03-18-13 09:20 AM
    This is a true statement...it is long in the tooth and stale. He also gave credit and respect where it was due related to the iconic design and mass adoption of touch screen devices.

Since Thorsten has a tech background I find him very respectful of other engineering groups and accomplishments in his interviews.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 09:25 AM
    We need non-skeuomorphic user interfaces! iOS does a horrible job of trying to approximate real-world objects like table tops, paper notebooks and calendars. It only ends up looking ugly and pointless. We need new interfaces specifically for touchscreen devices without the baggage of previous designs.

That said, Mr. Heins, it would be very good if you cleaned out the junk Android ports and bad PB ports on Blackberry World. Nice to call someone else's user interface "outdated" when your own platform is full of junk apps
    YorkieRay, taz323 and mmmac like this.
    03-18-13 10:16 AM
    Why does my post keep disappearing???
    03-18-13 05:34 PM
    junk applications are what all of the platforms have in order to keep the app counts up. if you took all the junk apps out of Android and iTunes then there would be significantly less. So why would BlackBerry take out their junk apps when no one else does?

CB10 App, Z10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-18-13 05:43 PM
    Why does my post keep disappearing???
    If it had disappeared, you wouldn't be posting here.

Thread got moved to the iphone subforum, where it belongs. We have a habit of keeping things organized and in their place.
    03-18-13 05:47 PM
    I have never really liked the interface of apple products, from iPods to iPhones. I find it difficult to use and there are thing on it that make it difficult to use unless you know how. With the other products I chose to buy instead of apple I found them easy to use and have never had a problem with them. Apple use the fact that they have a big fanbase to sit on their laurels and assume people will buy the product, not because it is better than other products on the market but because people know the name and buy it without first researching.
    lynxs_claw likes this.
    06-05-13 06:21 AM