Well came across a good offer, straight trade of nexus one for iPhone 3g 16gb. Only reason he is willing to trade straight is engraving on the phone. Going to check it out tomorrow if I I like it then I'm android market. What should I look for with nexus one? Reasons I'm switching, 3g service, better battery, and able to stay on same carrier at the same price but with 3g service.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-10 01:45 PM
    Well came across a good offer, straight trade of nexus one for iPhone 3g 16gb. Only reason he is willing to trade straight is engraving on the phone. Going to check it out tomorrow if I I like it then I'm android market. What should I look for with nexus one? Reasons I'm switching, 3g service, better battery, and able to stay on same carrier at the same price but with 3g service.

Good luck with it. You should like it. I have it now and I like Android OS but not more than the iPhone OS right now. It still has some quirks and too menu heavy for my tastes right now. But it is a good device and you'll have fun getting know the features.
    03-05-10 02:16 PM
    Yeah, I really like the iPhone os. iTunes is good as well, I would like to have better battery life and 3g service. Played with android g1 and it wasn't bad. Just need to find similiar apps that I have now. How do I go about clearing all my info. Account info and contacts are main concerns.

03-05-10 04:06 PM
    Yeah, I really like the iPhone os. iTunes is good as well, I would like to have better battery life and 3g service. Played with android g1 and it wasn't bad. Just need to find similiar apps that I have now. How do I go about clearing all my info. Account info and contacts are main concerns.

Just do a restore via iTunes and you should be good to go.
    03-05-10 04:11 PM
    I know the HTC Hero is no Nexus One, but I wasn't into the Android OS that much. The homescreen widgets and notification drop down panel was nice, but nothing can compare to the iphone touchscreen keyboard. Android apps are also second best to the App Store. I also found syncing a pain on Android, where iTunes would sync all my everything with one sync.

I have found no other touchscreen keypad better than the iphone.

I am kind of excited for the 4G iphone...i believe its gonna raise the bar again

Good luck with the N1
    03-05-10 04:15 PM
    I know the HTC Hero is no Nexus One, but I wasn't into the Android OS that much. The homescreen widgets and notification drop down panel was nice, but nothing can compare to the iphone touchscreen keyboard. Android apps are also second best to the App Store. I also found syncing a pain on Android, where iTunes would sync all my everything with one sync.

I have found no other touchscreen keypad better than the iphone.

I am kind of excited for the 4G iphone...i believe its gonna raise the bar again

Good luck with the N1
    I pretty much agree with Map.. no one can compare to the iPhone's on-screen keyboard. My Droid's is nice but still not on par.

Although I do really like the S2 keyboard -- just consider it different in comparison.
    03-05-10 04:35 PM
    Need to keep it jailbroken though, so I may just have to delete info as for the new iPhone could I possibly sell the n1 or trade for it? Think the value will drop with new android devices coming. Can always trade for a 3gs possibly, or another iPhone 3g if I don't like it. Think I will like it, but the iPhone os is great, sacrafice 3g service and battery though with it. N1 3g, battery life and the os I need to play with.

03-05-10 04:40 PM
    Need to keep it jailbroken though, so I may just have to delete info as for the new iPhone could I possibly sell the n1 or trade for it? Think the value will drop with new android devices coming. Can always trade for a 3gs possibly, or another iPhone 3g if I don't like it. Think I will like it, but the iPhone os is great, sacrafice 3g service and battery though with it. N1 3g, battery life and the os I need to play with.

You should be able to restore without upgrade. As long as you don't go to 3.1.3 it's easy to jailbreak and unlock again.
    03-05-10 05:04 PM
    Yeah, I may do that or just do a reset in the phone, will that mess up the jailbreak?

03-05-10 05:05 PM
    Yeah, I may do that or just do a reset in the phone, will that mess up the jailbreak?

I just think it will be better for resale to have the phone restored. But that's just me. I definitely wouldn't trust giving my phone to anyone if I only erased my info. You never know what some people are capable of.
    03-05-10 05:23 PM

This is like the third time I have seen you post about this same thing. Heck the last post I saw from you was the one where you were saying that you were going to leave Cincy Bell for att so that you could have 3G coverage. Not trying to flame you or anything like that, but I am starting to wonder if you just like to stir up the pot. If you really are leaving iPhone then that's cool, but why post it in this forum? And just so you know, the Nexus One has been having major issues when it comes to 3G, and the batt life is not really that much better then the 3GS, my friend has had his since day one and we get almost the exact same amount of batt life and that is with me using my 3GS more then he really uses his N1. Just my .002
    03-06-10 12:18 AM
    Yeh I wonder too if its stirring the pot now. If everyone made a new thread announcing their phone changes there would be no forum space left, let alone the 2nd or 3rd thread about it.

And as you said the Nexus has about equal battery life and HUGE 3G issues. I get wanting to have 3G, but the Nexus in its current state isnt the phone to leap into that onto. Its only been in the news for weeks and weeks now about its 3G issues nexus one 3g issues - Google Search hundreds of thousands of hits on various instances and stories. Also very fragile, even HTC says not to carry it in your pocket HTC: Don't Carry Your Nexus One In Your Pocket - Htc nexus one screen - Gizmodo
    Last edited by stuaw11; 03-06-10 at 01:50 AM.
    03-06-10 01:25 AM
    ? And just so you know, the Nexus One has been having major issues when it comes to 3G
    Yea i saw a video of a guy showing how the 3G on the Nexus drops instantly when you hold it from the bottom.
    03-06-10 06:44 AM
    Not trying to stir the pot, just get feedback. I would like to gave 3g service, and better battery life, options are AT&T or n1.

03-06-10 06:44 AM
    Well the Nexus One isn't the phone for you if you want 3G and better battery life. They're about equal. Probably a bit better battery, but nothing too amazing.
    03-06-10 04:00 PM
    Not trying to stir the pot, just get feedback. I would like to gave 3g service, and better battery life, options are AT&T or n1.

Well my .002, stick with iPhone and go with ATT, might not be as cheap but better overall if you really want 3G
    03-06-10 04:16 PM
    made the trade today, have to say I am impressed with the N1. Battery life is alot better compared to my 3g iphone. Can search and play games on it for awhile and get more use out of it. I think the battery on the iphone I had was going bad. I really do like the 3g service! Its fairly strong in the areas I ll be most of the time, and there is a good difference between edge and 3g.

N1... love the color display
    3g and speed are really nice!
    pretty tech saavy for the most part, fairly easy to operate....

overall Im glad I made the trade, didnt realize how good 3g can be when downloading, havent tried wifi yet with the N1 though.
    Thanks the input...
    03-06-10 09:22 PM
    This is like the third time I have seen you post about this same thing. Heck the last post I saw from you was the one where you were saying that you were going to leave Cincy Bell for att so that you could have 3G coverage. Not trying to flame you or anything like that, but I am starting to wonder if you just like to stir up the pot. If you really are leaving iPhone then that's cool, but why post it in this forum? And just so you know, the Nexus One has been having major issues when it comes to 3G, and the batt life is not really that much better then the 3GS, my friend has had his since day one and we get almost the exact same amount of batt life and that is with me using my 3GS more then he really uses his N1. Just my .002
    I'm not going to say this specific op is doing it, but there has been a lot of perpetrators on this site lately claiming to leave the iPhone for BB's and Android posting similar threads like 2 and 3 times, I caught a guy about a week ago. He has since stopped posting but I'm starting to wonder about this re-occuring problem myself.
    03-06-10 09:33 PM
    I guess they don't like the iPhone.
    03-06-10 11:09 PM
    What it boils down to is everyone loves the Iphone. Those who have it, and those who wish they have it. Those who say they hate it actually love it, but since they can't own one, they resort to saying they hate it.
    03-07-10 02:25 AM
    What it boils down to is everyone loves the Iphone. Those who have it, and those who wish they have it. Those who say they hate it actually love it, but since they can't own one, they resort to saying they hate it.
    My uncle doesn't like it and he could easily afford it. There you go, post proven wrong.
    03-07-10 02:33 AM
    i loved the one I had, cydia and winterboard were nice. Battery life was just horrible on the one I had. When the new iphone comes out, I may make the switch over to at&t, after experiencing 3g on the n1 Im hooked.
    Would like to have the iphone jailbroken/unlocked onto my current carrier, its solid service, but I couldnt get 3g on the iphone. ... I dont mind paying for at&t service but I find it hard to do so when my local carrier is able to offer everything I need and its the cheapest.
    03-07-10 07:54 AM
    So why did I return mine last year? I most certainly could afford it and I'd got it. It just didn't work for me as I wanted it to.

I am waiting to see what the 4G is like. If I buy it and I like it I will keep it. If I don't like it after buying it I will return it like I did the 3GS. Still have the line and currently running a BB on it.

That's a simplistic and untrue statement on your part. Bit Freudian.
    Sometimes a device simply doesn't fit a person.
    03-07-10 08:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD