and Edge. Each time in came in real quick.
    09-16-08 12:26 PM
    yeah I actually did this....twice...and still having issues. The Mail2Web though is blazing fast. I tested it with my Mac and with the phone being on 3G and Edge. Each time in came in real quick.
    I believe that works good, but may use a lot of battery power. I am unsure.
    09-16-08 05:56 PM
    This is true as I lost my company phone and wanted the mail forwarded to my Yahoo account with rules and it didn't allow, but if they aren't allowing you to forward, are they even allowing you to set it up on your iPhone?

Because they don't have enough support for that. They don't even have enough iPhone subscribers to see a benefit in doing this.
    Well I had my e-mail going to gmail and they didn't like that. I liked the IMAP feature of GMail and how it groups e-mails, but I was told I shouldn't be doing that in a nice way - :P

The iPhone is the companies phone so I can get my mail on it. I used to have a BB but wanted an iPhone and they let me get it. The problem is I am with a small company and we are using pop. I am trying to get them to at least use IMAP. We are in the process of setting up an exchange server, so that will solve my issues with mail.
    09-17-08 06:57 AM
    Well I had my e-mail going to gmail and they didn't like that. I liked the IMAP feature of GMail and how it groups e-mails, but I was told I shouldn't be doing that in a nice way - :P

The iPhone is the companies phone so I can get my mail on it. I used to have a BB but wanted an iPhone and they let me get it. The problem is I am with a small company and we are using pop. I am trying to get them to at least use IMAP. We are in the process of setting up an exchange server, so that will solve my issues with mail.
    That's good. I actually had a feeling that was it. Me being a manager for AT&T, I would have thought we'd be able to have either, but not at all.
    09-17-08 07:57 AM
    That's good. I actually had a feeling that was it. Me being a manager for AT&T, I would have thought we'd be able to have either, but not at all.
    The IMAP with GMail was working nicely, but if I sent from them it would say Sent on behalf of [email protected] for [email protected].

They didn't like that. I guess I could still have it forward to gmail so I could archive it that way - :P
    09-17-08 08:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD