How! Why? Cuz it's bigger?? I mean the site crashed of how many ppl placed orders. I thought ppl were over this? All the criticism and yet 6M orders for it. I really don't get it. Just venting guys sorry
    earlym and Chelmsford like this.
    09-16-14 02:48 AM
    I guess it's just part of Apples marketing strategy. Create the demand for it & the flock will come. Most people don't know what is good for them anyway & they don't care about what they don't know.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-14 02:50 AM
    It's a good device.

When you add the best ecosystem (apps and accessories), customer service, connectivity with other products, resale value, etc), the positives outweigh the negatives for a lot of people.
    09-16-14 06:17 AM
    Could it be that you dismissed it as just being bigger? They also made it thinner and made the camera significantly better.

Just tell yourself that they are all sheep. It's easier that way.
    Last edited by early2bed; 09-16-14 at 07:20 AM.
    1magine, MikeX74, pri79269 and 1 others like this.
    09-16-14 07:04 AM
    I assume the commenter is speaking of the US market, since that's where most Apple products sell.
    Apple products are mainly higher end products. Cost is not an issue with most iPhone users who are on plans that update every 2 years. These people are naturals for upgrading since their own phones are 2 years old and the new one is significantly bigger. Others on plans that allow yearly phone updates will change too, as the cost is hidden- they just keep up paying "rent" on the phone they have. Finally, it allows users of Android higher end phones that aren't Android fanbois to join the crowd. Most people aren't critical thinkers and want to belong and be hip.

Apple doesn't even have to advertise. The media in the US offers free advertising, covering the launch of the product as Breaking News (gag me). One hour interviews on Bloomberg with Tim Cook. Advertising heaven!
    Don't kid yourself, screen size does matter. Just a small increase from 3.5 (iPhone4) to 4.2 (Z10) was a big factor for me to move to the Z10. At 4.7, they hit the sweet spot for a phone and at the larger 5.5, for a phablet.
    And if you're comparing iPhones and BB10 devices, you are really confusing Apples and peanuts, for non BB diehards.
    TheBlkGuyFrmWrk likes this.
    09-16-14 07:24 AM
    Really? You're surprised? I'm not. I'm expecting record sales. People have been waiting for this for a long time.

However, I will say that if battery life is worse than the last iPhone and the whole experience is underwhelming (ie no change other than screen size) than I think some people will start to question why they upgraded. Anecdotally, three of my hardcore iPhone 4/s friends were very underwhelmed with their iPhone 5's, so much so that they moved onto Android.
    09-16-14 07:31 AM
    Everyone and their nieces want to have the IP6 and even the watch. The stats say it.
    anon(8908445) likes this.
    09-16-14 07:36 AM
    I personally think the watch is silly. 350 for s tiny version of what I already have? That can't get wet? Noooope.

I'll give it that (iPhone 6) it doesn't blend well and run apps well. I often Shazam songs on my z10 and then can't do anything with it unless I YouTube it. My sister cracked her iPhone so I gave her mine and there went my ipod. Only thing it was good for to me
    lift likes this.
    09-16-14 12:38 PM
    People that like iPhone were always going to run out and get the new phone. It could be the exact same phone with a new name and they would have still flocked to stores.

Mikescraftbeer.com - C00012735/ Mike Garson Photography - C00471EA8
    Breezygirl8, NYTOC83 and lift like this.
    09-16-14 12:57 PM
    Reminds me of the show The Wire. The Barksdale dealers weren't putting out as good a product as the competitors so they changed the name and the colour to bring back the fiends. Same bad product but it helped until they got something new.

That's how I feel about iPhone except.... nothing new
    09-16-14 02:23 PM
    Like most who follow smartphones, I predicted record unit sales of the iPhone 6, so the big pre-order is the least surprising development. The real surprise will be if Apple lowers its prices!

Z-30 / STA100-5 / 10.3.0.1154 / T-Mobile USA
    09-16-14 03:49 PM
    I think many people with older iPhones (meaning haven't upgraded in the last one or two years) had been waiting for the bigger screen. Then you also have those who always have to have the newest iPhone. That's how you get all these records sales.

I also don't understand how some people would want to be tied down to iTunes and be limited with multitasking and so many other things but I guess those aren't important to everyone.
    09-16-14 04:03 PM
    I also don't understand how some people would want to be tied down to iTunes and be limited with multitasking and so many other things but I guess those aren't important to everyone.
    They're "important" to almost no one, in the grand scheme of things.
    09-16-14 04:33 PM
    No surprise. Apple is known for its huge amount of very loyal followers.
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    09-16-14 06:16 PM
    It's just crazy how blindly loyal people are to a company that with their own launch exposed their faults and short comings.

All this tells me I'd nothing gas changed n BlackBerry launch will be a laughing stock
    09-16-14 07:17 PM
    I can't believe that anyone is surprise. Apple has been doing this for years.
    Most people using iphones are more than happy about their device, why would they switch.

Posted via CB10
    Eric Ton, MikeX74 and anon8656116 like this.
    09-16-14 07:23 PM
    It's just crazy how blindly loyal people are to a company that with their own launch exposed their faults and short comings.

All this tells me I'd nothing gas changed n BlackBerry launch will be a laughing stock
    I don't know about the "blindly loyal" people, but I have been a LONG TIME BlackBerry user and have also had an iPhone 5s. I can say without hesitation, the email experience on the iPhone sucks, but the app situation more than makes up for the "inconvenience".

I have preordered my iPhone 6 and will also order the BlackBerry Classic. No one phone is the correct answer...whatever works for each user is what is right. No one should try to "shame" anyone on this, or any other site because of their choice of phone.

Enjoy you device and let others enjoy theirs!
    09-16-14 07:32 PM
    I let ppl enjoy and I encourage ppl to stick with what they like and what works for them. Just don't sit there and tell me that the iPhone is the best phone out there
    NYTOC83 and Loc22 like this.
    09-16-14 07:41 PM
    I let ppl enjoy and I encourage ppl to stick with what they like and what works for them. Just don't sit there and tell me that the iPhone is the best phone out there
    It may not be the best phone for you. It is the best personal phone for me (with BB being my choice of work phone).

People need to update the iSheep meme here. The majority of people buy Android devices. So if one is going to follow the herd, one should buy an Android device.

So maybe we just need a new way to mock and denigrate people who choose to buy iPhones?
    Bsbudd likes this.
    09-16-14 09:44 PM
    Blind loyalty? Anyone with a current or older iPhone knows that if they liked the 4, 4s, 5 or 5s, they will like the 6. IPhone is careful to make changes but nothing so massive that it will alienate their current users. Can you say the same thing for Android or Blackberry? If you liked the 9900 does that mean you'll like the z10 or q10? Does it mean you'll like the passport? They are so different it anyone's guess and yet people here are still saying they are going to get the passport as soon as it comes out having never seen anything but a picture of it. It's pretty hypocritical to call apple users sheep when people here are doing exactly the same thing. Maybe the iPhone users are just confident through history that they are going to like what comes next, just like blackberry users.
    early2bed, Bsbudd, NYTOC83 and 5 others like this.
    09-16-14 10:49 PM
    It was a given that it would sell well. I'm not an Apple fan, but realize they have an amazing way of locking people in for what seems like life now. One of my brothers who loves Apple doesn't even know what features the new phones have. He has already pre-ordered it and won't listen to a word I have to say about the Passport . Of course they make nice devices, but not so nice that you should cast a blind eye to all the great options out there.

"BB POWERED" C001C1D66
    09-16-14 11:03 PM
    They are so different it anyone's guess and yet people here are still saying they are going to get the passport as soon as it comes out having never seen anything but a picture of it. It's pretty hypocritical to call apple users sheep when people here are doing exactly the same thing.
    LOL! A wider, thicker, and squarer keyboard phone with a missing row that won't be available from my carrier? If it's a Blackberry then I'm all in, not like those iSheep!
    blackmoe and pri79269 like this.
    09-16-14 11:09 PM
    LOL! A wider, thicker, and squarer keyboard phone with a missing row that won't be available from my carrier? If it's a Blackberry then I'm all in, not like those iSheep!
    You can always count on one thing with the award winning BB10 devices. If you have enjoyed one already, you're most likely going to enjoy the next one that comes out. Plus, most people on Crackberry research the crap out of any new device. Those two facts combined make the prospects of knowing you're going to enjoy a untouched BB10 offering a shoe in.

"BB POWERED" C001C1D66
    09-16-14 11:19 PM
    You can always count on one thing with the award winning BB10 devices. If you have enjoyed one already, you're most likely going to enjoy the next one that comes out. Plus, most people on Crackberry research the crap out of any new device. Those two facts combined make the prospects of knowing you're going to enjoy a untouched BB10 offering a shoe in.
    I see. If you like BB10 then it must be because you have done your research. If you like iOS then you are just mindlessly buying anything that Apple makes. Isn't that what they call an ipso facto argument? I'm pretty sure that logic only works in the Crackberry universe.
    09-16-14 11:33 PM
    A lot of friends of mine who used to be iSheeps (i4 or i5) have upgraded to either Android phones or Z10. Of course, the existing upgrading from lower iSheep models to iPhone 6 or i6+ contribute to this high pre-orders. The other major contributors of high pre-orders are from people who want to flip them to China for making great profit. A lot of people, especially Hong Kong people, knows that there are a lot of iSheeps in China willing to pay double or even triple for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus because iPhone 6 may not make it to stores in China by the end of 2014. That high demand creates a lot of chances to make money easily just by a couple of clicks. My family and myself are using Z10s, NOT iPhone users. Five of us pre-ordered ten iPhone 6 plus and will ship them to China for money. We are not end users, right? We are just one example of many examples. So I believe the exceptional high numbers of pre-orders this year are mainly due to money-making rather than iSheep upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-14 11:33 PM
89 123 ...