Apple has reportedly acquired Spotsetter, a social search and mapping startup
    Looks like Apple is seeking startups to buy to boost its competitive advantage. Stockpiles of cash? No problem.

Apple may be looking to infuse its mapping software with personally relevant results by incorporating social search with technology acquired from the startup Spotsetter.

A Friday TechCrunch report said that Apple had acquired Spotsetter. The company provided personalized recommendations for places to go based on various outside data like content from people's social networks on Facebook and Twitter.
    Apple Maps search may get more personal thanks to Spotsetter buy | The Industry Standard - InfoWorld
    06-09-14 05:41 PM
    What does it really do? Give us a scenario

? Slicing using my ?
    06-09-14 05:53 PM
    What does it really do? Give us a scenario

? Slicing using my ?
    It likely means that Apple will have greater access and AI to your personal social behaviour, i.e. favourite pizza joints in your proximity, and suggest locations that suit your personal tastes. So basically it may have access to data from your Twitter/Facebook accounts, and aggregate suggested locations when you search Apple Maps. Kinda cool, but kinda creepy at the same time.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-10-14 05:43 PM
    That would work better if Maps actually had the business information it needed to pull it off. Maps is seriously lacking at the moment, it's getting better but very very slowly.

It likely means that Apple will have greater access and AI to your personal social behaviour, i.e. favourite pizza joints in your proximity, and suggest locations that suit your personal tastes. So basically it may have access to data from your Twitter/Facebook accounts, and aggregate suggested locations when you search Apple Maps. Kinda cool, but kinda creepy at the same time.
    06-11-14 07:02 AM