Ok 3.0 users, you can now jailbreak your iPhone again. Still can't unlock yet, but that should be out soon. This does NOT work for 3GS yet. But for everyone else with a 3G or touch it's ready for you.

iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Your iPhone on OS 3.0 Using RedSn0w (Windows)
    06-20-09 03:00 PM
    That didn't take long..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-09 03:10 PM
    That didn't take long..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yeah they actually thought it was going to be ready the same day 3.0 came out put they ran into some bugs. I am just waiting for them to come out with the unlocking function so I can get rid of my 3G.
    06-20-09 03:22 PM
    Ahh so happy, works great.
    06-20-09 10:47 PM
    I'll just want it to download Installous.
    06-21-09 02:50 AM
    so ultra snow is for what? just to unlock the device for any carrier? if i jailbreak using redsnow, then all my previous downloaded apps will still work right?
    06-21-09 11:32 PM
    Yeah they actually thought it was going to be ready the same day 3.0 came out put they ran into some bugs. I am just waiting for them to come out with the unlocking function so I can get rid of my 3G.
    The problem is that your 3GS must be jailbroken first, before you can run ultrasn0w (the new unlock utility, as I'm sure you know)... And right now there is no ETA on a JB for the 3GS. My speculation is that the 3GS shares hardware similarities with the 2nd Gen iPod Touch, which had given the Dev-Team fits up until the most recent release of redsn0w, so they may be able to have something out fairly soon - hopefully.
    06-22-09 12:28 PM
    The problem is that your 3GS must be jailbroken first, before you can run ultrasn0w (the new unlock utility, as I'm sure you know)... And right now there is no ETA on a JB for the 3GS. My speculation is that the 3GS shares hardware similarities with the 2nd Gen iPod Touch, which had given the Dev-Team fits up until the most recent release of redsn0w, so they may be able to have something out fairly soon - hopefully.
    Ummmm I'm not looking for my 3GS to be jailbroken or unlocked. I want my 3G with 3.0 to be unlocked. Not sure if you were reading my post correctly.
    06-22-09 12:41 PM
    Ummmm I'm not looking for my 3GS to be jailbroken or unlocked. I want my 3G with 3.0 to be unlocked. Not sure if you were reading my post correctly.
    Ummmm I guess you're right. I had assumed since you list the 3GS as your current phone in your profile and said that you want to "get rid" of your 3G, that you were waiting for the unlock to become available for the 3GS so that you could stop using the 3G... I had not thought about the fact that you simply were wanting to unlock your 3G to sell it.

So, in summary, I read your post correctly and gathered facts from all of the available sources and drew my conclusions from what information you had provided. The fact that I interpreted it differently from what you had meant doesn't mean that I didn't read your post correctly. Perhaps saying "so I can sell my 3G" would have made more sense.

No worries... Either way, enjoy the standard issue 3GS... Sounds like a wonderful phone.
    06-22-09 12:49 PM
    I just wish more stuff on cydia was ready for 3.0! hardly anything works. I just get errors when downloading.
    06-23-09 04:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD