Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Blackberry is not receiving iphone texts with emoticons?

My girlfriend just got an iPhone from Verizon, I have a blackberry Curve on Sprint. When she texts me and uses any iphone emoticons in her message, I never receive the text message (says sent on her phone but I never receive it). However if she texts me and uses no emoticons, the message shows up on my phone immediately. Has anyone else experienced this?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    5,147 Global Posts
    PIN
    LPG5ULJQ - Live profile (try it!)

Ask her to try a different emoticon program and see if the same thing happens. I know that other devices won't display the emoticons but I haven't heard of the text not going through at all.
    Mobile Devices: Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Carrier: AT&T
    Computer: MacBook Pro (2012) 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
    Other devices: iPad Mini
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

I just talked to her again and I guess she did indeed download an emoticon program. I had thought these were just the default emoticons she was using, but apparently not. Thanks!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    5,147 Global Posts
    PIN
    LPG5ULJQ - Live profile (try it!)

Quote Originally Posted by pete6032 View Post
    I just talked to her again and I guess she did indeed download an emoticon program. I had thought these were just the default emoticons she was using, but apparently not. Thanks!
    Yeah there are no default emoticons. So it could possible be the app. Try another and maybe that one will work.
    Mobile Devices: Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Carrier: AT&T
    Computer: MacBook Pro (2012) 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
    Other devices: iPad Mini
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,007 Global Posts
    PIN
    You say potato, I say vodka.

Usually when I send "emoji" to non-iPhone users, the text will display a square in the place of the emoticon...

They normally always get the text though.
    "The Philosopher has never killed any Priests, whereas the Priest has killed a great many Philosophers."
    -Denis Diderot
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

It is a known issue. An at&t iPhone and Verizon iPhone can't even text using emoji.. something to do with CDMA vs GSM. I noticed on my Blackberry, none of the emoticon apps are available to users on a CDMA network, they all say GSM only.