I just charged my Iphone all night and its only at 97 %. I've read other people having this issue. But is it normal? I have only had it 2 days, so I can exchange it for another if I got a faulty one
    06-26-09 09:09 AM
    A few people had that, but I believe it's really 100%. What you can do is restore your device. That's the first thing I did when I got my phone, so I guess that may be the reason I didn't experience any of these issues.
    06-26-09 09:18 AM
    K I'll do that tonight, I'll have to figure out how to back it up, and such.
    06-26-09 09:36 AM
    I will keep an eye out for this when I get mine. Hopefully ATT shipped it today. But like Duvi said, I would restore the device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-09 09:55 AM
    That is what mine did the first day i charged it and it wasnt 100 percent , for some reason that day it died fast as **** , so i looked for things that were constantly running and realized that it was due to wi fi , turned off wi fi on night 2 , and wha lah !!! 100 percent charge and it seemed to last all day .... no wake up today , forget to turn of wi fi , and it didint charge above 97% and i have been up for 20 min and its down to 93... so that extra 3 percent when wi fi is off really runs the phone for like half a day.
    06-26-09 12:26 PM
    I was stuck at 97% for the first couple of days after fully charging. It started charging 100% after a few days for me.
    06-26-09 01:30 PM
    Ok, trying to figure out how to back everything up and such. I guess I just wait for my Itunes to sync it?
    06-26-09 08:58 PM
    I just don't want to erase all the data, I have peoples numbers in the phone that'd be hard to get back.
    06-27-09 12:15 AM
    I have my contacts saved under my Yahoo account. Whenever I have to restore I just sync it there
    06-27-09 11:12 AM
    I just don't want to erase all the data, I have peoples numbers in the phone that'd be hard to get back.
    If you backup your device, you will get that all back. This includes pictures and apps (unlike the BB using Desktop Manager)
    06-27-09 12:53 PM
    K thanks. Like you armered I guess it just took a few charges to get to %100 cause it was this morning. Though I checked my setting and like the battery last for a while so no complaining but sometimes it worries me I'll visit like one site and it'll drop from 100 to 97 really quick. Still haven't had it really be an issue but still.

06-27-09 04:01 PM
    Another that will work to get better battery life is to calibrate it. Use it all the way to zero then recharge it to 100% and that will help.

06-27-09 04:08 PM
    K thanks. Like you armered I guess it just took a few charges to get to %100 cause it was this morning. Though I checked my setting and like the battery last for a while so no complaining but sometimes it worries me I'll visit like one site and it'll drop from 100 to 97 really quick. Still haven't had it really be an issue but still.

I think all the 3GS batteries do this, I drop from 100 to 97% after a few minutes, my iPhone uses up the battery pretty quick until about 70% then it starts to consume alot less energy for some reason. At home, I have WIFI on constantly and I can easily get over 100 emails, 50-60 SMS messages and about 20 calls every day. I have never drained the battery completely or even come close in almost 2 weeks of heavy use, the lowest i've hit is about 10% well after midnight.

I turn off bluetooth, WIFI and Location aiding when I don't need and set my screen brightness at about 1/2, push email stays on constantly. Apple has some really good tips here: Apple - Batteries - iPhone
    06-27-09 07:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD