Has anyone tried the 1600 high capacity batteries available on eBay? Will they improve battery life? I've just come over to iPhone from a BB Bold and all I ever do is charge. The bold used to last me 2 days with heavy use. The iPhone half a day with heavy use. I've done all the turn off 3G and Bluetooth and data??? What's all that about? I got the phone to use all of those. Any advise would be appreciated as I'm new to iPhone 3Gs

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-11 09:29 AM
    If you aren't surfing the web, shutting 3G off will save battery life, as well as anytime you can connect to WiFi do it... saves battery as well... shutting bluetooth off is the same thing, it's constantly looking for a signal, if you aren't using bluetooth, why have it on

I've heard the 1600 high capacity bats from eBay you never know what you're REALLY getting, and lot of times they are subpar to what's in it now
    01-09-11 09:44 AM
    You could also look into a mophie juice pack or something similar:

iPhone 3G & 3GS

It's a combined battery/case solution.
    Last edited by LazyStarGazer; 01-09-11 at 10:36 AM.
    01-09-11 10:33 AM
    Are the iPhone 4 batteries any better? Will they stand heavy usage?

01-09-11 11:32 AM
    I don't mean fitting one I mean the iPhone 4 in general

01-09-11 11:32 AM
    The i4 has much better battery life than previous iPhones.
    Ask anyone here who has one.

If your thinking of putting an i4 battery into a 3GS, I don't think that will work.
    Pretty sure the i4 battery is bigger, and I doubt there's any extra room in the 3GS to accommodate it.

If I'm wrong, someone please correct me.
    01-09-11 12:47 PM
    I get an upgrade in 12 months so I'll stick it out and hopefully the iPhone 5 will be available by then. I'm loving it so far I do miss some things from my BB and the downside of the battery life can be a pain but the larger screen, touch screen, better os and general usability not to mention all the apps is making me enjoy it so far.

01-09-11 01:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD