I'm thinking about getting an iPhone but I need to know if I can set certain contacts or groups I create to over-ride "silent" mode. Right now, with my Blackberry...my bosses are the only one's who ring when I put my profile to sleeping. I have a couple of people who have to be able to wake me up if needed. I'm not sure if I can do that on the iPhone, I can't find anything on it.

Thank you!
    01-04-10 06:56 PM
    I just got an iPhone and this is the only thing I miss about my BB. Assuming that it's not possible that is...............
    01-04-10 08:40 PM
    Had my 3GS for a couple of weeks now and as far as I can tell there is no way to do that on the iphone. This is one of the big issues that berry users have when making the switch.
    01-04-10 09:17 PM
    I thought you can do this if you jailbreak your Iphone and use an app from Cydia.
    01-10-10 01:13 PM
    I can't believe the iPhone won't allow you to set ringers for different notifications as much as blackberry. Sure would be nice...
    01-12-10 08:41 AM
    Well, I decided to try again yesterday...I went to the apple store and I had ATT customer service look, and they also called apple technical for me...there is not currently an option or an app that will do this.
    I am absolutely at a loss as to why, I can't possibly be the only person in America who's on call, let alone on call and sleeps during the day. Insane. I won't be switching to iPhone purely because of this one thing.
    Lame.
    02-06-10 05:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD