OK, this question does involve the Palm Pre. I never really looked at it until i saw a few videos. Compared to the Iphone, the Pre has some very great features. I am sure this has been asked before, but does anyone think that Apple will learn and implament these things into the Iphone 3rd generation, or is it too late to make changes...?

idk why, but i guess my fav. feature of the pre is that you can see a text while doing something and you dont have to exit the internet or w/e to look at it.

I appretiate the answers, and please dont flame....
    04-13-09 12:51 AM
    Probably will not be implemented on the next one, but who knows, maybe!
    04-13-09 06:26 AM
    The third one's already done. They've already announced it, and actually have been talking about it Within AT&T longer than all the Pre Hype.

So Simply put?

Nah, Probably not.

Good luck on Gen 4
    04-13-09 06:39 AM
    man, i am sure an update can "fix" it
    04-13-09 12:53 PM
    does anyone know if the new Iphone will be able to send pictures with SMS and not by mandatory Email?
    04-13-09 03:06 PM
    does anyone know if the new Iphone will be able to send pictures with SMS and not by mandatory Email?
    OS 3.0 allows you to send MMS. So yes, you will be able to send picture mail without the use of email.
    04-13-09 04:42 PM
    OK, this question does involve the Palm Pre. I never really looked at it until i saw a few videos. Compared to the Iphone, the Pre has some very great features. I am sure this has been asked before, but does anyone think that Apple will learn and implament these things into the Iphone 3rd generation, or is it too late to make changes...?

idk why, but i guess my fav. feature of the pre is that you can see a text while doing something and you dont have to exit the internet or w/e to look at it.

I appretiate the answers, and please dont flame....

Jailbreak your phone and install "iRealSMS". It does exactly what you want, and supports landscape texting too. A demo can be installed from Cydia, but costs $$ to use full version.
    04-15-09 12:38 AM
    Wouldn't that be considered a background process that Apple refuses to do since the battery life doesn't last as is?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-09 04:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD