I could not find a thread on this specific battery topic so I appologise if it is out there.

I just go the 3GS and it is incredible compared to my old storm. I will stream radio sometimes 8-10 hours a day at work on the 3G network and get sometimes 4-5 hours on a full battery, so I keep my charger with me. My daily battery life right now is not a problem. But with NiCad batteries in tools they tend to lose their ability to a charge. I heard lithium ion batteries hold their charge retension much longer. My laptop is a few years old and the battery is almost worthless.

My question is with this constant power drain and charge, or sometimes just sitting on the charger to play all day, how does this affect the battery life in the long run? Does anyone know how much a new battery may cost to be replaced?
    01-17-10 10:16 PM
    I've noticed signicant losses in the life of the battery on my ipod touch in less than a year. The thing that sucks is Apple charges a rediculous amount to replace the battery.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-10 10:39 PM
    Last time I checked you get a YEAR of applecare aka free battery replacements, so itd cost zero to replace if you take the time to actually bring it in.
    01-18-10 12:13 AM
    The battery on my 2G iPhone still rocks.. so take it for what its worth. It's a lithium battery so it should be good for a few thousand charges.
    01-18-10 07:48 AM
    i believe apple charges $60+ to replace your battery. I wouldn't drain and charge the phone like your doing especially daily. I only charge my battery every other day.
    01-18-10 11:10 AM
    I dont think constantly sitting on the charger does anything to the battery because it isnt really cycling (discharging and charging).

They only charge $60+ if youre outside of 1 year of free AppleCare and didnt buy another year, or else its totally free. Why not bring it in at 11.5 months and get the battery swapped just incase? By then it should show enough signs of degredation that apple would be willing to swap it. The iphone batteries only get about 3-400 charge cycles before dropping to 80% capacity, so that should be right about a year, or less if you charge more than once a day
    01-18-10 12:20 PM
    When my wife and I got iphones I believe we were told if we wanted apple care we had to pay an extra $100 for a year of service (which seems very limited). Is it supposed to be free? Also I think they said they will only replace a battery if it has lost half of it's power retension. I'll have to check into it again.
    01-18-10 08:08 PM
    12 months comes with every new iphone, the 2nd year is the $70 or whatever it costs.
    01-18-10 08:23 PM
    In your opinion, do you think that AppleCare is worth it. It doesn't cover physical damage. The only thing I can see using it for would be a new battery, which may be cheeper than AppleCare.
    01-18-10 08:30 PM
    applecare is worth it if ur going to keep ur phone fr at least the 2 years since thats how long ur warenty would be. if ur not going to keep it for 2 years then no its not worth it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-10 11:01 PM
    I dont think constantly sitting on the charger does anything to the battery because it isnt really cycling (discharging and charging).

They only charge $60+ if youre outside of 1 year of free AppleCare and didnt buy another year, or else its totally free. Why not bring it in at 11.5 months and get the battery swapped just incase? By then it should show enough signs of degredation that apple would be willing to swap it. The iphone batteries only get about 3-400 charge cycles before dropping to 80% capacity, so that should be right about a year, or less if you charge more than once a day

So if I don't have Applecare a new iPhone battery is $60.? I thought it used to be more?
    01-21-10 05:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD