Is there any way you can get BBM on an iPhone? I know it's prolly a stupid question but I'd love to see it!
    04-10-09 11:49 AM
    Not unless RIM makes software available for this..

They did with Windows Mobile and Palm devices called "Blackberry Connect" but I dont see that coming on the iPhone ever.
    04-10-09 12:00 PM
    you now a messenger like bbm between 2 iphones?
    04-13-09 07:21 PM
    lol. AIM works just as well
    04-14-09 06:43 PM
    lol. AIM works just as well
    I like using BBM because you have an understanding with the other person that you're both on a BB, and type equally as fast...
    04-14-09 11:15 PM
    It may come one day...

RIM allowed Nokia / Windows to do it, what would they tell the courts (when Apple sues them) was the reason they didn't allow Apple to license BBConnect.
    04-14-09 11:57 PM
    It may come one day...

RIM allowed Nokia / Windows to do it, what would they tell the courts (when Apple sues them) was the reason they didn't allow Apple to license BBConnect.
    But do you think Apple honchos will ever take it that far?

I see them creating their own proprietary application first.

Whatever... I am making no sense. Just thinking out loud.
    04-15-09 01:41 AM
    Bbm between two iPhones specifically would be so awesome.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-09 06:10 AM
    That would be awesome! iChat for Macs why not have it like that for the iPhone as well!
    04-15-09 03:21 PM
    but how would the iPhone be assigned a pin?
    04-15-09 05:27 PM
    but how would the iPhone be assigned a pin?
    The same way Blackberry Connect assign's pins to Windows Mobile devices. =)
    04-15-09 05:32 PM
    It may come one day...

Nokia = Symbian

And it's also on the Sony PDAs...
    04-15-09 06:50 PM
    But do you think Apple honchos will ever take it that far?

I see them creating their own proprietary application first.

Whatever... I am making no sense. Just thinking out loud.
    If they allowed Microsoft to develop Apps for the iphone, why would they give a damn about RIM.
    04-15-09 06:56 PM
    I've always wondered why Apple didn't use iChat the same way RIM uses BBM. Would be pretty tight.
    04-16-09 12:52 AM
    The thing I like about BBM, and the BIS is that BB's use data very efficiently. I have to travel a lot for work, but I don't sweat using my BB in the US like I did the iPhone... I can get e-mails all day long, and use BBM a lot and only rack up $1 or $2 / day in data charges... not like my iPhone 3G that cost me an arm and a leg when I took it to the States!!!
    Armyboy246 likes this.
    04-16-09 05:21 PM
    There's a reason for this.. It's because Blackberry data is highly compressed and optimized for it's slow 2G/EDGE network.

The iPhone doesn't compress it's data..

Look at an HTML email between the BB and an iPhone and you'll see what I mean..

So much quality is lost with its compression.
    04-16-09 05:27 PM
    you now a messenger like bbm between 2 iphones?
    yes, i do. WhatsApp for iPhone allows two iPhone contacts to chat with each other just like BBM does

see: iTunes Store
    09-12-09 02:32 PM
    i just installed whatsapp on my iphone and my BB 8900.

They only have chat available between 2 iphones, but iphone to BB and BB to BB coming soon!
    09-16-09 06:58 AM
    It may come one day...

If anyone is stopping it from being used on an Iphone it's Apple. Look at google voice. LOL
    09-16-09 10:31 AM
    i just installed whatsapp on my iphone and my BB 8900.

They only have chat available between 2 iphones, but iphone to BB and BB to BB coming soon!
    I've installed this on my iPhone today and looks pretty good. The day maybe finally here, LOL... when iPhone to BB comes available this app will blow up. It's an awesome concept, I think.
    09-23-09 07:50 PM
    Swapped my 3GS at the Apple store yesterday due to a sinking sleep/wake button, and had to deal with WhatsApp support to get old device unregistered & new one registered. Yan there was amazingly fast & helpful, so props for that!
    One thing he did mention in our communications was that BB chat integration is "some months away". Shame.

There's an update coming soon though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-09 08:22 AM
    Ping!
    AIM
    Yahoo IM!
    MSN
    all the above are free, but dont have support for push notifications and dont run in the backround
    05-30-10 02:24 PM
    Great news for iPhone users (aka me)

I should just get a BlackBerry :P
    05-30-10 02:45 PM
    Ping!
    AIM
    Yahoo IM!
    MSN
    all the above are free, but dont have support for push notifications and dont run in the backround
    Not true, both AIM and Yahoo have push support. I use them both every day and the push works great. There is no need to have them running in the BG with push so that's not even an issue.
    05-31-10 02:31 PM
    Yeh i dont get the whole running in the background craze. Either way on either device u get a notification and have to go to the app to read/reply to it. Its no different tot he end user on either.
    05-31-10 02:46 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD