- CrackBerry Abuser
- 429 Posts
Apple Overtakes Android in U.S. Thanks to iPhone 5 Sales
Apple is back on top of the smartphone market in the U.S., following the release of the latest iPhone, according to a new report.
The iPhone had a 48.1% share of the U.S. smartphone market in the 12-week period ending Oct. 28, beating out Androidís 46.7% share of the market during this period, according to report on Tuesday from Kantar Worldpanel ComTech. Appleís share of the market increased by 25.7 percentage points from the same time period a year before, while Androidís market share decreased by 16.6 percentage points.
Much of this is due to what Kantar calls the ďstrong uptakeĒ for the iPhone 5, which came out halfway through this 12-week time period. As the consumer research group points out in the report, the last time Apple overtook Android was when the previous iPhone was released.
Apple Overtakes Android in U.S. Thanks to iPhone 5 Sales [REPORT]Curve 8310 > iPhone 3g > Bold 9700 >Torch 9800(work) iPhone 5c(mine!)
"I don't think my device is better than yours. YOU think my device is better than yours" ~ @labellagp
- CrackBerry Abuser
11-27-2012, 01:49 PM #2
- 208 Posts
According to IDC, which is much more reputable, Android has 75% of Smartphone OS Share. Your story talks about number of devices sold in a particular week, and of course, when IP5 comes out, there will be a big surge, closing the gap of Android devices for a short time. But that does not mean that iOS is even close to Android in actual Market Share. See here: Android surges to 75 percent mobile OS market share, says IDC - FierceMobileIT
- 11-28-2012, 06:33 AM #4
- By Marine One in forum AndroidReplies: 13Last Post: 10-16-2011, 02:52 PM
- By Stevies in forum BlackBerry Bold 9700 ThemesReplies: 35Last Post: 11-06-2010, 10:00 AM
- By Stevies in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630 ThemesReplies: 1Last Post: 09-28-2010, 02:36 PM
- By Stevies in forum BlackBerry Bold 9650 ThemesReplies: 1Last Post: 09-28-2010, 02:34 PM
- By radioguinea in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 75Last Post: 02-11-2009, 02:57 AM