I'm really excited because my iPhone EDGE is coming soon. I got it for cheap on eBay...I plan to use it sometimes with my T-Mobile SIM but I'm not giving up my 8900.

How is the speed of the 2G iPhone...processor wise and also with the internet? Have you had any issues with it?

I've never had a 3G phone so I'm hoping the speeds of the iPhone 2G will be comparable to the Curve 8900 that I have. What do you guys think?
    06-27-09 09:31 PM
    I have nothing to compare to. This is my first blackberry and to me, it is reasonably fast particularly when I run it with wifi. I live in an area without 3G available so a 3G phone wouldn't do me much good.
    06-27-09 09:39 PM
    I have a 3G and my brother in law has a 2G, and mine is quite a bit faster than his. I would say since you dont have anything to compare it to, it probably wont bother you to much. But there is no way I could have a 2G, after seeing what the 3G can do.
    06-27-09 10:02 PM
    I have a 3G and my brother in law has a 2G, and mine is quite a bit faster than his. I would say since you dont have anything to compare it to, it probably wont bother you to much. But there is no way I could have a 2G, after seeing what the 3G can do.
    Yeah that's why I'm glad I didn't "spoil" myself with a 3G device before getting this...since I can't get 3G on an iPhone anyway with my carrier.

But you'd say that the 2G is def usable though, right? Like I won't be there waiting 1-2 whole min for just 1 page to load?
    06-27-09 10:14 PM
    No, I dont think you will have to wait that long. I havent used the internet on his phone in some time, but I dont think you would have to wait that long. The one area that I noticed the biggest difference is when downloading apps. My apps download WAY quicker than his. But, I think you will still have a lot of fun with it.
    Last edited by GAM3INO; 06-28-09 at 12:54 AM.
    06-28-09 12:52 AM
    Yeah that's why I'm glad I didn't "spoil" myself with a 3G device before getting this...since I can't get 3G on an iPhone anyway with my carrier.

But you'd say that the 2G is def usable though, right? Like I won't be there waiting 1-2 whole min for just 1 page to load?
    Its EDGE speed man, and your using it on T-Horrible...have fun with it, you will still enjoy using the phone.

When I remember having it, it wasn't that bad but pretty slow compared to devices these days. Your 8900 is gonna be faster with the RAM/Processor being more powerful.
    06-28-09 10:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD