Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Anybody else...

use their iPhone 4 without any sort of case? I just responded to someones thread about what case to get and it made me wonder if anyone feels the same way I do about the iP4.

I have a screen cover on the front and a back "screen cover," because I think the phone is so attractive it shouldn't be covered up. Anybody else do the same thing?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,803 Global Posts
    PIN
    What's that?

Sorry, Mophie (sp?) battery case here. Neither of us could stand the way the iP4 felt in the hand when it was naked (hard, square, weird). The Mophie makes it a MUCH more pleasant shape and feel and doubles the battery life.

But it's OK if you like it that way...
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    15,252 Global Posts
    PIN
    Pin Point Accuracy

I always feel as if I'm about to drop my iPhone 4, when it doesn't have a case on it. So, I roll with an Otterbox Defender case.

If not that, I use my Speck Flip case [allows me to place the phone in a dock, with the case still on]...
    Instagram: @naviwilliamsinc
    Twitter: @naviwilliams
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    115 Global Posts

My husband does and I believe he's nuts! I don't like the feel. Its to thin for me. I'm planning ti get my iphone netx week and have allready picked out my iphone cases. Lol. Even on my berry there's always a case, I tend to drop phones. Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    756 Global Posts

Nope. iFrogz case (with a rubbery 'feel' to it) and a matte screen protector.

On the plus side, the case also hides the Apple logo - I'm not a fan of wearing/displaying logos, especially if I'm not getting paid or other 'considerations' to do so!
    Slayer of Misinformation

Global Posts
    5,378 Global Posts
    PIN
    Smartphones are for Smart People

+1 on the iFrogz, Also have an Otterbox Defender, Incipio 2 piece and a Blade Aluminum Bumper.
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    15,252 Global Posts
    PIN
    Pin Point Accuracy

Here, here! I do wish my Otterbox didn't have the Apple logo showing...

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza1 View Post
    Nope. iFrogz case (with a rubbery 'feel' to it) and a matte screen protector.

On the plus side, the case also hides the Apple logo - I'm not a fan of wearing/displaying logos, especially if I'm not getting paid or other 'considerations' to do so!
    Instagram: @naviwilliamsinc
    Twitter: @naviwilliams
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    368 Global Posts

I dropped my phone without a case on it once......once.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,806 Global Posts
    PIN
    iMessenger

I'm too paranoid not to have a case on my devices-both have Seidio Rugged cases.
    iPhone 4S Jailbroken
    iPad 3rd Generation Jailbroken
    Apple TV
    CrackBerry Addict

This is a good price for this barely there case-mate.
    I ordered it and it's pretty nice.

iPhone 4 Leather/Chrome edge = 2 Case mate Barely There - eBay (item 250781312653 end time Jul-28-11 11:55:59 PDT)
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

Man, I hate Otter Box, they're so big and bulky. I think I'm just shallow when it comes to this kind of thing though, haha.

I had the black iPhone 4 since launch day and then got the white one like two days after it came out- it was a big trade between me and my step-bro, I'm not shallow to the point where I'd get white just to have white. He ended up with my black one, I got a BB Torch and then returned for a white iP4 cus the BB was super laggy among other things.

Anyways, I just thought it interesting that nobody on here sports one without a case. I'd say about 90% of why I don't use a case is cus I wanna be able to look at the phone, and about 10% is because dust gets into the case and if you don't clean it out can damage the phone. I had a bumper on my first iP4 and didn't know you had to clean it out once in a while, so when I first took it off I noticed the bezel had permanent marks around the side buttons...
    Last edited by dalton4L; 06-29-2011 at 02:54 PM.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by dalton4L View Post
    Man, I hate Otter Box, they're so big and bulky. I think I'm just shallow when it comes to this kind of thing though, haha.

I had the black iPhone 4 since launch day and then got the white one like two days after it came out- it was a big trade between me and my step-bro, I'm not shallow to the point where I'd get white just to have white. He ended up with my black one, I got a BB Torch and then returned for a white iP4 cus the BB was super laggy among other things.

Anyways, I just thought it interesting that nobody on here sports one without a case. I'd say about 90% of why I don't use a case is cus I wanna be able to look at the phone, and about 10% is because dust gets into the case and if you don't clean it out can damage the phone. I had a bumper on my first iP4 and didn't know you had to clean it out once in a while, so when I first took it off I noticed the bezel had permanent marks around the side buttons...
    I don't use a case 90% of the time. I just put a case on when I know I'm
    going out to drink or something.
    CrackBerry Abuser

No case for me - never use them. Besides, my iPhone 4 won't fit into my car holder with a case on...
    CrackBerry User

I'm currently using the speck wallet case, which allows me to carry 3 cards with me (i really wanted to free up space in my pockets). If it wasn't for this case my iPhone 4 would be naked. I'm not worried about dropping it because I'm very careful...
    CrackBerry Addict

If I had an iPhone I wouldn't use a case, just screen protectors like you. I don't use any type of protection for my bb, and the iPhone is so sleek it would be a shame to just cover it up.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    PIN
    314930C0

it really matters how I feel. I could go days with any of my 3 cases on it and then go weeks with it off. it doesn't really matter.
    !!Onlee The Lonely: Survivin'2StruGGLe!!
    Y@yAr3aT3chH3ad/SanFranciscoGiant
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask me for it!

I would go without a case only if i knew for sure that I wouldn't drop the beautiful device. Otterbox defender keeps my mind at rest, especially when I use it on my runs.
    1. BB Curve 8530
    2. BB Torch 9800
    3. iPhone 4 <3
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    148 Global Posts

I don't use a case or screen protectors. I've dropped it a few times with no problems and have no scratches. I love how the phone fits in my pocket and how it feels in my hands when it's naked. I see a lot of threads about cases and it seems people spend $50+ on them along with screen protectors. If the back glass breaks it's $29 for Apple to replace. The front is $129 or $120, I can't remember. I'll take my chances.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    2,139 Global Posts

I like the phone without any case on it but I am to clumsy to keep it that way so I have an otterbox on mine. It actually feels protected now.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnly View Post
    Yeah, it is! Jennels first post is gold.
    @missjennell
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    443 Global Posts

I am justt too protective of my iPhone so I bought the Defender for it(only could find black at the time). But I found a purple/white on at Best Buy so I'm using that one now. I do take the phone out to admire it once in awhile!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    417 Global Posts

I just have one of those rubbery silicone cases on mine that I found on eBay.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    707 Global Posts

I definitely have a case on it since I bought mine off contract but I have always had cases for all my phones anyways.