We have some hot Storms, but I guess they are baking Apples too.

Apple Admits iPhone Overheating Issues -- Sort of - PC World
    07-03-09 06:21 AM
    Who cares this is a blackberry forum

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-09 06:27 AM
    I thought this was a bb storm forum.
    07-03-09 07:01 AM
    agree.....

we need a mod to move the thread
    07-03-09 07:23 AM
    Wow, go back to bed and get up on the other side ...

I only posted this because some Storm users have had heat issues (something like ... Battery Drain due to Heat, Storm Burned My Face, Post-its behind the battery).

Any of these sound familiar?
    07-03-09 07:34 AM
    HA! I read an article on the LA Times' website last night where people are complaining about the iPhone's battery life.

Here's an excerpt:

"If used only to make calls, the latest iPhone lasts only an hour less than the first model, according to Consumer Reports magazine. The latest model tips in at just over seven hours. But people aren't buying iPhones just to talk.

The magazine's measure doesn't include any of the networking functions that can drain the battery most quickly, said Consumer Reports' electronics editor Paul Reynolds. And the iPhone has more functions and programs than any other handset".

iPhone 3GS poor battery life

And, as we know, this isn't solvable with the purchase of an additional battery or an extended life battery - since the iPhone's batt. isn't removable.
    07-03-09 07:55 AM
    There is also an article at BGR saying that the 3GS is now the #1 phone according to a consumer report and that it was AT&T biggest debut ever

07-03-09 08:05 AM
    either way it will sell like mad, and the next model, and the iphone mini, mico, nano and shuffle.
    07-03-09 09:01 AM
    will never leave my BB, she's been too good to me
    07-03-09 10:32 AM
    There is also an article at BGR saying that the 3GS is now the #1 phone according to a consumer report and that it was AT&T biggest debut ever

I think a significant part of that can be attributed to fanboys and those that didn't do their research and had to have the device as soon as it came out (same that happened with the Storm and other devices when they were launched).

There's truly something to be said for waiting a bit and reading a review or two before dropping the dough on something you need to charge every several hours or turning off some of the features many, no doubt, bought the phone for to begin with. And as stated, no access whatsoever to the battery, so they don't make extended life batteries in order to help with this a bit.
    07-03-09 12:01 PM
    HA! I read an article on the LA Times' website last night where people are complaining about the iPhone's battery life.

Here's an excerpt:

"If used only to make calls, the latest iPhone lasts only an hour less than the first model, according to Consumer Reports magazine. The latest model tips in at just over seven hours. But people aren't buying iPhones just to talk.

The magazine's measure doesn't include any of the networking functions that can drain the battery most quickly, said Consumer Reports' electronics editor Paul Reynolds. And the iPhone has more functions and programs than any other handset".

iPhone 3GS poor battery life

And, as we know, this isn't solvable with the purchase of an additional battery or an extended life battery - since the iPhone's batt. isn't removable.
    I don't know about the iphone but I had a ipod touch and the battery life was a joke.

07-03-09 01:16 PM
    I have an Ipod touch and it's not that bad for battery life. It lasts about 14 hours on a full charge and I work with pcs so always near a usb socket to charge with.

I think the first batch of replies were a bit of an over-reaction tho. Yeah this is a BB forum but it doesn't mean we can only talk about BB's (does it?) I love my storm for what it does but I also love my ipod touch as an mp3 player? But ironically I hate the iphone lol
    07-03-09 01:36 PM
    i just can't believe people would buy a smartphone that limits the software you can load on it.

Its ridiculous that you have to let someone else approve what programs you can have, especially someone as tight-fisted as Apple.

Someone had to hack the phone to do so is insane, and people complain about microsoft...
    07-03-09 04:05 PM
    woot, iphone fits right in a blackberry forum!!!!! come ON guys,
    07-03-09 04:35 PM
    This post is stupid. Just because the iphone has overheating problems doesn't mean it justifies the storms overheating

07-03-09 05:03 PM
    I like hot apples
    07-03-09 06:49 PM
    i just can't believe people would buy a smartphone that limits the software you can load on it.
    Well then why did you buy the Storm. You can only load so many apps on it because RIM was to stupid to allow anything to be installed on the memory card. Also what apps are there that you can get on a Storm that you can't get on the iPhone.
    07-03-09 08:52 PM
    ditto i think i phone users should goto there own site. opps sorry no site for them
    07-04-09 12:35 AM
    Who cares about Apple.
    07-04-09 07:55 AM
    Thanks for posting this interesting article. Definitely helps inform any debates about the iPhone.
    07-04-09 09:48 AM
    There is already a post about this.
    07-04-09 10:30 AM
    This post is stupid. Just because the iphone has overheating problems doesn't mean it justifies the storms overheating

Just because a phone gets hot doesn't mean its over heating. Any smart phone will get hot because of battery but iphone is keyword OVER heating....meaning getting hot to the point where its unecessary.
    07-04-09 11:10 AM
    This thread should be locked or removed. We already have one of these threads.
    07-04-09 11:15 AM
    At least the overheating problem is bad enough that Apple has to file a new patent for a new battery. The following link is from Apple Insider web site....

AppleInsider | iPhone overheating problems could see aid from new patent

A colleague of mine got the white iPhone 3gS last week. She told me when she was playing some games on the iPhone, she can see the battery starts to go down.

I suspect the battery limitation and issue is why Apple never implement any multitasking capability. Nevertheless, the iPhone is still a good phone. I just don't like AT&T's coverage.
    07-04-09 11:17 AM
    I don't see that being anyworse then some people having to run frankenstein hybrid OS on the Storm. Personally I love 148 on my storm.

Its ridiculous that you have to let someone else approve what programs you can have, especially someone as tight-fisted as Apple.

Someone had to hack the phone to do so is insane, and people complain about microsoft...
    07-04-09 11:34 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD