The iphone is just massive bloatware. Forced gui oh and forced iTunes on my pc. Oh if I want something different I would have to hack the phone... No thanks I will stick to my hide crap I won't use at no expense to the phone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-09 05:14 PM
    Oh believe me I've never doubted that. I even said essentially the same thing
    in a thread in this section "Evidence iphone isn't coming to VZW." I said they
    can make it as nasty as heck, but if the opportunity came Apple and VZW
    would still do business together.
    Yep, it's ALL about money. There is nothing that could ever be said that couldn't be fixed with money. I admit, we're a Verizon family, but we do have the iPhone 3G on AT&T. Personally, I will not leave Verizon, so my personal phone is on Verizon. When I go parading across the Northwest States I need their network. I've made phone calls from places you shouldn't be able to make phone calls from and often times they were emergency calls. I was once in the mountains with a group of about 15 people and my BlackBerry on VZW was the only phone in the group that was able to not only get a signal, but also make a complete phone call. I get voice and data in the Seattle bus tunnel with the Storm...the iPhone doesn't even get signal. It's kind of frustrating having such a great device, but not being able to use the most important feature. I've been with Verizon for 18 years (yes, for real!) and have no intention of leaving, even though they have pizzed me off a few times. We decided that the 3G is our last iPhone unless it comes to VZW, so obviously it's something we want to see happen.
    11-24-09 05:16 PM
    It's not a lie. You just FINALLY got WiFi on BBs, and when the Storm came out they finally unlocked GPS. They forced you to use their GPS services if you needed GPS. That's just plain bull**** and I don't care what kind of "security measures" they were taking.

And apps being pushed to you, wether you download and install them or not is bloatware.
    My samsung i760 had wi-fi and sold did my htc 6800. As a matter of a fact, so did my Treo. So what does that mean? As far as GPS, To be honest I never used phone GPS until a couple of years ago so I can't say anything for or against that. You're probably right about that.
    11-24-09 07:58 PM
    So you're the only one on the planet that didn't get the Slacker OTA push, or the VZTones push, or any of the other stuff that VZ Bloated your Blackberry with?

Lies.
    Those pushes weren't the apps, only install links. I believe that the definition of bloatware used here is apps and krap that come with the phone or via OS updates.
    11-24-09 09:54 PM
    Having said all of that, Apples commercials are VERY good and very true, about the VZ network anyway.
    11-24-09 11:40 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD