It's pretty interesting but I highly doubt anything will really change anytime soon.

http://www.theiphoneblog.com/2009/02...aking-illegal/
    02-13-09 02:11 PM
    I don't think the majority of people that Jailbreak are looking to pirate content. I beleive, correct me if I'm wrong, that they do it to increase functionality on their devices that is not currently available to them (Video, mms, copy/paste, themes etc)

I think I would be upset if I owned an iPhone : )
    02-13-09 06:10 PM
    I totally agree, granted there are some out there who are too cheap to spend that whole .99 on a app...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-09 06:13 PM
    Apple being bored...
    02-14-09 11:29 AM
    Apple being bored...
    You are correct, Apple would not have even brought this up if the EFF never filed for a exemption request.
    02-14-09 11:32 AM
    I would be shocked if Apple didn't consider it illegal..
    02-14-09 02:43 PM
    Oh my god! Apple is saying that jailbreaking is illegal!

...Didn't we know that already?
    02-14-09 06:55 PM
    Oh my god! Apple is saying that jailbreaking is illegal!

...Didn't we know that already?
    If you pay for a device don't you feel that it's yours and you are free to do with it as you want? Apple can claim anything but in the end it will not change anything. People are going to do what they want.

Does that mean modding a Xbox is illegal? It's not... what is illegal is pirating games...

Again, this won't change anything.
    02-14-09 07:12 PM
    Well I honestly think they wouldn't have to worry about someone doing this "Jail breaking" their iPhone if the device simply came with all the features.. Am I wrong?
    02-14-09 07:27 PM
    Well I honestly think they wouldn't have to worry about someone doing this "Jail breaking" their iPhone if the device simply came with all the features.. Am I wrong?
    I guess that depends on who you ask and what they are looking for. So you are right and you are wrong...
    02-14-09 07:30 PM
    I'd say he's right. What arguing point could you have there? I have no intention on jailbreaking my iPhone. I use it as an iPod that has great media capabilities. And some cool apps
    02-14-09 07:33 PM
    Yes. I can live with that. I think the iPhone is an awesome device, but lacks things that I BELIEVE a phone should do. So someone going and trying to get those features isn't wrong in my eyes. But they shouldn't have to it should be included. But then again its their fault because you should check these things out 1st.. at least for basic smart phone features like copy and paste, or even mms.
    02-14-09 07:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD