My gf has installed the 3.0 os on her phone but can't figure out how to record videos... Any help?

Thanks...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-09 11:22 AM
    only iPhone 3GS can do video! unless you get a third party app.
    07-17-09 11:24 AM
    Well CRUD, I thought the 3.0 upgrade was supose to do that.... What 3rd party app will let her record video? Oh, and she can't get the zoom feature on her camera to work....

07-17-09 11:30 AM
    You can jailbreak your girl's phone and install cycorder.

Other than that, video recording is 3Gs only.

3Gs records at 30fps and I believe the most for the 3G/2G is 14fps. I could be wrong, so a little over double the quality. It isn't bad either on the 3G/2G.
    07-17-09 12:08 PM
    You can jailbreak your girl's phone and install cycorder.

Other than that, video recording is 3Gs only.

3Gs records at 30fps and I believe the most for the 3G/2G is 14fps. I could be wrong, so a little over double the quality. It isn't bad either on the 3G/2G.
    Apple needs to get another carrier.

What about the zoom? How does she get the camera to zoom?

07-17-09 12:15 PM
    Apple needs to get another carrier.

What about the zoom? How does she get the camera to zoom?

What does the carrier have to do with it? The carriers abroad are the same. 3Gs is the only one with this functionality built in.

No natural zoom. You may need to d/l an app in the app store for that.
    07-17-09 12:26 PM
    What does the carrier have to do with it? The carriers abroad are the same. 3Gs is the only one with this functionality built in.

No natural zoom. You may need to d/l an app in the app store for that.
    Sorry, that was in reference to MMS.... She was excited about that too but found out at&t will not allow it even if the phone has the 3.0 upgrade. I feel partly responsible since I pumped her up all this time saying "wait until you get 3.0!"

And she still can't get her camera to zoom.

07-17-09 12:30 PM
    Sorry, that was in reference to MMS.... She was excited about that too but found out at&t will not allow it even if the phone has the 3.0 upgrade. I feel partly responsible since I pumped her up all this time saying "wait until you get 3.0!"

LOL... tell her it's coming though, probably sooner than she thinks.

Yes, MMS is great. I've been using it sparingly since 3.0 beta 2.
    07-17-09 01:41 PM
    well heres the lowdown mms will be available this summer probably around august or september with the 3.1 update. second yes only 3gs can do video and none have zoom but you can download an app that will do that in the app store.

second you can always jailbreak the 3g or 2g whichever she has using quickpwn or redsnow and download an app called cycorder which will allow you to record. so there are ways to make it happen if you have other questions feel free email me at [email protected] i am an apple junkie lol
    07-17-09 01:43 PM
    the 3G will be able to mms when they enable it... the first gen is the only one left in the cold
    07-17-09 01:44 PM
    LOL... tell her it's coming though, probably sooner than she thinks.

Yes, MMS is great. I've been using it sparingly since 3.0 beta 2.

you are such a tease duvi!
    07-17-09 01:45 PM
    the carrier has nothing to do with the fact that the iphone 3G does not have a video camera. it is the software on the phone
    07-18-09 01:36 PM
    yea really i think ATT was a great choice for apple they allowed apple to keep the device exactly how they wanted unlike VZW strangling the BB's and not allowing wifi and their forced apps.

but the only thing ATT is being slow on is allowing mms and tethering at this point for the iphone should both be here soon though.
    07-18-09 01:44 PM
    if u have a regular 3g and not a 3gs u cant record videos
    07-20-09 11:26 AM
    if u have a regular 3g and not a 3gs u cant record videos
    Unless you jailbreak it =)
    07-20-09 11:37 AM

thats something i never understood, why would you want to pay for MMS, if you can email the same photo for free as part of your data plan??
    07-21-09 11:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD