Apple: three million iPads sold in three days -- Engadget

What else can I say other than...what the heck is RIM doing, or not doing with the failed playbook 3G? Write off some more inventory?

Sheesh
    11-05-12 10:18 AM
    Playbook 32GB LTE = $550
    iPad mini 32GB LTE = $559

That should explain a lot.
    11-05-12 10:22 AM
    This belongs in BlackBerry General forums, why?
    Prince_Poppycock likes this.
    11-05-12 10:28 AM
    Apple: three million iPads sold in three days -- Engadget

What else can I say other than...what the heck is RIM doing, or not doing with the failed playbook 3G? Write off some more inventory?

Sheesh
    You can start by saying how many iPad 4Gs were sold, that would be a good start. Since most tablets sold are WIFI only, why bring up PB 3G?
    11-05-12 12:00 PM
    You can start by saying how many iPad 4Gs were sold, that would be a good start. Since most tablets sold are WIFI only, why bring up PB 3G?
    0. There were no LTE versions of the iPad (4th gen or mini) available this weekend. The three million sold were wifi only.
    11-05-12 12:14 PM
    You have to understand that most of the Apple idiots have no clue what their spending their money on. They buy Apple products because a relative, friend or friend of a friend has something Apple and they want it. They don't use their iPhones or iPads nearly to extent that BlackBerry users do.

If Apple wanted to sell sand in the desert they would buy it.
    11-05-12 12:43 PM
    You have to understand that most of the Apple idiots have no clue what their spending their money on. They buy Apple products because a relative, friend or friend of a friend has something Apple and they want it. They don't use their iPhones or iPads nearly to extent that BlackBerry users do.

And how did they go from being a marginal computer manufacturer with a tiny market share to that point? People always seem to gloss over that point.

(Spoiler: By making a better product than their competitors)
    11-05-12 12:49 PM
    Keep drinking the Kool Aid

My 9900 & PlayBook are much better than the iPhone & iPad.

Wouldn't trade them for anything.
    11-05-12 01:07 PM
    Keep drinking the Kool Aid

My 9900 & PlayBook are much better than the iPhone & iPad.

Wouldn't trade them for anything.
    That's great, you should definitely be happy with your devices. Now, if you could address the question: What was it that made hundreds of millions of people suddenly buy Apple products after years of shrinking market share? Was it chemtrails, something in the water? What was the secret ingredient that Apple used to trick all those people into buying a deficient and inferior product and how come no one else managed?

What was it that got people's friends or relatives to buy Apple products? Someone had to be first, then second, then the 100 millionth. Not all of them would have been tricked by their scheming uncles, right?
    Roo Zilla likes this.
    11-05-12 01:16 PM

And you speak for all iPhone users do you?

Why is it so hard for some people to understand you can be productive on an iPhone? It's not just for Angry Birds.
    11-05-12 01:16 PM

They're* instead of the first their that you wrote.

People buy what they buy because it's their money. Doesn't necessarily mean
    they're idiots. And where did you get the idea that people don't use their iPhones
    or iPads "nearly to the extent that Blackberry users do."? Any stats here?
    11-05-12 01:18 PM

What was it that got people's friends or relatives to buy Apple products? Someone had to be first, then second, then the 100 millionth. Not all of them would have been tricked by their scheming uncles, right?
    He gave you his answer. It's the "Kool Aid." Apparently he believes Steve Jobs passed around some magic Kool Aid to hundred of millions of people around the world.
    11-05-12 01:35 PM
    The phone/ipod is just a means to an end, and with zillions of apps it became useful. Apple built upon what was already working for them nothing happened over night or suddenly.

The only problem I have with some iPhone users is the whole messenger thing. Its funny they are willing to use worse messengers just to not have to do a battery pull once in a while. Glad BB10 is gonna change that. Just different priorities
    11-05-12 01:35 PM
    And you speak for all iPhone users do you?

Why is it so hard for some people to understand you can be productive on an iPhone? It's not just for Angry Birds.
    because txting sucks.

my $0.02
    11-05-12 01:37 PM
    Wow that isn't very many. Is it being called a failure?
    11-05-12 01:43 PM
    because txting sucks.

my $0.02
    And texting has what to do with this discussion? Is that all you think an iPhone can do?
    11-05-12 02:29 PM
    That's great, you should definitely be happy with your devices. Now, if you could address the question: What was it that made hundreds of millions of people suddenly buy Apple products after years of shrinking market share? Was it chemtrails, something in the water? What was the secret ingredient that Apple used to trick all those people into buying a deficient and inferior product and how come no one else managed?

Any semi conscious person can figure that one out. They made AND popularized the first full screen smartphone. However what YOU are glossing over is that iOS is pretty stale now compared to what's either already out, or is soon to be released by others. IPhones sell because of two reasons: they've become trendy, and it's a very easy simple basic device that Mrs. Jones can pick up and easily play words with friends while she's at her kid's soccer practice. When iPhones first came out they were ahead of the others in terms of tech advancement. Now only BBOS7 is more stale than iOS. But the brand recognition keeps them selling well.

Although Android has done a superb job of punting them far out of first place. I've also read Apple's stock went through some drops following the iPhone 5 and iPad mini releases.

Anyway, insisting and pretending that iPhones sell well because they're the best product is a stupid argument:
    11-05-12 11:33 PM
    However what YOU are glossing over is that iOS is pretty stale now compared to what's either already out, or is soon to be released by others.
    I'm guessing that is their primary motive for putting Jony Ive in charge of iOS design. Time will tell.
    11-06-12 05:52 AM
    I hope that's the case. I'm currently very unhappy with the industry right now.

Apple: refusing to innovate, screwing iPad 3 buyers, sitting on their laurels and not trying very hard to please us
    Android: Nexus program moving too slowly to combat fragmentation, best selling Androids are also currently the company who builds the cheapest looking and feeling phones.
    MS: WP8 is actually a pretty sweet OS. I hope it manages to struggle past the bullish obtuseness of the average buyer and be successful. They did mess up WP7 though.
    RIM: Too little too late? Perhaps. BB10 looks really good, but I'm tired of hearing people apologize for their endless delays and excuses for delays.

It's no wonder I have so little faith in the taste of the Walmart/McDonalds consumer base in general, when they're the ones who've allowed this state of affairs to exist. I want Apple to be exciting and innovating while at the same time putting the care they put into making MBP laptops. Competition is good for us. I actually want ALL of the current 4 companies to do well. The consumer doesn't benefit when RIM has two CEOs who continue to pump out terribly outdated devices until they nearly bottom out before a wake up call. Nor do we benefit when Samsung continues to sell phones encased in cheap flimsy plastic with only a minute handful running the current version of Android well over and above every other Android maker.

We don't benefit when MS borks up WP7, which could have been a great phone before WP8 even came on the scene. We don't benefit when Apple decides they don't need to add anything new or cool for years, and instead just hand us an extra row of same old same old and a screwy map app.

This is why I so strongly disagree with those couple of people on CB who believe marketing and branding are NOT a huge deal. If that were true, I would not have been taught years ago in media studies that advertising deliberately gears itself to appeal the the lowest common denominator and society wouldn't be responsible for the Golden Arches completely dominating the restaurant chain industry. According to the segment who believe quality of product drives sales more than advertising and branding, that shouldn't be the case. Yet for decades now, McDonalds, which is so disgusting there's even a documentary showing how negatively it impacts your health, has been sitting at #1. That's all thanks to us, the discerning, intelligent, and informed consumer. SMH.
    11-06-12 07:29 AM