Is there a GB limit on our phones?? I know sprint had a 5 gb limit I just got mine yesterday and really love streaming pandora in my car but I just want to make sure i'm good with it.

also if i teather it does that change anything??

patrick
    06-30-09 10:48 AM
    "unlimited" means 5 gigabyte softcap.. means after you hit 5GB, you still get unlimited data, but it's very slow.

If you have the tether feature, it puts a 5 gigabyte CAP on there and takes the wording of "unlimited" off.
    06-30-09 12:56 PM
    If you use T-Mobile with your iPhone, all its data is unlimited. No caps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-09 01:06 PM
    All carriers have caps.. the verbage "unlimited" refers to how fast it gets to you.

It truely is "unlimited" but after you hit 5 gigabytes, you are then getting data at speeds comparable to 56k modem speeds, or slower.
    06-30-09 01:15 PM
    All carriers have caps.. the verbage "unlimited" refers to how fast it gets to you.

It truely is "unlimited" but after you hit 5 gigabytes, you are then getting data at speeds comparable to 56k modem speeds, or slower.
    This. And yes, all carriers have caps with there "unlimited" data services.

06-30-09 01:36 PM
    Pandora does not stream very much data, so don't really worry about it. If you are worried, then try to listen to Pandora over WIFI.
    06-30-09 02:19 PM
    Pandora does not stream very much data, so don't really worry about it. If you are worried, then try to listen to Pandora over WIFI.
    If i could find a constant wifi signal during my drive to work it would be great..

but their are not many stong signals when your going 65 on the highway
    06-30-09 02:50 PM
    Yeah I wouldn't worry about Pandora streaming. I listen to it every night (for like 5 hours) when I fall asleep on my 8900 (over EDGE) and my data use is high, but it's usually not over 5 GB unless I'm doing something else like tethering while in the car.

Don't sweat it.
    06-30-09 07:53 PM
    It is very difficult to hit 5GB, unless you are using you phone for all of your internet needs, I use data just about all day, every day and I never come close to 5GB in a month.
    07-01-09 10:20 AM
    It is very difficult to hit 5GB, unless you are using you phone for all of your internet needs, I use data just about all day, every day and I never come close to 5GB in a month.
    Same. Tethering will be the most likely cause for hitting the cap.

07-01-09 10:37 AM
    cool thank's
    07-01-09 10:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD