Im thinking to get an i-phone from at&t with no-commitment @ a price of $599. I learned that the phone will come as a locked and unactivated, my question is if the current unlocking method will able to unlock my i-phone which hasn't been activated? thank you
    06-19-09 08:26 PM
    Im thinking to get an i-phone from at&t with no-commitment @ a price of $599. I learned that the phone will come as a locked and unactivated, my question is if the current unlocking method will able to unlock my i-phone which hasn't been activated? thank you

3GS cannot be unlocked or jailbroke at this time and the 3G can only be jailbroken. It believe no iphone running 3.0 can be unlocked due to the base loader.
    Last edited by mpafr012; 06-19-09 at 09:07 PM.
    06-19-09 09:05 PM
    From what I'm hearing, the unlock is coming for the 3G on 3.0, haven't heard anything about the 3Gs though.
    06-19-09 10:00 PM
    I thought when you buy one at the no commitment price it stays factory unlocked and Apple just basically activates the phone and it's not locked to AT&T. I could be wrong, but it would seem to not make sense to be locked to AT&T if you are buying it with the intention of not making a commitment to anyone. So you could use it on any network you want (GSM of course). I would call apple and ask.
    06-19-09 10:18 PM
    It's no commitment like all phones on AT&T, but not unlocked. The only difference is with the other devices, you can request the unlock code.
    06-19-09 10:22 PM
    yeah im pretty sure its locked. Im just wondering if ppl can unlocked it without activate it, even with the old 3G model?
    06-19-09 10:27 PM
    It's no commitment like all phones on AT&T, but not unlocked. The only difference is with the other devices, you can request the unlock code.
    Oh ok. Cool.
    06-19-09 10:33 PM
    Follow this guy... the unlock should work for the 3GS when released and they hope the jailbreak does too.

MuscleNerd (MuscleNerd) on Twitter

RT @MuscleNerd 3GS is shipping with BB 04.26.08 (vulnerable to ultrasn0w). If (big "if") it can also be jailbroken, that would be swell!
    06-19-09 10:48 PM
    Ok I've herd of them being unlocked for verizon I know some one has one on verizon can that really be done

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-09 10:54 PM
    Ok I've herd of them being unlocked for verizon I know some one has one on verizon can that really be done

No.. no... no.. and some more... NO. Impossible.

And just in case you bring out the "But I saw it with my own two eyes! It said Verizon!!" thing, there's a way to change that when you jailbreak your phone. You can have it say anything you want. It's physically impossible to get it working on Verizon. Vzw is CDMA, the iPhone is GSM. They are two completely different network technologies.
    06-19-09 10:55 PM
    No.. no... no.. and some more... NO. Impossible.

And just in case you bring out the "But I saw it with my own two eyes! It said Verizon!!" thing, there's a way to change that when you jailbreak your phone. You can have it say anything you want. It's physically impossible to get it working on Verizon. Vzw is CDMA, the iPhone is GSM. They are two completely different network technologies.
    Nah Uh... I got mine on Verizon/Sprint and Chine Mobile all at the same time... lol.

This question/statement gets asked/made all the time... lol. "It said Verizon, I swear!!!"
    06-19-09 11:33 PM
    Well the jailbreak it they was going todo me one but I got the storm and I know thru got verizon cause I seen there bill and it free for me call em

06-19-09 11:48 PM
    Hello, it has been said that iphone 3g 3.0 will be able to be JB and unlockable but they are working all the bugs out right now. Right now it has been released for mac os only. The other tools will be released soon.

As for the 3gs I beleave they said there will be a JB for it but not an unlock. That's the last that I heard.

Hope this helps some.
    06-20-09 07:39 AM
    Well the jailbreak it they was going todo me one but I got the storm and I know thru got verizon cause I seen there bill and it free for me call em

He was asking about an iphone not a Storm. VZW has nothing to do with an iphone.
    06-20-09 07:53 AM
    can i activate the new iphone 3GS with my old number? will that effect my old basic plan with no data?
    06-21-09 05:04 PM

What the **** did you say? lol.
    06-21-09 06:30 PM
    Has anyone figured out how to unlock or jailbreak the IPHONE 3GS?
    06-21-09 06:35 PM
    Has anyone figured out how to unlock or jailbreak the IPHONE 3GS?

Not yet.........
    06-21-09 08:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD