...who visits the top threads, wonders upon a playbook conversation and finds themselves saying "Bless their hearts." You literally can't post ANYTHING that could even be interpreted as a negative. It doesn't matter if you own the device and have been a loyal user for years you are a pariah if you dare make mention of your ridiculous high standards or great expectations for a company you once loved.

I've never seen such hostility over any device. It's so peaceful on the Apple forums. I can't even remember the last time someone brought up a discussion about the Playbook/BB/RIM.

I use to think I still frequented these forums in my free time because I do use a BB for certain aspects of my life. Maybe because I truly wanna see RIM come back and provide some real competition, but I think it's more like a train wreck that you just can't look away from.

It was awesome here when I bought my first BB Curve. Such a shame...
    01-26-12 02:01 PM
    Don't criticize. That's the overriding message here now. A "bad attitude" will get you banned.
    01-26-12 02:35 PM
    Don't criticize. That's the overriding message here now. A "bad attitude" will get you banned.
    Interesting.
    01-26-12 03:16 PM
    I only come to this sub-forum.... i go anywhere else i would be considered a troll.... smh
    pri79269 and GingerSnapsBack like this.
    01-26-12 05:16 PM
    Yep. and if you come with facts it's even worse.

10 chars
    joe_fresh and pilsbury like this.
    01-26-12 08:07 PM

10 chars
    preach on brotha......
    01-26-12 08:28 PM
    Must be talking about this one.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...myself-691934/

Didn't make past the third page there was so much hostility. Funny though it was downing Android and not Apple for a change.
    01-26-12 10:39 PM
    I only come to this sub-forum.... i go anywhere else i would be considered a troll.... smh
    Well said, me too.
    01-27-12 04:33 AM
    I still come here to visit but all the hostility and trolls led me to tipb/iMore quite some time ago but I still pop in from time to time ...
    01-27-12 05:57 AM
    There's two sides to every story. While I understand your sentiment it shouldn't be discounted that there are also those who frequently visit the Playbook forum to inflame. It shouldn't be discounted that there are also many who come with legitimate issues seeking help solving them and many people here give them that assistance.

There's a great deal of difference between "can someone help me figure out wireless file transfer? " compared to a post like "wireless transfer sucks on playbooks! iPads / androids do it better".

Sent from my Atrix using Tapatalk
    mark37724 and kbz1960 like this.
    01-27-12 06:18 AM
    Listen, I can certainly not be considered an advocate of any product, I have Apple as well, I come to forums for assistance/information. Not quite understanding why you would go on a forum of enthusiasts to suggest that they are narrow minded or fanatical because they cannot accept criticism. I don't come on to forums for an editorial, I actual question your motivation for starting this post.

I don't spend anytime on this or any other forum reading product bashing post's and have cetainly not engaged in this myself. You state that it is peaceful on Apple forum therefore I would assume that a post like this would not find its way there? Do you not think that this like going into your neighbours yard to poke a wasps nest with a stick?

I really believe that if you haven't something positive to say, don't say it.
    01-27-12 07:05 AM

10 chars
    Exactly! It's horrible and nothing is done. I read through the post and it's never apple or android users who bring up those products! Someone always says "go get an itoy" even if the op never brings apple up!

I read the original post and always think "he/she is about to get it" SMH...
    01-27-12 10:59 AM
    Listen, I can certainly not be considered an advocate of any product, I have Apple as well, I come to forums for assistance/information. Not quite understanding why you would go on a forum of enthusiasts to suggest that they are narrow minded or fanatical because they cannot accept criticism. I don't come on to forums for an editorial, I actual question your motivation for starting this post.

I don't spend anytime on this or any other forum reading product bashing post's and have cetainly not engaged in this myself. You state that it is peaceful on Apple forum therefore I would assume that a post like this would not find its way there? Do you not think that this like going into your neighbours yard to poke a wasps nest with a stick?

I really believe that if you haven't something positive to say, don't say it.
    I respect your beliefs, but this is the Apple sub forums. This post would not be relevant on those boards because the users of multiple devices or former bb users who deal with this hostility are here.

Your more then welcome to question my motives but there aren't any. I posted my thoughts in a forum directed to people who would probably understand. If you don't like it or disagree with it I respect your right to express that as well.
    01-27-12 11:04 AM
    There's a whole lot of posters in the PlayBook forum -hurt about the fact that they bought an inferior product at $700 when that same product is now being offered at a much more appropriate price-point. $299 or less.

I'd be pissed too, if I hadn't returned the hunkofjunk 4 hours after taking it out of the box.
    01-27-12 12:40 PM
    There's a whole lot of posters in the PlayBook forum -hurt about the fact that they bought an inferior product at $700 when that same product is now being offered at a much more appropriate price-point. $299 or less.

I'd be pissed too, if I hadn't returned the hunkofjunk 4 hours after taking it out of the box.
    To some degree I see your point. It's almost like the girl who defends her dirtbag boyfriend to her friends and family. She puts up with a lot more then she may normally would have because hearing "I told you so" isn't an option. I've been the girl who made even the most obvious hurtful things "no big deal" because I didn't wanna admit I was wrong.

It happens...
    01-27-12 01:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD