The 3GS just came out but there was a news story yesterday about a guy who worked in one of Apple's supplier manufacturers in China who committed suicide because he was accused by the company of stealing a new iPhone prototype. Is there yet another version coming out soon?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-09 06:58 AM
    There is always a next version coming.
    07-23-09 09:03 AM
    These devices are designed and prototyped sometimes 2-3 years before they are released. I would imagine Apple has a 5G already designed and probably have engineers thinking about what will come after that.
    07-23-09 09:09 AM
    yea it was one of a few prototypes that were lost companies coujld develop like 5 different prototypes with different features to find what works best.

considering the 3gs was an internal only upgrade i would say it was because apple is working on something more for next year but needed to satisfy the consumer. smart move i am happy with just beefed up internals.
    07-23-09 12:39 PM
    There definitely is... always a new one cooking up. This year? No. Next year? Likely.

I'm even assuming there will be more than one type released. I'm not referring to color or keeping the 3GS and getting a 4G model out. I mean two new types, but that's only my assumption.
    07-23-09 02:08 PM
    There definitely is... always a new one cooking up. This year? No. Next year? Likely.

I'm even assuming there will be more than one type released. I'm not referring to color or keeping the 3GS and getting a 4G model out. I mean two new types, but that's only my assumption.
    I have heard that same rumor as well. Kind of curious what will be next if they have a couple of different choices besides color and GB's
    07-23-09 02:11 PM
    I have heard that same rumor as well. Kind of curious what will be next if they have a couple of different choices besides color and GB's
    I started it... lol. I actually mentioned it in other places.

http://forum.theiphoneblog.com/iphon...next-year.html
    07-23-09 02:14 PM
    that would be cool to have a couple of different models idc about color choices although i do miss the original iphone with the metal back felt so much more solid although we won't see it again sadly.
    07-23-09 04:16 PM
    Thanks. The article stated that he was supposed to send 16 of the prototypes directly to Apple, but Apple only received 15, so I assumed something was brewing to come out soon again.
    07-24-09 09:21 AM
    Thanks. The article stated that he was supposed to send 16 of the prototypes directly to Apple, but Apple only received 15, so I assumed something was brewing to come out soon again.
    i think some the concepts were also new ipod touches because supposedly there will be a new itouch and ipod nanos with camera. otherwise i think apple will stick with the trend of announcing the iphone at wwdc keynote and then releasing new model soon after.
    07-25-09 02:38 AM
    I am hearing the new iPhone is going to be a 4g with a new OS
    07-26-09 03:06 AM
    I am hearing the new iPhone is going to be a 4g with a new OS

i doubt it will be 4G... not enough network support for such a widely used device
    07-26-09 11:16 AM
    Yeah most likely the same time next year after WWDC, I have heard rumors of a (Red) iPhone coming out over christmas, but I hope thats not true. Because I'd be super depressed lol. I love white, but red is my true love.
    07-26-09 11:28 AM
    i doubt it will be 4G... not enough network support for such a widely used device
    I heard those rumors as well.
    07-26-09 05:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD