Hey guys just wanted to drop a quick note to you. BeeJive is $6.99 in the app
    store right now for the holidays. It usually runs $9.99 so seven bucks ain't
    that bad for what is a great IM app.
    12-21-09 02:29 PM
    OMG. I just bought it for 9.99 the other day...

/fail
    12-21-09 03:26 PM
    That sucks.

I was gonna but it a week ago also but decided to hold off. It still beats $30 for the BB with a lifetime license. As soon as i downloaded it I backed it up to iTunes. Lifetime license right there
    12-21-09 03:28 PM
    Although 9.99 is still cheap- so here here
    12-21-09 03:31 PM
    If I only IMed more, I'd love it more. I still have it and bought it back when it was $16 (release date).
    12-25-09 03:15 PM
    I just got it for my wife's 3GS at that 6.99 price, but one thing I wish they would do is figure out how to allow you to set your own buddy icon in Yahoo Messenger. They have it for everything else but Yahoo. What gives?
    12-26-09 08:58 AM
    It's actually $5.99!
    12-27-09 04:49 AM
    Hmm I may have to pick it up for my Touch!

Why is it so expensive for Blackberry? I paid $30 for a lifetime license, but then it's only $6 for a license on an iPod/iPhone?!?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-09 12:36 PM
    Hmm I may have to pick it up for my Touch!

Why is it so expensive for Blackberry? I paid $30 for a lifetime license, but then it's only $6 for a license on an iPod/iPhone?!?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Because making quality apps for BBs is harder.
    12-27-09 01:07 PM
    It's actually $5.99!
    Yup by Christmas day it went down to $5.99
    12-27-09 01:21 PM
    BeeJive is a great IM app. I've used it since release and never had the need to try anything else.
    12-27-09 03:39 PM
    i payed like $20 or so for my blackberry a few months ago -__-
    01-02-10 06:13 PM
    Because making quality apps for BBs is harder.
    Its mainly harder because RIM makes it harder for devs with VERY poor tools. In the end it all hurts the customer paying over 4 times what the iphone version costs. Same thing with Docs to Go, why is it $10 for iphone and 50 freaking dollars for BB. Thats insane! (And dont get me started how the free version with 95% of the functionality comes on the BB and THEN they charge you $50 on top for the few extra features? Arent they already charging RIM a fee to put the free version on? Sounds like double dipping and at an EXTREME cost!)

This is the main reason people dont buy BB apps, not because theyre "too business" or have no need for them, but because theyre INSANELY priced. Around 50% of RIM's business is consumer space- even that many people should be bolstering a MUCH bigger desire for and usage of apps. But why would anyone want to pay a month's worth of data (or DOUBLE) for an app?!

Until prices come down DRASTICALLY people wont buy a lot of BB apps. A cheap BB app is an expensive iphone one. The BB model needs to change and bring down the costs if they expect people to purchase them
    Last edited by stuaw11; 01-02-10 at 07:07 PM.
    01-02-10 06:58 PM
    Its mainly harder because RIM makes it harder for devs with VERY poor tools. In the end it all hurts the customer paying over 4 times what the iphone version costs. Same thing with Docs to Go, why is it $10 for iphone and 50 freaking dollars for BB. Thats insane! (And dont get me started how the free version with 95% of the functionality comes on the BB and THEN they charge you $50 on top for the few extra features? Arent they already charging RIM a fee to put the free version on? Sounds like double dipping and at an EXTREME cost!)

This is the main reason people dont buy BB apps, not because theyre "too business" or have no need for them, but because theyre INSANELY priced. Around 50% of RIM's business is consumer space- even that many people should be bolstering a MUCH bigger desire for and usage of apps. But why would anyone want to pay a month's worth of data (or DOUBLE) for an app?!

Until prices come down DRASTICALLY people wont buy a lot of BB apps. A cheap BB app is an expensive iphone one. The BB model needs to change and bring down the costs if they expect people to purchase them
    Totally agree with you. I didnt buy any BB apps because of the price. On the iphone I think the most I've paid is $2.99. I love that they are so cheap and easy to find.
    01-06-10 02:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD