In your purse pocket? I always presumed you were a dude, lol.
    04-27-12 11:34 AM
    Everyone on the internet is a dude.
    04-27-12 12:06 PM
    I have an OS7 phone...I don't pull the battery. But, at least BB users can switch-out the battery when it's depleted
    Oh I just plug my iPhone into the charger when the battery gets depleted.......AT THE END OF THE DAY LIKE ITS SUPPOSED TO!!!
    04-27-12 12:27 PM
    I get that a lot. People never think techy peeps can have ovaries.

Sent from mah braiiiiinzzzz using
    Tapatalk
    GingerSnapsBack likes this.
    04-27-12 01:32 PM
    Okay. You say this, and I've seen others say this, but no one ever says why. Why is the iphone so great? What is so great about the experience?
    Don't know about everyone else, but I can only state my reasons. I like my iPhone 4 because I don't have to be kept on my toes or the edge of my seat waiting for the next promise from BB that will go unfulfilled on the next release. The phone fits my needs, I have found that the physical keyboard that kept me with Blackberry for so long really was not that big of a deal. My iPhone works, works fast, and basically, except for security, is what Blackberry should have been years ago. I can give 2 toots about what RIM promises for BB10, the flashing light, whose stock i better, what CNN says,and hanging on to old faithful just to have something argue about and defend. Most of all the iPhone fits what I need, want, and expect from a phone better the BB, Android, and Windows at this moment in time. RIM might very well bring out a device that for once is what they claim it will be, I may return to BB then but for now I am happy with my iPhone.
    pilsbury likes this.
    04-27-12 01:42 PM
    The single biggest thing I dislike about BB (well besides lack of apps), is the pain of menu, close, menu,close, menu, close. The other day I was editing a picture on my 9900 and after zooming in etc I had to menu, close 7 times to make sure something was not running in the background to kill battery.

Yes it's a small thing but if you had to do that a dozen times a day for various functions it adds up. iPhone is double tap home, long press and close (although you don't have to close it out unless you really want to, not like my BB where I forgot to close out of Tapatalk one day and my battery was dead in 4 hours).

I like some of what the menu system allows, but god it can be a pita sometimes.

Tapatalk
    04-27-12 01:53 PM
    Apple will decline, but that's the markets natural yo yo effect. look at the dates and stock, and compare them to RIM you'll see RIM degrade through period of "yo-yo" (market ups and downs) while apple "yo-yos" once before it's stock SHOOTS up to it's highly over valuated price that we see today.
    04-27-12 02:18 PM
    Physical keypads are overhyped and outdated.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    avt123, DX9, hunoosh and 1 others like this.
    04-27-12 03:01 PM
    The single biggest thing I dislike about BB (well besides lack of apps), is the pain of menu, close, menu,close, menu, close. The other day I was editing a picture on my 9900 and after zooming in etc I had to menu, close 7 times to make sure something was not running in the background to kill battery.

Yes it's a small thing but if you had to do that a dozen times a day for various functions it adds up. iPhone is double tap home, long press and close (although you don't have to close it out unless you really want to, not like my BB where I forgot to close out of Tapatalk one day and my battery was dead in 4 hours).

I like some of what the menu system allows, but god it can be a pita sometimes.

Tapatalk

Let's wait until BB10 arrives and then we'll compare multi-tasking. The playbook is a breeze to switch between running apps and I easily know what's running
    Last edited by anthogag; 04-27-12 at 03:17 PM.
    04-27-12 03:14 PM
    Let's wait until BB10 arrives and then we'll compare multi-tasking. The playbook is a breeze to switch between running apps and I easily know what's running
    Yeah that's the thing I really like about the iPhone! I don't have to wait for an update. That's the biggest thing that pushed me away from the last BB I had soon as I got my new BB 4 months later no more updates. I just signed a two year contract and was stuck with a phone that is not supported. So I sold it and went to android. Then found my way to iOS and the updates come the same time for every phone supported heck they still support the 3GS with updates.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    Crude Berry, hunoosh and jclif like this.
    04-29-12 06:19 AM
    Very good point Hot.
    04-29-12 09:40 AM
    I've been away from CB forums since launch day of the iPhone 4S when I made the switch (not looking back either)! And it's funny but your first line.....I've been hearing for the 3 or 4 yrs that I owned a BB! My last being the 9810. People make me lmao!!!!! We'll be hearing this line for EVER...."you just wait until BB213435 arrives and then we will compare". Come one BB people even YOU know that's some funny $#!T right there! You will always be behind! Security don't mean anything if it is FROZEN!!!!
    jclif likes this.
    04-30-12 05:38 AM
    Unfortunately for all the people praying for the death of Apple, even 2-4 years is enough for them to destroy RIMs market entirely.

However, the analyst is basing his opinion on 1 factor, the loss of Steve Jobs. He's not predicting the end of Apple mind you, just a decline.

Losing Steve won't end Apple, their products, design and mass appeal will keep them going for a very long time.

The real question is, will RIM be able to hang on and hope to pick up any market share that Apple "might" lose.
    04-30-12 07:18 AM
    Apple is about as overvalued as RIM stock when it was at its highest. Those who bought into the whole ithingy, well, you overpaid, and you're stuck with it.
    I paid $575 for an unlocked 32gb iPhone 4s. Cheaper than a bold 9900. Not sure that I consider that overpaying considering the difference between the two devices and their use potential. Some will probably think its excessive I suppose.
    04-30-12 07:21 AM
    I paid $575 for an unlocked 32gb iPhone 4s. Cheaper than a bold 9900. Not sure that I consider that overpaying considering the difference between the two devices and their use potential. Some will probably think its excessive I suppose.
    I think he was talking about stock price.
    04-30-12 09:53 AM
    What about profiles/notifications, physical keyboard, security, etc?
    Never use profiles on my S2.
    Never use the LED on my S2.
    Don't have a physical KB on my S2. Even on my Curves, it was a PIMA to type and I've got small hands.
    Security? Meh. I don't keep anything on my phone I wouldn't show to my preacher. The only thing a thief or hacker would see on either of my phones are pictures of my horses and a few of my cats.
    DX9 and pilsbury like this.
    04-30-12 12:59 PM
    Resistance is futile, we are the BB, you will be assimilated
    Thats My line there buddy!
    04-30-12 02:39 PM
    Talk about the proverbial circular argument. Ask a question about what one likes about a device then immediately argue that down, showing that the whole premise is arguing for argument's sake.
    I have SEVERAL BBerries, an iPhone, and two Androids. You know which one is most consistently THERE for me? The one I USED to derisively call an iToy. Guess what.....no more.
    My 9930's current wee idiosyncrasy is to not allow me to make calls. REALLY?!?!?!?!? I dial the phone and I stand by for several seconds of chirping crickets, the silence is so loud. Will NOT connect. Oh yes, update the OS. I know. Load an unofficial OS, or a leak, or a hybrid. REALLY?!?!?!?!?
    At this point, my go-to device is my iPhone.
    Sad, that I should be typing this. I am a BB fangirl. But not so much of a fangirl that I'm blind to the fact that my "flagship" phone will not make calls without a prior battery pull. And not so blind that I don't admit that after spending close to $1250.00 or more on BB7 devices, I find my iPhone to be more dependable than my BBerries.
    04-30-12 04:41 PM
    I would not go as far is to say this made my day, however, RIMs decline

http://reut.rs/JvAOs5
    Last edited by xandermac; 04-30-12 at 06:58 PM.
    Crude Berry and hunoosh like this.
    04-30-12 06:40 PM
    Talk about the proverbial circular argument. Ask a question about what one likes about a device then immediately argue that down, showing that the whole premise is arguing for argument's sake.
    I have SEVERAL BBerries, an iPhone, and two Androids. You know which one is most consistently THERE for me? The one I USED to derisively call an iToy. Guess what.....no more.
    My 9930's current wee idiosyncrasy is to not allow me to make calls. REALLY?!?!?!?!? I dial the phone and I stand by for several seconds of chirping crickets, the silence is so loud. Will NOT connect. Oh yes, update the OS. I know. Load an unofficial OS, or a leak, or a hybrid. REALLY?!?!?!?!?
    At this point, my go-to device is my iPhone.
    Sad, that I should be typing this. I am a BB fangirl. But not so much of a fangirl that I'm blind to the fact that my "flagship" phone will not make calls without a prior battery pull. And not so blind that I don't admit that after spending close to $1250.00 or more on BB7 devices, I find my iPhone to be more dependable than my BBerries.
    I can relate - you saw my post that my phone went frozen sitting in my purse in it's sleeve. I mean, REALLY? I have to battery pull to make a phone call?

My iPhone is back in operation because of that OTHER idiosyncratic habit of the 9900 series - having a touchscreen and trackpad that stop working when you are outside. Now, I know tech people are joked about as living in their parents basements, but a lot of us actually venture into the sun on a daily basis.

For a phone held up as the epitome of doing what a phone should do - a tool not a toy (or so the slogan keeps telling me) - my toy phone is a heckuva lot more reliable.
    Crude Berry likes this.
    05-01-12 12:11 PM
    I think apple will topple, but not for a while. Ppl still jizz over apple products.
    05-02-12 03:10 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD