Apple continues to innovate! How do they do it? I’m constantly amazed at their out of the box thinking! Just thinking about how they have burst down the walls in mobile tech will amaze! From the iPod, to the iPhone, to the iPad, and of*course the Apple Watch.*The more recent advancements of fingerprint scanners and iPay.
    Except none of this was innovation.

They didn’t create any of these things. What they did, was put an*iName and limitations on an MP3 player, a cell phone, and a tablet. And of course, they pulled out the old idea of fingerprint scanners and finally added a handicapped NFC to the iPhone.

And now Apple is doing it again. It appears that soon we will be seeing the iPen. Yes, Apple has been granted a patent for a smartpen that will work as a stylus while also translating what you write on paper to your iPhone, iPad, or some other Apple only device I’m sure.

So what can we expect when the future iPen hits the shelves? We can expect that Apple will “forget” Steve Jobs’ numerous quotes stating a stylus was unnecessary. And we can expect that iPhone users everywhere, will be excited for this great new technology. And mind you the E-series Nokia could do this exact function when using smartpen.

But for anyone else that wants to try out this futuristic "innovative"technology before the ipen is officially available, go to your local electronic store and look for the Livescribe pen.

Source : Apple patents smarter iPen stylus for paper, iPad and iPhone | News.com.au

Send from the amazing powers of the  Z30
    sibeans, Q10Bold, Smitty13 and 3 others like this.
    01-02-15 03:14 PM
    LOL.
    They sure do have sales for all that stuff tho....
    MrDoreth likes this.
    01-02-15 03:24 PM
    This will definitely show us who the true isheep are.

Posted via CB10
    will308 and thedose like this.
    01-02-15 03:39 PM
    You need a Livescribe pad or page for it to work. The iPen if it ever makes it to reality doesn't need a specialized surface. Your prof for example could use it to write notes on a whiteboard and it would automatically show up in your classroom notes or in Evernote if he chooses. Or he could send it in a email after class.

Now I still doubt this will make the light of day but who knows Apple discarded one hand operation as a key part of IOS and made Iphone 6.
    01-02-15 04:09 PM
    iPen, larger iPhone. Oh boy...Steve Jobs the true innovator is probably giving himself a head slap right now.

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold likes this.
    01-02-15 04:21 PM
    Ill have to write myself a note to look into this. Copy it. Scan it. Take a photo of it. Upload it to DropBox. Then, if I can read it from one of these 5 locations, Ill decide if Apple made the write, sorry, right decision. In the end I think you will find that its merely words on a page.
    01-02-15 04:30 PM
    I love the new Apple. They're finally giving people what they wanted for years...not necessarily a stylus, but larger this and that, and customization. I'm excited about iOS 9...Apple finally seems to be loosening up...this is trouble for other companies...ex. larger iPhone (Samsung sales dropped. And iPhone 6 Plus is the best selling phablet in the world...) Now, a stylus...ohhhh, (s) just got real! Once Apple opens up iOS even more, the endless possibilities...
    agarwal.apar likes this.
    01-02-15 04:37 PM
    Lol, more crying from people in here over what Apple does because they took away BB's customers.
    01-02-15 04:37 PM
    Lol, more crying from people in here over what Apple does because they took away BB's customers.
    Stop that! Don't you say that outloud! Lol.
    01-02-15 04:40 PM
    Now I still doubt this will make the light of day but who knows Apple discarded one hand operation as a key part of IOS and made Iphone 6.
    "Reachability" via double-tap on the home button isn't satisfactory?
    01-02-15 04:46 PM
    I do agree apple doesn't innovative much, mostly steal other companies ideas, but isn't a stylus that translates what you write on paper onto your Smartphone/Tablet actual innovation? I hate apple a much as the next Blackberry guy but if they really did come up with this idea I've got to admit it's a good one!

Posted via CB10
    will308 likes this.
    01-02-15 04:49 PM
    "Reachability" via double-tap on the home button isn't satisfactory?
    Its the best that could be done once they went for larger phone but its still a kludge.

I do agree apple doesn't innovative much, mostly steal other companies ideas, but isn't a stylus that translates what you write on paper onto your Smartphone/Tablet actual innovation? I hate apple a much as the next Blackberry guy but if they really did come up with this idea I've got to admit it's a good one!

Posted via CB10
    Livescribe already does that via the Livescribe app but it needs a specialized surface, the pen is large because it uses an infrared camera on the tip and has poor battery life. Apple will improve on that and include iCloud syncing which will be the hook for people already imbedded in the Apple ecosystem. The iPen is more a enterprise play than consumer , the question does Apple see a large enough market for it.
    01-02-15 05:01 PM
    Now wouldn't you be beating a different drum if BlackBerry came out with a Blackpen that seamlessly synced up and worked with your Passport, Classic or other BB10 phone out there to transfer hand written notes during a meeting onto a note app on your phone?

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 05:13 PM
    it would be nice if BB would produce a BBPen. (would be like a straw under the Berry). When I had my Note 3 it was really usefull to me
    01-02-15 05:29 PM
    I remember the stylus days. Could not stand them then, can't stand them now.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Playbook007; 01-02-15 at 06:15 PM.
    andy957 likes this.
    01-02-15 05:34 PM
    I guess OP forgot how the originally BlackBerry felt phones weren't even supposed to have media players and cameras. I actually do think it would kinda cool if what you write on paper was transferred to your iPad or something like that. I'm sure many college students could find use for that.

People here keep the name Apple in their mouths entirely too much....and of coarse if people buy it, ya'll label them isheep. Grow up and be happy with your own purchases....damn

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 05:34 PM
    Telemetry has been around for at least 20 years, just not for the consumer market. Now Apple has packaged it in a pen form and slapped a patent on it. I can't see this being exclusive to Apple - the technology can't be proprietary anymore.
    01-02-15 06:08 PM
    considering how poorly some peoples penmanship is, including my own. I hope Apple comes up with a translator for those reading what is written....
    anon(9194980) likes this.
    01-02-15 06:32 PM
    Now wouldn't you be beating a different drum if BlackBerry came out with a Blackpen that seamlessly synced up and worked with your Passport, Classic or other BB10 phone out there to transfer hand written notes during a meeting onto a note app on your phone?

Posted via CB10
    Of course, it would be seen as an innovative miracle.
    01-02-15 06:46 PM
    Actually it was more like Samsung.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 07:21 PM
    Actually it was more like Samsung.

Posted via CB10
    Oh right, Apple took none. My bad.
    01-02-15 07:23 PM
    Apple patents a lot of things. Most never get released in a product.
    01-02-15 07:26 PM
    Apple patents a lot of things. Most never get released in a product.
    Thats correct, basically anything they are exploring they'll try and put a patent on it. It was a corporate culture shift after the courtroom wars between Apple and MS over GUI. After the smartphone patent wars began Google also joined in and both are top 20 in patents. Blackberry also does well for itself at 20th.
    01-02-15 07:39 PM
    I remember the stylus days. Could not stand them then, can't stand them now.

Posted via CB10
    I use my S Pen a heck of a lot more than I thought I would. I love Action Memo. It launches when you take the pen out, and you can write down a name and phone number and have it automatically add to your contacts, write an address and it'll open up in maps, write a phone number and it'll automatically go to the dialer, write a calendar event and it'll go to the calendar, write an email address and it'll compose a message, or write a website and it'll go to the browser. Sometimes I use it to scroll through webpages and click tiny links so I don't have to touch the screen and fiddle with zooming.
    01-02-15 08:25 PM
    It's actually a very neat idea. It saddens me that CrackBerry is the home of people that just spread hate on other platforms irrationally. It almost feels like jealousy. Keep it down to BlackBerry products, or provide constructive criticism of other platforms at least because topics like these make you look like a 13 year old Justin Bieber fan and you just invite trolling in.
    01-02-15 08:31 PM
128 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD