Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. jayman2's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    456 Posts
    Global Posts
    460 Global Posts
    PIN
    Head?
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Can't install apps on JB iphone 4 iOS 5.0.1

    I was running iOS 4.3.2 on my JB iphone 4 and wasn't considering upgrading. Yesterday, my iphone stopped working. Wouldn't turn on, it was stuck on the screen with the apple logo in the center. So, I had to restore it with iOS 5.0.1 in order to get it working again. Then I jailbroke it with redsn0w 09.10b3. Now I can install apps from Cydia without any problems, but when I try to install an .ipa app it always "fails to install". I tested it by trying to install Angry Birds and it failed. Then I went to the App Store and purchased it and it downloaded and installed with no problems.

    I also upgraded my iTunes to 10.5.2.11 and this keeps crashing too whenever I try to install an app. It syncs and backs up just fine. What could be causing this, the JB or iTunes?

    Thanks in advance.
    i luvz me toyz
    *** This Line For Rent (Reasonable Rates) ***
  2. FigureThisOut's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    580 Posts
    #2  

    Default

    Completely uninstall the app and repo for the you know what you're using to get those apps. Then add the repo back and install the app over again and make sure it caches correctly when installed again.
  3. jayman2's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    456 Posts
    Global Posts
    460 Global Posts
    PIN
    Head?
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FigureThisOut View Post
    Completely uninstall the app and repo for the you know what you're using to get those apps. Then add the repo back and install the app over again and make sure it caches correctly when installed again.
    I don't have a problem with the apps from cydia. It's the regular apps that I'm trying to reinstall on this new iOS. I had no problem with them on iOS 4.XX

    Thanks for the reply.
    i luvz me toyz
    *** This Line For Rent (Reasonable Rates) ***
  4. FigureThisOut's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    580 Posts
    #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jayman2 View Post
    I don't have a problem with the apps from cydia. It's the regular apps that I'm trying to reinstall on this new iOS. I had no problem with them on iOS 4.XX

    Thanks for the reply.
    I know what apps you're taking about. The place to get app store apps not from the app store. Starts with an "I." Uninstall then reinstall the repo on cydia again
  5. jayman2's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    456 Posts
    Global Posts
    460 Global Posts
    PIN
    Head?
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FigureThisOut View Post
    I know what apps you're taking about. The place to get app store apps not from the app store. Starts with an "I." Uninstall then reinstall the repo on cydia again
    As I had stated before, I don't have any problem with Cydia or Cydia apps.

    Today I tried once again to downgrade back to 4.3.1 but couldn't. Then I read on the net that you can't downgrade from 5.0.1. So I restored my 5.0.1 installation again. This time I did not jailbreak. Now the funny thing is that I purchased Angry Birds yesterday, and that failed to load during my restore from backup. I went back to the iTunes store and tried to redownload it, but it doesn't recognize me as having purchased it, and wants me to pay for it again. I don't know what's going on.
    i luvz me toyz
    *** This Line For Rent (Reasonable Rates) ***
  6. FigureThisOut's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    580 Posts
    #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jayman2 View Post
    As I had stated before, I don't have any problem with Cydia or Cydia apps.

    Today I tried once again to downgrade back to 4.3.1 but couldn't. Then I read on the net that you can't downgrade from 5.0.1. So I restored my 5.0.1 installation again. This time I did not jailbreak. Now the funny thing is that I purchased Angry Birds yesterday, and that failed to load during my restore from backup. I went back to the iTunes store and tried to redownload it, but it doesn't recognize me as having purchased it, and wants me to pay for it again. I don't know what's going on.
    In your original post when you said you couldn't install .ipa apps but you could install those
    .ipa apps from the app store itself, where else where you trying to install .ipa apps from? I
    understand you're not talking about Cydia apps.


    When I say "repo" on Cydia, it's not referring to an app. It's referring to the repo you can install
    through Cydia in order to have access to the black app store market that I'm more than positive
    you're trying to install those .ipa apps from. It's a wink-wink kind of thing.
  7. jayman2's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    456 Posts
    Global Posts
    460 Global Posts
    PIN
    Head?
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FigureThisOut View Post
    In your original post when you said you couldn't install .ipa apps but you could install those
    .ipa apps from the app store itself, where else where you trying to install .ipa apps from? I
    understand you're not talking about Cydia apps.


    When I say "repo" on Cydia, it's not referring to an app. It's referring to the repo you can install
    through Cydia in order to have access to the black app store market that I'm more than positive
    you're trying to install those .ipa apps from. It's a wink-wink kind of thing.
    I'm able to install apps like pdanet, wallpapers, tweaks to expand folder options, etc from Cydia just fine. Some are free and some I have purchased thru Cydia. I have no problem with Cydia. I know what repos are.

    There are sites that you can go to with a JB iphone and download apps and games to test out before purchasing. I don't want to say anymore than that for fear of being banned from CB.

    Has anyone been able to successfully downgrade from iOS 5.0.1 back to 4.XX? I have my shsh blobs and have been trying for almost 2 days without any luck.
    i luvz me toyz
    *** This Line For Rent (Reasonable Rates) ***
  8. FigureThisOut's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    580 Posts
    #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jayman2 View Post
    I'm able to install apps like pdanet, wallpapers, tweaks to expand folder options, etc from Cydia just fine. Some are free and some I have purchased thru Cydia. I have no problem with Cydia. I know what repos are.

    There are sites that you can go to with a JB iphone and download apps and games to test out before purchasing. I don't want to say anymore than that for fear of being banned from CB.

    Has anyone been able to successfully downgrade from iOS 5.0.1 back to 4.XX? I have my shsh blobs and have been trying for almost 2 days without any luck.
    You won't be able to. ShSh blobs or not, Apple won't sign anything under 5.0.1 now.
  9. jayman2's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    456 Posts
    Global Posts
    460 Global Posts
    PIN
    Head?
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FigureThisOut View Post
    You won't be able to. ShSh blobs or not, Apple won't sign anything under 5.0.1 now.
    OK. That's what I wanted to know. Thanks a lot.
    i luvz me toyz
    *** This Line For Rent (Reasonable Rates) ***

Posting Permissions