Oh, and I noticed that more people are unhappy with your updates;

whatsapp for Bold 9700
    June 30 2010
    Release 2.4.4192
    Not too gd for my bold 9700, kept promptin me to upgrade to a new version as there's a critical bug. It still prompt me the msg after I did the upgrade!
    07-06-10 09:33 PM
    I find it to be a good app. I have it on my Bold so I can text with my sis-in-law who has an iPhone but no text plan. I also use it to text with another who has a iPhone 3GS but lives in an area with spotty to no cellular signal but she has WiFi. So far it has been a great integration between iPhones and my BlackBerry. No real problems on this end and I don't mind the updates. It just means it is constantly being improved and I'm all for that. Thanks WhatsApp. Nice job.
    07-06-10 09:47 PM
    i have it on my bold 9000 and i like it... only thing is that iphone people can update their facebook status' with whatsapp while you cannot do that on the blackberry. I use to get updates whenever a my friend updates their status on whatsapp but after i updated my version of whatsapp that feature went away... Other than that i like it.
    07-07-10 09:55 AM
    Hi,

Can I use the application on a BB without having a data plan?? I am currently using my BB 9700 as a phone without subscribing to the BB service
    11-07-10 06:10 AM
    Have any of you guys tried the app called kik? Instant messaging that can be use to message anyone who has a iphone bb or android phone.
    Last edited by carnellj; 11-13-10 at 11:49 AM.
    11-13-10 11:46 AM
    Have any of you guys tried the app called kik? Instant messaging that can be use to message anyone who has a iphone bb or android phone.
    11-13-10 11:52 AM
    kik is no good. Whatsapp works between BB, iPhone, Android and Symbian. Please take your spam elsewhere.
    11-13-10 12:14 PM
    I just bought my gf a Blackberry. I have an iPhone 4. In my new office, I don't get very good signal reception but I get a solid Wifi signal. I have WhatsApp installed on my phone but don't use it often because I have an unlimited texting plan so it's sort of useless.
    HOWEVER I would like to keep in touch with my gf periodically throughout the day but we can't get in touch through phone. She has the BB 9000 but no 3G data plan, only the standard "unlimited email, bbm" service that Rogers offers.

I know she can use WhatsApp on her wifi network but can she use WhatsApp for free through her "unlimited email/bbm/social networking" add on or is she going to have to buy a data plan through Rogers?

Thanks for all your help, I don't know much about Blackberries
    11-16-10 04:40 PM
    My biggest gripe with whatsapp is having to turn on firewall mode to use it on campus. it takes so long to stop trying to connect to allow me to turn on the option so that it's useable again.
    03-17-11 12:17 PM
    WhatsApp exploited!!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=m1OSD3Jj3l8
    05-16-11 01:13 PM
    I just wasted 43 seconds watching that video. I want my 43 seconds back...
    06-05-11 07:10 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD