Well kinda.. there are a godzillion iPhones running around...
    I wouldn't go as far as to say everyone getting an iPad has an iPhone. However i would generalize that statement a little more, and say most people that are grabbing the iPad have already or do own an Apple product, and are maybe biased to the brand so to say.
    03-17-10 09:43 AM
    I'm an apple fanboy and let me say this

THE IPAD IS GARBAGE AND ANYONE BUYING IT SHOULD SLAP THEMSELVES! We all know what it does and its not much more than what my 3gs can do.

Why do you feel this way? I mean, I have a 13" TV but yet I wanted one that was 3x the size. But why? Should I slap myself. My 13" can do the same thing the 30" can do.

Now of course that is just an example. The same product, just bigger. Does nobody upgrade the size of their TV?

Would you aruge that having a bigger touch is a bad thing? Seems to me people undestand it's just a bigger touch, nothing more as of yet.
    03-17-10 11:35 AM
    I'm an apple fanboy and let me say this

THE IPAD IS GARBAGE AND ANYONE BUYING IT SHOULD SLAP THEMSELVES! We all know what it does and its not much more than what my 3gs can do.
    people still haven't learned to speak for themselves on this website.
    03-17-10 11:40 AM
    I think this thread is dead... I've run out of things to say..

iPad Rocks! and I will pick one up when they are on clearance for half off at the dollar store.
    03-17-10 01:03 PM
    This thread has indeed ran its course. But... I plan to buy an ipad at some point. Why not? I have money, good joba nd I enjoy gadgets. Love my itouch only wish it was bigger when I'm sitting at home browsing. The fact it doesn't have flash makes no differance to me. As long as I can surf, read books, watch my itunes rentals-I'm good! I'm not even planning to purchase the 3g version. I'm constantly around wifi so the additional cost is not a concern.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-10 04:32 PM
    I love how most threads it seems turn into nothing more than grade school playground banter.

No matter what, posts that actually deal with the content are usually ignored so people can "one up" each other. It turns into a ***** fest which gets old.

I am not picking on anyone but it's a general theme everywhere. Car forums, gaming forums, gun forums, phone forums. No matter what, most threads seem to turn into useless bashing.

I really do hope this isn't an indication of sociey in general, that the way people talk on the forums is how they would talk to someone face to face. Hiding behind the screen seems pretty popular and the "tough man" talk seems to grow and grow.

It would just be nice to enter a thread, discuss the matter at hand without reading the non sense that gets mixed in.

I know my post is now one of the non sense ones...

Maybe it bothers me as I read from my phone and it takes too long to read through the crap...lol
    03-17-10 05:32 PM
    Oh give me a break, get off your high horse and add something useful for once in your life. And your right I don't make spelling errors, notice I never said anything about your grammar. I think it's funny that you care so much about what I say that you have to quote and respond every single post that I make. From now on I will ignore you as you have shown yourself to be a complete tool. I also find it funny that you try and say that I am "troll" when that is exactly what you are doing. Get a life man and stop worrying about what others buy and say. Oh and since you brought it up, what is the highest level of education that you have completed? Not that I care I'm just wondering since you brought it up. It really is people like you that have started to make CB not as cool as it used to be.
    +4 CB is definetly going downhill fast. It's a forum now based on debate, with RIM being challenged now. The world is turning to smartphones, it's not shocking why the Blackberry user feels under seige, it's no longer the cool thing to have, it's the old thing to have. If it wasn't for the US Gov the blackbery might be like palm right now.
    03-17-10 09:03 PM
    +4 CB is definetly going downhill fast. It's a forum now based on debate, with RIM being challenged now. The world is turning to smartphones, it's not shocking why the Blackberry user feels under seige, it's no longer the cool thing to have, it's the old thing to have. If it wasn't for the US Gov the blackbery might be like palm right now.
    I'd like to leave this thread to rest in peace, but I must say you're making an awful lot of assumptions in that post. Don't forget, this is the Apple phone section of the site. The debate only exists here because iPhone users either enjoy the forum and the people and want to stick around, or they are simply looking for a fight.

The former is great, and I encourage it, it gives us a real sense of community. I've stuck around at Tipb since I got my Blackberry simply because I enjoy chatting with some of the people there.

But for the people who are just here to bash Blackberry or canonize Apple, there's really nothing constructive that can come of that on a website devoted to RIM and Blackberry.
    03-17-10 10:24 PM
    I'd like to leave this thread to rest in peace, but I must say you're making an awful lot of assumptions in that post. Don't forget, this is the Apple phone section of the site. The debate only exists here because iPhone users either enjoy the forum and the people and want to stick around, or they are simply looking for a fight.

The former is great, and I encourage it, it gives us a real sense of community. I've stuck around at Tipb since I got my Blackberry simply because I enjoy chatting with some of the people there.

But for the people who are just here to bash Blackberry or canonize Apple, there's really nothing constructive that can come of that on a website devoted to RIM and Blackberry.
    Yeah, I hate the people who come to bash blackberrys or to troll the forums. I'm not a huge fan of blackberrys myself, but I still enjoy these forums, except for the occasional trolls.
    03-17-10 11:04 PM

Very well spoken. I think that one of the issues is that the iPhone crowd tends to feel like we are under attack from the Berry group. I joined this site the day after I got my Curve 8310 and continue to come here do to the truly great people that make up the Crack Nation. The way I see it this site was started for Blackberry's but is now the number one site for ALL smartphone users.
    03-18-10 12:09 AM
    it's not shocking why the Blackberry user feels under seige, it's no longer the cool thing to have, it's the old thing to have.
    so are you saying that you got the iPhone because its the new cool thing to have or did you get it because it does what you need in a smartphone?
    03-18-10 12:55 AM
    so are you saying that you got the iPhone because its the new cool thing to have or did you get it because it does what you need in a smartphone?
    Maybe he got it because it's a pretty good smartphone that does what he needs it to do and also because it's cool?
    03-18-10 12:58 AM
    Perhaps he got the iPhone due to the fact that when it came out in 2007 it was a real game changer. Or perhaps he got it because he wanted to try something different. Really does it matter why one person or another chooses the smartphones that they do? IMHO all that really matters is that people find a smartphone that works for them, be that a Berry or iPhone or some other smartphone as long as it works for that user then why should any of us care.
    03-18-10 01:07 AM
    Exactly. And maybe "the Blackberry users" did also. I just thought it was funny how he seemed to be projecting his feelings/concerns onto others...
    03-18-10 01:14 AM
    I didn't make that statement to reflect on my personal reasons for having an iPhone now. Actually come to think of it when the first iPhone was released I was 19, and I grabbed it back then because of what it did that made it different, and how "cool" it was. But now my needs have evolved as well as what I use my iPhone for. So no the point I made wasn't to reflect on me in the present time, just on the general scope of individuals that do own Apple's iPhone over Blackberry's. (You know the average consumer wants a "cool" device that does what they want aka text and call people plus the cool bells and whistles. The iPhone has plenty).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-10 05:17 AM
    Enough... thread closed.
    03-18-10 01:56 PM
141 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD