You're entitled to your opinion but you're delusional if you say the iPhone sucks. Specs alone it's one of the best phones on the market. It may not be a device for you but it certainly doesn't "suck" and it didn't have 4 million preorders in 3 days because it "sucks" and it didn't sell out in Hong Kong in 10 minutes because it "sucks".

You BlackBerry guys say us iPhone users are "kids with toys" but saying something that clearly is a great device "sucks" seems pretty childish to me.

I like BlackBerry, but RIM only wishes they had these types of numbers from one single device launch.
    No need to be so defensive, if the iphone sucks for him no amount of your proof will make him change his mind. I wouldn't say no to an iphone as a second device but it will always "suck" for me for primary use, in my case here's why: no SD card and the ability to use it as mass storage, no removable battery, no integration between apps, no push email for my own hosted email(no exchange) and no keyboard. That's enough for it to "suck" in my case.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-11 06:35 AM
    ^ Again, entitled to your opinion. But it's not a "sucky" device regardless and if you gave it a fair shot, you might be surprised.

So there's no removable battery. But you don't need it to do battery pulls like a BlackBerry. And with upgrades available every 2 years, then what's the point? The battery isn't going to fizzle out in a year. And if it does, just take it to Apple. They have the best customer service.

No physical keyboard? Well, nothing you can do about that. But give yourself 2 weeks to get used to the virtual one on the iPhone. With autocorrect and keyboard shortcuts I type insanely fast on my iPhone! I typed this whole thing from my 4S.

Why do you need an SD card when you can buy a 64GB iPhone? That's pretty amazing. And you can buy extra storage from iCloud.

I'm not trying to sway you, Belfast. Just brining up some points. Use the device that's best for you. But I honestly think that if you gave the iPhone4S a fair shot, you and others, would really enjoy it!

I don't use a BlackBerry, but I wouldn't ever say they "suck", by the way.
    Last edited by moiselles; 11-08-11 at 06:49 AM.
    11-08-11 06:46 AM
    You're entitled to your opinion but you're delusional if you say the iPhone sucks. Specs alone it's one of the best phones on the market. It may not be a device for you but it certainly doesn't "suck" and it didn't have 4 million preorders in 3 days because it "sucks" and it didn't sell out in Hong Kong in 10 minutes because it "sucks".

You BlackBerry guys say us iPhone users are "kids with toys" but saying something that clearly is a great device "sucks" seems pretty childish to me.

I like BlackBerry, but RIM only wishes they had these types of numbers from one single device launch.
    Specs on the iphone dont say its one of the best. dual core 800mhz isnt too impressive(its underclocked.)

Also, dont group all of us(BB Guys) to those who call it a toy.

Its just us calling all iPhone users kids with toys. (because we all know some that are)
    11-08-11 07:51 AM
    Hi!

This is not the place to fight.

We can make arguments in the healthy way.
    11-08-11 08:12 AM
    We're not fighting. This is civilized discussion.
    11-08-11 08:30 AM
    i find it pointless to fight/discuss/compare smartphones. to me its a waste of time especially on CB. blackberrys users get insulted and always want to fight android or iphone users. im glad i switched from blackberry to iphone4s after staying faithful for 6 years to RIM. but never did i bash the iphone or android. and now i still dont bash the blackberry either. we have options colors and opinions. everyone uses what they prefer. only because she/he uses it doesnt mean its the best. i drive a BMW "the ultimate driving machine" i have friends who drive lexus/benz/acura/audi and swear by it...at the end its what you like. i drive BMW cuz they offer our company the best lease rates. the day benz or audi or lexus gives us better lease rates you better believe ill switch lol...trolls get a life
    berry_addict likes this.
    11-08-11 08:42 AM
    Blackberry has Vlingo, but I don't think its even close to being as good. Its the small things that are annoying with it, like not recognizing all contacts, having to hold down a button when saying something and just the complexity isn't there. I say, good job Apple, but I think that if they keep working on it, they can make it much more useful.

I will say its a better start than anyone's done so far.

Edit: Plus, normally, you'd have to pay for Vlingo, like 20$!!! That's ridiculous for something that doesn't work as well.
    Last edited by chiefbroski; 11-08-11 at 10:22 AM.
    11-08-11 10:19 AM
    ^ Again, entitled to your opinion. But it's not a "sucky" device regardless and if you gave it a fair shot, you might be surprised.

So there's no removable battery. But you don't need it to do battery pulls like a BlackBerry. And with upgrades available every 2 years, then what's the point? The battery isn't going to fizzle out in a year. And if it does, just take it to Apple. They have the best customer service.

No physical keyboard? Well, nothing you can do about that. But give yourself 2 weeks to get used to the virtual one on the iPhone. With autocorrect and keyboard shortcuts I type insanely fast on my iPhone! I typed this whole thing from my 4S.

Why do you need an SD card when you can buy a 64GB iPhone? That's pretty amazing. And you can buy extra storage from iCloud.

I'm not trying to sway you, Belfast. Just brining up some points. Use the device that's best for you. But I honestly think that if you gave the iPhone4S a fair shot, you and others, would really enjoy it!

I carry around 2 batteries. I was on a flight last year, where the guy was listening to music out of his iphone. At some point the battery quit and he put it away. My battery quit on my S2 also, as I was listening to music and playing games. However I just pulled out my spare and was back in business.

The iphone by no means is "sucky", I rather like it, as long as it's not mine. It doesn't work that way I do, I can't type on it, I don't like the native email and don't use any of the apps. And, this is a big one, each iphone in the family has to be reset regularly for whatever reason.

I can type faster on my blackberry, go through emails much faster. I just installed vlingo, gave it a shot. Confirmed my suspicion doesn't work in an office environment. However, I will see if I can hook it to my nav bluetooth later, which is a plus over Siri. Even if I can't I can't see using this, but it's nice that RIM offered for free.
    Last edited by i7guy; 11-08-11 at 10:56 AM.
    11-08-11 10:53 AM

Missing the point a little , if some key features required by a user are missing from a device, that device does "suck" for him.

Batteries are for swapping, sd cards for recovering data in case of damage, keyboard, well, that's for typing as opposed to touching

The reason I never became an iphone user was the lack of voice dial, and not just voice dial but bluetooth voice dial. I needed to call people from within my motorcycle helmet via my bluetooth headset, that did make the iphone suck at the time.

That and push email pushed me towards Blackberry.

Anyway, this was a bit off topic, does Siri work trough a bluetooth headset/handsfree?

11-08-11 11:15 AM
    iphone just works and fun to use...look at my SIG and see where im coming from.........
    11-08-11 11:47 AM
    But as you well know it, in certain circumstances only BB has it.

That is beyond the point. The fact is some people think the other platforms don't have push email period. That is what I am talking about. Not the specifics.

You know exactly what I mean Bel. ****, I think you even corrected a BB user one time saying that iOS/Android does have push email but not for every single host.
    11-08-11 11:50 AM
    Specs on the iphone dont say its one of the best. dual core 800mhz isnt too impressive(its underclocked.)

Also, dont group all of us(BB Guys) to those who call it a toy.

Its just us calling all iPhone users kids with toys. (because we all know some that are)
    Luckily iPhone users realize the software makes the hardware. Under clocked or not, the iPhone 4s UI still runs faster than the majority of stock Android devices.

**** my Droid X rooted, overclocked with a custom ROM (vanilla Android) didn't run faster than my iPhone 4.
    11-08-11 11:53 AM
    Luckily iPhone users realize the software makes the hardware. Under clocked or not, the iPhone 4s UI still runs faster than the majority of stock Android devices.

**** my Droid X rooted, overclocked with a custom ROM (vanilla Android) didn't run faster than my iPhone 4.
    yup. good point. imagine trying to beat 4S
    11-08-11 12:03 PM

This is probably the biggest misconception in the era of "my octa-core is faster than your quad core" smartphone arms race. Software is the key, not my screen is bigger. Although a 4" screen would be nice
    sj-performance likes this.
    11-08-11 12:33 PM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD