Is the mass media going to take this? Or it will be a vanilla news

#BBFactCheck
    07-22-14 04:22 PM
    Moved to iOS section...
    07-22-14 04:31 PM
    They came in at $1.28/share. Who was expecting more than that?

Or are you saying they missed on revenue? 37.5 vs 38. That's not much of a miss, especially when you look at the $1.28

iPad sales are weakening though.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    07-22-14 04:35 PM
    The main stream media would not pay much attention, the numbers loss could be due to customers holding out for the new device, plus I think the market is already saturated. The low cost devices that runs on Android are what the new customers are looking for especially in emerging markets.

Posted via CB10
    Blacklatino likes this.
    07-22-14 04:51 PM
    Better than expected Mac sales.
    07-22-14 04:52 PM
    Apple tends to miss the streets estimates the quarter before a new iphone is released.

History would show this.

Differentiate or Die
    chalx likes this.
    07-22-14 05:48 PM
    Oh I knew the spin on this would be entertaining. Thanks for never disappointing.

BlackBerry would LOVE to 'miss' and 'disappoint' like this.

Posted via CB10
    bbq10l, FrankIAm, ajst222 and 6 others like this.
    07-22-14 05:55 PM
    Over 7 billion in profits. ;( miss what... lol

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    07-22-14 05:58 PM
    I have no clue how this works but regardless they met it means bad and if they exceed then by how much.

#BBFactCheck
    07-22-14 06:02 PM
    "Third quarter report- earnings rose at the highest rate in nearly two years...sold 35.2 million iphones during the period...-phone shipments climbed 13 percent increase from the same time last year even though many people are believed to be holding off...unntil the next version comes out this fall...Apple earned 77 billion...for the three months ending June 28...it's the first time Apple's earnings have increased by more than 10 percent since the quarter that included the September 2012 release of the iphone5...earnings per share for the latest quarter exceeded the average estimate of $1.23 per share among analyst...revenues rose six percent from last year to $37.4 billion..."
    Abc news- "apple posts biggest earnings gain in nearly 2 years"

I'm sorry- what was the question?

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 06:03 PM
    What a doctor spin

#BBFactCheck
    07-22-14 06:06 PM
    They came in at $1.28/share. Who was expecting more than that?

Or are you saying they missed on revenue? 37.5 vs 38. That's not much of a miss, especially when you look at the $1.28

iPad sales are weakening though.

Oh I knew the spin on this would be entertaining. Thanks for never disappointing.

Posted via CB10
    "Third quarter report- earnings rose at the highest rate in nearly two years...sold 35.2 million iphones during the period...-phone shipments climbed 13 percent increase from the same time last year even though many people are believed to be holding off...unntil the next version comes out this fall...Apple earned 77 billion...for the three months ending June 28...it's the first time Apple's earnings have increased by more than 10 percent since the quarter that included the September 2012 release of the iphone5...earnings per share for the latest quarter exceeded the average estimate of $1.23 per share among analyst...revenues rose six percent from last year to $37.4 billion..."
    Abc news- "apple posts biggest earnings gain in nearly 2 years"

I'm sorry- what was the question?

Posted via CB10
    Just smile and celebrate them missing. That's what a "true" fan would do.
    07-22-14 06:09 PM

Posted via CB10
    Remember, it's how BlackBerry started showing cracks, loss of any market share is a source for concern for any company, it's not entertainment nor spin. It is what it is. As I pointed out ,there are couple reasons including the impending new release. After reading the aforementioned posts I see no one spinning.

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    07-22-14 06:14 PM
    Apple tends to miss the streets estimates the quarter before a new iphone is released.

History would show this.

Differentiate or Die
    Most people miss the Streets estimates, because they're always seemingly wrong which makes me wonder why the world always refers to them lol. But whatever, I'm no investor, analyst or whatever else revolves around stocks. I just know that whatever they predict always tends to end up sounding over inflated and like BS.
    07-22-14 06:29 PM
    I guess I'm still trying to understand where the miss was. Consensus was $1.23, right? They came in at $1.28

iPad was weak. iPhone and Mac were strong.

I don't get this thread. I really don't.

07-22-14 06:32 PM
    I guess I'm still trying to understand where the miss was. Consensus was $1.23, right? They came in at $1.28

iPad was weak. iPhone and Mac were strong.

I don't get this thread. I really don't.

However the ipad is showing signs of being softer, it helps looking at that segment as it may predict where the market is heading, that is ,could it indicate a greater reliance on phablets? Could it be that low cost Android tablets is growing? indicating the market for higher end tablets slacking off? It would be nice if a better analysis could be done. Overall PC sales declined with the advent of the tablet market ,could this be a new trend away from tablets to phablets? Just my thoughts.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 06:45 PM
    With the way Samsung tablets are getting returned at my store...iPad may see a hardening again. Heh.

In the last month we've had 7 come back that were sold at Christmas. All Galaxy note 3 7" and 8" and all either frozen or black screen sleep of death. The first couple I could call a coincidence. That many?

I call that typical Samsung.
    07-22-14 06:48 PM
    at least they didn't have to sell real estates and record a tax refund to show revenues.lol
    Bsbudd and m1a1mg like this.
    07-22-14 06:50 PM
    Remember, it's how BlackBerry started showing cracks, loss of any market share is a source for concern for any company, it's not entertainment nor spin. It is what it is. As I pointed out ,there are couple reasons including the impending new release. After reading the aforementioned posts I see no one spinning.

Posted via CB10
    I don�t think Blackberry was every on the list of the most profitable companies in the world. Apple is doing fine and better than just about any other tech company out there. Considering the fact that their demise has been preached since the release of the iPhone 4s, I would say that there is no evidence to show they are in trouble, and anything of the sort is just mere speculation. In other words, it can go either way for them. Look at how this quarter went for Samsung their biggest and closest rival. It went pretty bad, all things considered. But they are not out of the game yet either.

Another stellar quarter for Apple, it would seem.
    07-22-14 07:03 PM
    at least they didn't have to sell real estates and record a tax refund to show revenues.lol
    Oooh... the Group Think won't be happy with you! LOL.
    07-22-14 07:03 PM
    With the way Samsung tablets are getting returned at my store...iPad may see a hardening again. Heh.

In the last month we've had 7 come back that were sold at Christmas. All Galaxy note 3 7" and 8" and all either frozen or black screen sleep of death. The first couple I could call a coincidence. That many?

My dislike for Sammy hardware is probably way past due, but this doesn't surprise me. It's a problem for that platform, because Samsung is the face of Android for a lot of people.

Quality control is something Samsung needs to improve upon.
    reeneebob likes this.
    07-22-14 07:05 PM
    I don�t think Blackberry was every on the list of the most profitable companies in the world. Apple is doing fine and better than just about any other tech company out there. Considering the fact that their demise has been preached since the release of the iPhone 4s, I would say that there is no evidence to show they are in trouble, and anything of the sort is just mere speculation. In other words, it can go either way for them. Look at how this quarter went for Samsung their biggest and closest rival. It went pretty bad, all things considered. But they are not out of the game yet either.

Another stellar quarter for Apple, it would seem.
    I'm talking trends here, not platforms, as to where the overall market is heading. As to the most profitable company title in tech I agree, for this cycle at least Thanks for your input.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 07:09 PM

I've had horrible experiences with Samsung devices. They have quality control issues in my opinion and that is as nice as I can say that. And OP, Apple is mega successful and that's just how it is. There are several reasons for this and quality of product is one of them. I'm not a fan of their devices but I can recognize they are good at what they do.
    reeneebob and Blacklatino like this.
    07-22-14 07:09 PM
    I'm talking trends here, not platforms, as to where the overall market is heading. Thanks for your input.

Posted via CB10
    That's the point. Apple's quarterly results have not been stable enough to establish any trend.

It has been up and down for them, but with a general positive gradient. This year's Q3 was better than any previous Q3 in general terms.

Tech blogs have for years tried to poke holes in their performance yet to no avail. So as i said, there is not enough evidence to establish a trend. But they seem to be doing just fine.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk
    07-22-14 07:14 PM
    Is the mass media going to take this? Or it will be a vanilla news

#BBFactCheck
    The highest "street estimate" was $1.25 per share.

Apple reported $1.28.

Topline revenues, earnings, volumes and EPS are all up from same quarter a year ago.

Profits were $7.75 billion, for 3 months.

Where is the "miss"?

Seriously, trying way too hard.
    07-22-14 07:18 PM
87 123 ...